• 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess 9's and 10s everywhere. Everyone keeps saying one word. Unique. It won't be like anything any of us have played.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the Kojima Productions offices are located in the Shinagawa Season Terrace which is across the street from Sony's global headquarters. It's really cool.

Shinagawa-Season-Terrace.jpg

C-U82_9XcAAkEP5.jpg

Wow amazing indeed.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Journey got a 93 on Opencritic, so it being short on gameplay and emphasizing the feels won't necessarily mean a bad score.
Journey also happened in a world before Journey, though. It got points for being the first, and now every time a game comes about chasing Journey's tail - it gets analyzed a bit closer.

Then again, maybe Death Stranding will change the game enough that it gets those same benefits for groundbreaking innovation.

I say the game either lands above 90 or below 75. It's either a classic or a bust. No middle ground.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure that once you strip away the cutscenes Death Stranding is significantly longer?

(actual question... I have no idea how long the game is).
I don't know, to be honest. I can't imagine it is a short game though. I think the impressions thread said that the first *10* hours were slow-ish, which to me implies that it is significantly longer.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But I thought SMS soldered those 2 branches and there is only one branch right now working on one project at once each time. They are obviously working on GOW2 right now.
SSM is working on GOW2. That's for sure. It's just that Cory said he's interested in working on a new IP. And we need a new "Dead Space" game (new IP, something like Dead Space). Time for Cory to step in :P

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I have been waiting for this thread with almost more anticipation than the game itself. Kojima a hack??? or a genius?????
I'm going with a 91. TAKE ME HOME KOJIMA

also, no way in hell it gets a positive review from Giant Bomb.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
27k views on this thread already 👀

It's only been an hour and 30 minutes 😭

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Some of you guys are really bloodthirsty for bans.

I'm thinking around 90-91. Sub-90 and everyone loses their minds.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team 84 here, the gameplay is the biggest decisive thing here and the lack of action might put off a lot of people

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
7/10 Japanese games. This gen has been such a resurgence.
makes you wonder why Sony embraced them and indies at the beginning of this gen but then around 2016 dropped them like illegitimate children.
Here's hoping they change their ways in this next gen. Don't be afraid of showing niche games!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its gonna get 89 Metacritic, 91 Open Critic. Book it.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is the thread you were born to create vestan. Magnificent job. Salute.
Seriously. Major props and looking forward to the sequel.
vestan is the number one ambassador of Death Stranding: he did more work marketing the game than Sony and Kojima himself.
Really hats off to him.
Fuck dudes, this is getting me really giddy haha. I had to do summin' special as this is *THE* thread after all ;)

Thanks you two 👍 👍

Sep 8, 2019
Really hoping for anywhere in the 90's, but I fear it may be too slow for many (hopefully not me).
Fingers crossed. Off to bed.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Can't stay awake for the initial madness but wanted to post before the gates let open. Been a wild ride with Kojima. Hope it delivers!