• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

A 50 minute gameplay demonstration of Death Stranding from the Playstation Japan TGS Stage Presentation. Shows really what this game is about, and I think deserves it's own thread. It's honestly a pretty amazing demonstration. There is two other gameplay demonstrations happening during TGS, the next one on Saturday and supposed to run 30 minutes demonstrating "death" in the game.

Some of the details and short videos mentioned on Playstations Official Blog as well to go with this demonstration: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/12/death-stranding-new-tgs-gameplay-video/

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Can't watch till in 6 hours :(
Hoping for descriptions !
What is the new geeeenre so curious

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like i said in the other thread, not sold on balancing the body weight mechanic, need to see more but the feeling i get is that i will be annoyed by it after a while.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It looks amazing. And of course, some people will still scream "WALKING SIMULATOR!"

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not sold on the game already... this will sell you on the game.

I had game of the generation vibes watching. Kojima is a MASTER.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was such an impressive demo. I think I'm finally sold on what Kojima is going for. I don't know if everything he's doing is going to be successful, and I'm certain it will have lots of luls, but it's certainly deep, impressive, unique, stunning and really different to other AAA games. The degree of systemic elements is really impressive. In a way it's like some cinematic take on a shared world traversal game, a pseudo online Kojima take on BotW almost.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of stuff in this game is still insane to me. The dynamic nature of it all...it's just beyond anything I've seen. Hype through the roof.

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Game looks nice but that empty world tho. Combat looks jank annd the walking around looks boring. The bike seemed way too slow.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I'd definitely recommend it for those wondering just what the hell the game is about.

There's no story spoilers, just pure gameplay that also highlights the Social Strand System or basically the multiplayer part. And we're getting volume 2 this week too with 30 more minutes of gameplay...

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Looks fucking great. But the gameplay..... I am not feeling it .

I'll wait for English version at least before I continue watching

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Honest question - What are people seeing here that excites them? As a MGS fan, I was expecting to be onboard with this but nothing about it looks fun.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Still not convinced. Some good stuff and some really bad stuff were shown, atleast for me.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; Prior History of Platform Warring and Numerous Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
Honest question - What are people seeing here that excites them? As a MGS fan, I was expecting to be onboard with this but nothing about it looks fun.

there are people who behave excited by default because of kojima worship and others because its a ps4 exclusive. This is some bizzare, boring shit they're showing here. This is not a game i can personally be excited about based on this

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
I'll preorder the steelbook version next month.
It's funny they stressed to experience this with ps4pro, guess us with regular old ps4 will have to suffer through it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Supernatural stuff mixed with amazing gameplay and routes you can take in a open world with a very deep story most likely? How would that not excite me as an MGS fan?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • A super expansive open world with user shared world building and traversal options.
  • Tonnes of traversal depth and uniqueness.
  • A sense of realism to everything you do and the world around you.
  • Lots of unique sandbox potential.
  • Really fun looking tools like EXO skeleton super jumps, hover boards, bikes, shock trap weapons etc.
  • Deep and potentially rewarding survival aspects.
  • Some super quirky and weird enemies, bosses and trippy other dimension stuff, that also introduces stealth and horror elements.
  • Insane visuals and excellent sound design.
  • A potentially really cool story with interesting characters.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a serious question? The world, lore, the science fiction, the systems based mechanics, the online Meta gameplay, the fantastic fidelity, the eccentric approach to traversal, and most importantly-the game being something completely new and fresh.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
there are people who behave excited by default because of kojima worship and others because its a ps4 exclusive. This is some bizzare, boring shit they're showing here. This is not a game i can personally be excited about based on this

I'm sorry but that was anything but boring. Combat routes and setting look very impressive. Being the delivery man and then having to be smart about what you pick up is very interesting to me. People want your supplies, BTS want you dead, and you will likely have a deep story. It looks like you are hating for the sake of hating just cause you dont like Kojima, imo.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Could someone please write up the basic gameplay flow? Can't watch right now but would love to know.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Game is gonna be interesting, that's for sure.

Still, this cut a ton of stuff out that I wanted to see to really get a better feel for the general gameplay loop.

That BT fight also looked super annoying to actually play. That powered jump looks weird as hell.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Skipping through it, I see a supernatural MGS5 with some sim mechanics. MGS5 was a godsend in terms of mechanical feel, supernatural stuff is always good, and sim mechanics are good if done well.

Given that there aren't any development shakeups because one end of the deal is trying to leave the market segment, I don't have any reason to worry.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Still not convinced. Some good stuff and some really bad stuff were shown, atleast for me.

Same here, it just was ok. I like there is some vehicles and other transportation you can use, the environment is top notch, Some equipment you can use that can improve your movement.

The rest, the combat etc.. is just meh.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

God forbid people like different things than you. They must be worshippers or just fanboys. If you don't like the game what says about you being in its threads?

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could someone please write up the basic gameplay flow? Can't watch right now but would love to know.
uhhhh so you have to walk through a world and make deliveries. and you have to take care of Norman's feet and pack like six pair of shoes? and you can ride your shipping container thingy like a Tony hawk skateboard but its a hoverboard and uhhh instead of health and stamina meters there's feet and battery meters and uhhhh