Siobhan

Oct 28, 2017
KOdaAGk_d.jpg

NO MORE
o7

Oct 27, 2017
Wow is just realized that the character creator background isn't pitch black. Doesn't bluepoint realize that the blackness represented being born into a world of cold bleak isolation? I swear they continue to not understand the true vision of Demon's Souls. /s
Yeah. I heard Miyazaki objected, but Gavin Moore pinned him down and gave him a pink belly until he relented. Bluepoint Games is the true monster factory.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
How can they keep insulting From Software and Miyazaki with this cartoonish and generic Character Creator.

/s

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
They 100% are. The whole series has this weird otherworldliness to it that Bluepoint is stripping out of the game. The enemy and environment designs have been butchered in the same way. They're taking all this stuff that's supposed to be weird and alien and wrong, and making it literal and realistic.
I mean even in this Thread there are some pictures of good looking Characters, the problem with Souls is that it doesn't give you tools to make anything that looks that way. And if you wanted to make a black Character you were basically fucked.
The CC also got progessively better in the Games in Bloodborne and DS3 i for example even have good looking Characters (which is basically impossible in DS1). You can make wrong looking ones but that isn't supposed to be your only choice because of the themes of the Games.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Awesome. Now please tell me there is an option to hide the helmet!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A From game with a good CaC? How will the purists cope? Surely this doesn't fit with Miyazaki-san's vision.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they kept Johnny Depp as the default character this is so cool

old default :
unknown.png

new default :

dc8cd72c2b97bc9fef1d3aab928bc1b5.png

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I can't say enough how great it is to see a character creator with hair options for black people. I've been play FFXIV half the year and seeing every additional hair option being another variation of straight, feathered hair is just frustrating.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
FWIW, in BB I was able to create 3 good looking characters:

1. Trying to imitate Vampire Hunter D-

a0F9yjy.jpg

2. Trying to imitate Vergil (From DMC 3)

VQpoxQJ.jpg

3. Trying to imitate Sonequa Martin-Green (the character with which I finally played BB for the longest time until reaching Nightmare Frontier):

CY61jcY.jpg

n7Nl4qv.png

0RnmlML.png

Unfortunately the character creator never had sufficiently nuanced options to get the characte appearances just right....

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
FROM better be taking notes here. Wow!

Max was right. It would be hilarious if they end up implementing changes by Bluepoint on Elden Ring or future games.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
This will probably be the only time I'd use randomize. Wow!!

Or maybe make a character that looks like me? Or maybe a cosplay character?

!!!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
d1bce4252cb7d14647fab91c2f51e202.jpg

a212b223cc1c89e4d4c599c944afe117.jpg

I have mastered the shitty character creators I am ready.

When are you ever going to see your character's face, let alone their teeth.

I'm happy they're going above and beyond for something most people will never see.

Lmao look at that fool not playing without a helmet to show dominance

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

I'm happy they're going above and beyond for something most people will never see.

When you play Souls games without a helmet as a lot of people (myself included) will do. I only wear helmets on characters who I feel it fits them on.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

Photomode or anytime they make the character emote in-game. All the grunting and yelling sounds they added I assume having a bit of mouth movement now.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
OMG they fucked up the character creation too, where is the atmosphere from the original? But seriously, looks incredible, way better than I expected.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
And if you wanted to make a black Character you were basically fucked.
I've been plenty vocal about the lack of Black characters and character creators that include us. But Bluepoint isn't doing this for Black people. They're treating the character creator the same as they're treating the enemies and environments- they're making it more realistic, more literal. And it's not supposed to be.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I really have no business getting this game, since I'm not big on the souls formula but damn that looks good.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The characters actually look good. Crazy!

But I also see a lot of sliders there, so it should hopefully be possible to create some abominations again. :D

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Aesthetically this character creator is obviously a huge upgrade over the hideous things From makes but I'm surprised the characters aren't more detailed or have higher quality textures.

50567653452_268f0d4611_o.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to make a good looking character in a souls game.

Alway go for the blue skin/huge nose/extremely thin limbs/whatever funny look I can find. Oh and a silly name too.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm so not used to good-looking character models in a Souls game. It's almost uncomfortable.

I love it though.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
That character creation screen looks generic.
I am somewhat serious with this statement.

If you showed me those screens out of context, I would probably think something like Baldur's Gate 3, or maybe some super modern Korean MMO.