Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been curious about this for awhile now - was big into DRG at one point. Thanks for the heads up!

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty cool and yeah, pretty good price. I couldn't get into another auto-shooter after Vampire Survivor's unfortunately, but this one looks pretty neat.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Been waiting for this one. I enjoyed the demo, yet I tried DRG twice over the years and couldn't get into it (probably because I was playing solo, I can't invest in MP games or games which thrive with MP but can still be played SP).

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Is this the first reasonably big budget Survivors game?

I am surprised more companies haven't leap on the craze. Final Fantasy Survivors clone? Hell yeah.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
this is a really good game

lacking a bit in content, yeah. but it's got a really darn good challenge curve i think, which is typically absent from these types of games.

cyress8

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Pickled Nitra is easy mode for this game. You move slow but you damn near one shot everything once you get to around 60+ nitra. I've straight up deleted the last boss in seconds several times. The real boss is getting to the drop pod in time.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Unlocked all of the classes and I'm having a pretty good time with it. The presentation is a lot more engaging to me than some of the other Survivor-type games.

There are definitely some really strong builds that can delete enemies quickly, but there's a pretty nice challenge in working your way up to them and getting the permanent upgrades.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Beat the first biome, it's not bad, it has a certain charm to it. It's definitely more challenging than other games like it. I can't complain for $8.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit of this on my stream, it's quite fun! I can see where things need to be improved (there is only one boss AFAIK) and the enemy variety is pretty low, but aside from that it does have a very polished feel to it already. So I'm excited to see how it changes from here.

Also causing one of the exploder enemies to explode and then that causes a domino effect and the screen just becoming filled with explosions and EXP feels so gooooooooooooooood.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Managing turrets with engie is a lot of fun lol.

This is a cool game. I like how it has a bit more structure than your typical VS-like, with the "do one floor than hit the drop pod" breaking up the stages and supporting the mining aspect of the game. Early on it is definitely tough, with enemies regularly outmatching you while you work on upgrades.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is "get a weapon to level 12" mission to unlock overclocks, because it feels like doing a hampered run while you are getting it. I never like the feeling of "oh I wouldn't have been able to beat this anyways I just need to upgrade" in roguelikes.

The presentation is so great though, if you are a DRG fan you will be right at home, and it's surprising how many inspired mechanics from that game just… work here too. Finding minerals, the drop pod exit, swarms, bosses, it's great. Their roadmap looks pretty good too.

I'd love for them to figure out multiplayer, but I get that's kinda tough for these kinds of games. VS has the whole alternating upgrades that works pretty well. Then again the whole premise of the game is you are going it alone so they might just Keep it that way.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
I really like this game but I'm pretty sure it started life as a twin stick shooter and they jury-rigged it for this. The directional fire weapons just don't make sense for a game where you're always running away with no directional fire control. Biggest example being the minigun which basically doesn't work at all without overclocks because you're always moving the opposite direction that you need to fire.

Just seems like a big design fail even if there are ways to fix it via overclocks

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This game is great, my favorite class is Driller. So fun to blast through rocks while all the bugs behind you get to crawl through acid and flames, especially when you get the artifacts that give you free gold and nitra just for mining. Engineer seemed like the most powerful character overall though, once you upgrade the turrets to move and give them electricity they just melt everything.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is "get a weapon to level 12" mission to unlock overclocks, because it feels like doing a hampered run while you are getting it. I never like the feeling of "oh I wouldn't have been able to beat this anyways I just need to upgrade" in roguelikes.

Definitely agree with this, it's my only complaint really. Feels like forced padding to essentially make you do a weaker trial run with every gun before you really get to go nuts with it.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Auto shooters have so much potential. Production value on this looks really good.

Prat

Jan 9, 2018
Loving it on the Steam Deck! 100% recommended for people who enjoy Vampire Survivors.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Game hit 1,000,000 copies sold in Early Access:

store.steampowered.com

Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor - A MILLION thanks! - Steam News

Also, where is that next update, huh devs?

Also, new Biome coming this week:

3039c2923cb310bb4a8992ccc5b4f96a4d8eb5db.png

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Glad to see a new biome. I love the game, but I really look forward to what they continue to add, because it needs a lot more going for it. It starts to get just a little bit boring after a while, because the grind is too simple, if that makes sense.

Anistona

Jan 11, 2023
So can not wait for this to hit consoles once it's 1.0... looks like it will be a long wait though...

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They just put out a big update! The new rolling elite made me actually scream when it first did what it does. And the Dreadnought has a bunch of new attack that make that a much more interesting encounter than it was previously, since you have other things to watch out for besides just waiting for it to jump.

store.steampowered.com

Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor - Update 02 - Hoxxes Fights Back - Steam News

Hello Survivors, Welcome to the second content update for Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor. This update features several new enemies, new/revamped boss encounters, tons of new overclocks, and much more! If you want to play the update spoiler-free, you should just go ahead and close these update...

I've been liking this a lot, the upgrades feel fun to unlock and have a decent amount of strategy to them. And the mining makes there be a lot more intesteing pathing decisions then you get in a lot of games in this genre.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Played it way too much ^^ 100% achievements
Just briefly looked into the new update though

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Ah fuck there goes my chances of finishing off any more dreadnoughts then!

So far I've done the first 2 sets of challenges for each biome and love it with 31 hours so far!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it had more achievements than 22. It doesn't need as many as Soulstone Survivors (326, lol), but there's a happy medium. I think the mining makes this one a lot more interesting than the others, so I wouldn't mind having more to grind.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck there goes my chances of finishing off any more dreadnoughts then!

So far I've done the first 2 sets of challenges for each biome and love it with 31 hours so far!

I don't think you'll have an issue. The 1st biome is still easy enough, if you put enough points into upgrades. I have every upgrade on Level 7 and it's been a guaranteed win for me for quite some time now, even after this update.