• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair to say that it's not typical shonen, but it's definitely a shonen battle manga. Just much better executed than most, in areas that even other really good battle mangas don't really address well, or at all.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish the author did more with the backstories instead of resting on flashbacks for pretty much everyone. That and the awkward pacing are what really hold this manga back imo.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree if they were the only ones to die, but that isn't the case, so I don't see the issue, especially with this being the final arc anyhow.

That said, touch a hair on Kanao's head and I'm dropping this manga :P

How dense is she that can't even tell by now lol
bro she clearly knows. She just s pretends to not Know so she doesn't have say no.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The common trope would be her realizing it as he dies and lamenting over it.
What if he asks her out while dying, and she's just like
giphy.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
bro she clearly knows. She just s pretends to not Know so she doesn't have say no.
She's constantly going on about wanting to meet someone who would accept her for who she is. Her saying no to him kinda goes against everything we know about her since they seem to get along. We've seen nothing to show that she might actually hate him or not like him.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Iguro ain't say anything yet because he knows she's waiting for someone stronger than her and he doesn't think he is.

At least, that's how I see it playing out.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd agree if they were the only ones to die, but that isn't the case, so I don't see the issue, especially with this being the final arc anyhow.
Wow was this confirmed to be the final arc? Don't know how i forgot that one. No way this doesn't get a sequel or prequel of some kind tho. It's way too popular. The manga flies off shelves in Japan.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Yamero!
Props to the author not holding back.
Everyone gonna die and my eyes gonna learn water breathe style. 😭

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up this manga and me and the GF binge read the next arc immediately lol

FUCKING HELL I was thinking that the train stuff was good but a bit of a step back from Rui and the spiders until the fucking OTHER demon rocks up and shit turns up to 11! Rengoku and this dude go absolutely HAM on eachother with some crazy moves

The boys really show their determination and shit gets real as Rengoku makes a statement with his death that highkey shook me a bit. It put the FEAR in me y'all

Then we see Tanjirou try to learn more about the fire dance stuff and gets stonewalled by Rengoku Sr. Who clearly got issues.

Then Uzui flamboyantly shows up and we get a re-run of that one FF7 mission lol hyped to see how this goes but I fear for Uzui

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I picked up this manga and me and the GF binge read the next arc immediately lol

FUCKING HELL I was thinking that the train stuff was good but a bit of a step back from Rui and the spiders until the fucking OTHER demon rocks up and shit turns up to 11! Rengoku and this dude go absolutely HAM on eachother with some crazy moves

The boys really show their determination and shit gets real as Rengoku makes a statement with his death that highkey shook me a bit. It put the FEAR in me y'all

Then we see Tanjirou try to learn more about the fire dance stuff and gets stonewalled by Rengoku Sr. Who clearly got issues.

Then Uzui flamboyantly shows up and we get a re-run of that one FF7 mission lol hyped to see how this goes but I fear for Uzui

The gang is now all here!

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit. I've covered half the thread...

the gifs were worth it 😏