• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah both make sense xD

Where's the interview o3o?
It was an interview with their first editor. He was asked what he thinks Kimetsu was inspired by, and said JoJo's (citing the breathing techniques and an immortal demon).

But back during their earlier works, Gotouge has said JoJo's is one of their favorite series.
03iyFYC.png

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah both make sense xD

Where's the interview o3o?
Yeah sure, it's an interview with the first editor of Kimetsu no Yaiba, Katayama

I can't read Japanese but someone TL'd some tidbits

1) Gotouge draws names fast, taking up to 1-2 days only to complete (compared to Oda 3-4 days and Sorachi 4-5 days)

2) Gotouge and the editor revised the things through phone and electronic fax

3) Inspiration for the work is Jojo (breathing styles and the undead/ghost)

4) Gotouge is a principled writer. When they don't want to change anything, they will persist in that, but when not related to principled issues, they will change things modestly. Then goes to follow about an example that Goutouge changed a thing after a suggestion (citing it is not easy to grab readers in the early days)

5) Gotouge planned to give up on the mangaka work in case Kimetsu wasn't serialized during 2015.

6) Tanjirou's design came up as a suggestion that his design as an ordinary guy should counter the more strange characters later on

7) Gotouge loves Gintama, and the comedy bits are inspired by it

8) Gotouge does not work for their enjoyment, but thinks about how to make the readers enjoy the manga

9) There is a rumor around that Kimetsu no Yaiba once didn't do well and was in a desperate situation, which was never true. In fact, the editor calls Kimetsu a "lottery win", which managed to get a Color Page for Chapter 7, suddenly decided out of nowhere because of the popularity.

10) Kimetsu has never paid attention to the Jump slogan "Friendship, Effort, Victory". The editor has never used this as a standard. The standard of the work was whether it can make the readers to find it interesting, and that was all.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the anime and started reading the manga today - on chapter 70, omg this series is so good. My work friends have been telling me for ages to watch the anime. I'm glad I finally did.

tenor.gif

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read a comment that was pretty good. It said that the dance of the fire god was taught to the Tanjiro family because Yoriichi knew they wouldn't be able to fight like him and so they were taught to dance until sunrise- because the sun would be the one to kill Muzan

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It was an interview with their first editor. He was asked what he thinks Kimetsu was inspired by, and said JoJo's (citing the breathing techniques and an immortal demon).

But back during their earlier works, Gotouge has said JoJo's is one of their favorite series.
03iyFYC.png
Yeah sure, it's an interview with the first editor of Kimetsu no Yaiba, Katayama

I can't read Japanese but someone TL'd some tidbits
That explains a lot of the fights @-@ thanks! I'll try to read the full version later

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Ch.193 full chapter is out~ read it and here is what happen

Starts with Muzen "complimenting" Tanjiro and the other pillar on making their blade red
Tanjro doing it without Nezuko helping, and hte other pillar by being near death
But stating that the difference between their blade and style is not even close to Yoroichi(That man)

Tanjiro meanwhile finally connected 6 style, seeing Muzen moving all his heart and brain around, not able to get close due to his attack
His lung feel like getting hit constantly, his limb feel like they will fall apart, and his heart feel like falling into pieces, but there is 1 hour until dawn
But he's focused on 1 second after another, trying to connect all to the morning

Muzen see's that Tanjiro is nearly at his limit, and think his blade will return to normal soon, and the accuracy of his style is going down
And that is only his level, because its not like for something like that(Yoroichi) to appear so easily

But then Muzen notice something odd, Tanjiro is slowing down, he's getting tired, but why can't Muzen kill him?
And he shouldn't have failed to kill Tanjiro twice, the reason must be Tamayo

So he bring back Tamayo's head and asked her what she did

She replied that she used the antidote to turn him back to human...and...
With a evil grin replied back, I'm not telling you. why don't you use your extra brain to figure it out?
He crushed her head again and read her memory
He saw in the past, Tamayo talking with Shinobu, who wanted to do a second effect, in case the first effect didn't work, the second effect will activate with stronger.
Using "This" that Tamayo has made, Shinobu made it age demon for 50 year for every 1 minute passing

Muzen then realize why he's having problem fighting Tanjiro or demon slayer of this level
Because the aging poison has been on for over 3 hour, and he's aged over 9000 year old already

He should have realized it, when his hair didn't turn back black and stayed white

Crow exclaim only 57 minute until dawn

While all this is going on, Tanjiro is continueing to use Solar style to tie it together
And finally tied all 12 together once, and will have to continue faster, stronger and more accurate until dawn.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Popularity vote in japan
dUGdbXo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Ch.193 full chapter is out~ read it and here is what happen

Starts with Muzen "complimenting" Tanjiro and the other pillar on making their blade red
Tanjro doing it without Nezuko helping, and hte other pillar by being near death
But stating that the difference between their blade and style is not even close to Yoroichi(That man)

Tanjiro meanwhile finally connected 6 style, seeing Muzen moving all his heart and brain around, not able to get close due to his attack
His lung feel like getting hit constantly, his limb feel like they will fall apart, and his heart feel like falling into pieces, but there is 1 hour until dawn
But he's focused on 1 second after another, trying to connect all to the morning

Muzen see's that Tanjiro is nearly at his limit, and think his blade will return to normal soon, and the accuracy of his style is going down
And that is only his level, because its not like for something like that(Yoroichi) to appear so easily

But then Muzen notice something odd, Tanjiro is slowing down, he's getting tired, but why can't Muzen kill him?
And he shouldn't have failed to kill Tanjiro twice, the reason must be Tamayo

So he bring back Tamayo's head and asked her what she did

She replied that she used the antidote to turn him back to human...and...
With a evil grin replied back, I'm not telling you. why don't you use your extra brain to figure it out?
He crushed her head again and read her memory
He saw in the past, Tamayo talking with Shinobu, who wanted to do a second effect, in case the first effect didn't work, the second effect will activate with stronger.
Using "This" that Tamayo has made, Shinobu made it age demon for 50 year for every 1 minute passing

Muzen then realize why he's having problem fighting Tanjiro or demon slayer of this level
Because the aging poison has been on for over 3 hour, and he's aged over 9000 year old already

He should have realized it, when his hair didn't turn back black and stayed white

Crow exclaim only 57 minute until dawn

While all this is going on, Tanjiro is continueing to use Solar style to tie it together
And finally tied all 12 together once, and will have to continue faster, stronger and more accurate until dawn.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Popularity vote in japan
dUGdbXo.jpg
TOKITO!!!!!!

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I read a comment that was pretty good. It said that the dance of the fire god was taught to the Tanjiro family because Yoriichi knew they wouldn't be able to fight like him and so they were taught to dance until sunrise- because the sun would be the one to kill Muzan

Interesting theory but chancing that a descendant would be fighting Muzan before dawn is like 1 in a million....Tanjiro is just that 1 chance.
If this fight started at sunset the Manga would be over already.

Plus its actually just that Tanjiros family are talented, Yoriichi taught the style to other breath users....they just couldnt capture it exactly so other breaths were formed.

Loggers have no reason to own swords, so after being mesmerized by Yoriichis sword play they just turned the motions into dances with no real intention of actually fighting.

He was never actually teaching them, just showing them the techniques.
Else we would have probably be had Breath of Logger by now a fighting style that relies on axes.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have a question(s).

MangaPlus has:
  • No paid subscription
  • Ads
  • Comment section
  • Same catalogue as Shounen Jump (?)
  • Simultaneous release
  • Gives you an app update of your favourite manga
  • Am I missing anything else?
If I want to access the whole shounen jump catalogue, I will need to use Shounen jump app to subscribe?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question(s).

MangaPlus has:
  • No paid subscription
  • Ads
  • Comment section
  • Simultaneous release
If I want to access the whole shounen jump catalogue, I will need to use Shounen jump app to subscribe?
IIrc if you're in the US you can use Viz's shonen jump app and for $2/month you can read up to 100 older chapters from their vault

If you're not in the us you're toast and gotta look for scans or pray the titles get released in ebook/physical editions

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I have a question(s).

MangaPlus has:
  • No paid subscription
  • Ads
  • Comment section
  • Simultaneous release
Both Manga Plus and Shonen Jump only have the latest three chapters free. Unfortunately, only SJ has the rest of the series available, which would be via their subscription service. The good part is that their subscription fee is incredibly cheap costing only 2 USD a month. That said, they still don't have the entirety of Kimetsu (there are a couple volumes' worth still unaccounted for, less than 5 or so, I believe) and some of the other series they carry since they started working on those later on and thus have to work towards filling up the old chapters.
IIrc if you're in the US you can use Viz's shonen jump app and for $2/month you can read up to 100 older chapters from their vault
That's 100 chapters a day, so a single sub will allow you to read up to a whopping 3000 chapters. This also isn't just for the US, it's pretty much available anywhere VIZ publishes at.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's 100 chapters a day, so a single sub will allow you to read up to a whopping 3000 chapters. This also isn't just for the US, it's pretty much available anywhere VIZ publishes at.
Oh
Fuck Brazil then, but nice to know, i was very excited for this app only to learn im not elligible, it sucks...

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
For ongoing series, I believe it has all that Viz SJ has but also stuff beyond that like some Jump+ series.

Yeah, M+ doesn't have old chapters for the SJ series.

If you're not in the us you're toast and gotta look for scans or pray the titles get released in ebook/physical editions
Both Manga Plus and Shonen Jump only have the latest three chapters free. Unfortunately, only SJ has the rest of the series available, which would be via their subscription service. The good part is that their subscription fee is incredibly cheap costing only 2 USD a month. That said, they still don't have the entirety of Kimetsu (there are a couple volumes' worth still unaccounted for, less than 5 or so, I believe) and some of the other series they carry since they started working on those later on and thus have to work towards filling up the old chapters.

Ah. So the two apps are basically same for free tiers. If I want an access to the whole catalogue, I would need to use the shounen jump and pay the subscription. I see. Thanks.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So how exactly will the upcoming movie work, seems like it will be difficult to condense the entire Infinity Train arc into a 90 minute movie... I have watched the anime and started to read the manga from the beginning but I am not sure how far I want to go. I might keep reading to the end instead of waiting for the movie + second season, especially since the 2nd season might not even happen if the series ends and they no longer have a manga to promote. Also, any announcements regarding the ending of the manga? I know the manga is in the final phase but I didn't want to spoil myself further. That might not mean much considering some manga spend 3-5 years in their final arc....

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
especially since the 2nd season might not even happen if the series ends and they no longer have a manga to promote.
This thing has ballooned to the point where that's definitely not a concern.
Also, any announcements regarding the ending of the manga?
Just the usual "final battle, super climax!"

The results for the popularity poll (which starts this upcoming issue) will be out in August, so some think it'll run until at least then (though not necessarily). I'd be very surprised if it went into 2021, but given the cash cow it's become, can't be sure anymore.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
So how exactly will the upcoming movie work, seems like it will be difficult to condense the entire Infinity Train arc into a 90 minute movie... I have watched the anime and started to read the manga from the beginning but I am not sure how far I want to go. I might keep reading to the end instead of waiting for the movie + second season, especially since the 2nd season might not even happen if the series ends and they no longer have a manga to promote. Also, any announcements regarding the ending of the manga? I know the manga is in the final phase but I didn't want to spoil myself further. That might not mean much considering some manga spend 3-5 years in their final arc....
Infinity Train arc is pretty short. Doesn't involve that many characters at all and the conflict gets resolved pretty quickly too. I think a 90 min ova is perfect.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity train arc is 15 chapters and they already covered over half of one chapter in season 1's finale so 14 chapters. Completely doable in movie form considering it's pretty much battles. The benefit of being solely a battle manga honestly

the real question is when can we see it

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

The Infinity Train arc is relatively simple in terms of story. It's a short lived mystery that leads into a series of escalating fights.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't realize it was so short, I thought it was 20+. If this was One Piece, 15 chapters would be a 4-5 hour movie, though....

Also, it's good to hear that the show is at such a popularity that a 2nd season is a given even without an on-going manga. I just hope it isn't a Naruto situation that the final stretch takes forever with nonsensical retcons just to prolong things.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize it was so short, I thought it was 20+. If this was One Piece, 15 chapters would be a 4-5 hour movie, though....

Also, it's good to hear that the show is at such a popularity that a 2nd season is a given even without an on-going manga. I just hope it isn't a Naruto situation that the final stretch takes forever with nonsensical retcons just to prolong things.
At this point a One Punch Man scenario would be the worst case.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
At this point a One Punch Man scenario would be the worst case.

Demon Slayer is a very different situation to OPM. When the OPM anime came out it covered pretty much everything the Murata manga had done up to that point. There was nothing else to adapt and wouldn't be for over a year, if not more. This was also before Murata and ONE really started stretching the Garou arc to insane lengths. So the big break in between seasons meant the original team moved on and they had to go somewhere else for season 2.

That and DS seems like a big passion project for UFOtable that also proved to be hugely popular.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer is a very different situation to OPM. When the OPM anime came out it covered pretty much everything the Murata manga had done up to that point. There was nothing else to adapt and wouldn't be for over a year, if not more. This was also before Murata and ONE really started stretching the Garou arc to insane lengths. So the big break in between seasons meant the original team moved on and they had to go somewhere else for season 2.

That and DS seems like a big passion project for UFOtable that also proved to be hugely popular.
Ah thats great to hear. I didn't know the full story behind the OPM studio shift so it's nice to know KnY is unlikely to suffer a similar fate.