• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

4 new screens in 4k for Demon's Souls Remake with the Armored Spider OB, Latria, Nexus and the Shrine of Storms.

And the box art, not really new.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This game looks stunning. One of the few next-gen games that actually look next-gen to me. Bluepoint weren't kidding when they said they wanted to set the benchmark last year.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Looks fantastic. Definitely seems like a worthwhile launch title.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-2020-01-25-at-9.55.18-PM.png

Bluepoint on point.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
im not gonna lie, the cover isnt doing it for me. I might get shamed, but it looks like some Medievil PS1 cover for me.

Nov 16, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Just stunning how good this looks. And after hearing no PC version, that seemingly confirms that this is going to be running at 4k60 on the PS5. If true, then these new consoles are going to be pretty beastly.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
This and Ratchet and Clank are the reason te get a PS5 imo. It looks INSANE.

I wonder why BP is not a WWS by now. Maybe they don't want to? maybe Sony's waiting for DS' reception?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Who'd have thought that the one game I didn't expect to be there at launch would be the reason I'd get a PS5 at launch...

T.Slothrop

Jan 21, 2018
It looks much better than what they showed at the initial ps5 reveal. It's not nearly as bright for one.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm going to be devil's advocate: so who cares if some games will be cross-gen; after all, it only last one year at most.

If a remake like Demon's Souls looks so good on PS5 being a launch game, just imagine the games when they start making next-gen exclusive games. We'll just have to wait a little longer.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The cover looks like edgy mid-2000 Medievil to me. Other than that, I was impressed by how next gen this game looks like.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Tower of Latria is going to give me the shivers again. Fucking squid assholes.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks absolutely stunning, except for the animations. They are atrocious.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks at BP have to be proud with basically handling one of the defining tent-pole next gen projects, and of course From Software for making it happen.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
The game looks great. One of very few games shown so far which look next-gen.

I really think Sony should scoop them up, they are a talented bunch and would fit their family of studios well. Give them a good amount of money to build their own IP or work on some of the dormant IPs which Sony own.

More screens + pre-order bonus weapon

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Details about the pre-order bonus:
The Reaper Scythe weapon - Once wielded by sorcerers who commanded the spirits of the dead. A pole weapon with a curved blade on one end that is so sharp that they say it can sever your soul from your body. The Reaper Scythe can mow down many targets in a single blow but is difficult to handle and requires both strength and dexterity to use.
Weird. Wonder if it has the war scythe moveset, or a new weapon entirely.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The chosen art isn't the best, but here's the good news.

It seems like Sony is bothering to put logo art on the spine this generation, instead of plain text.

EiE2NkpWAAI-5Uz

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Still don't like the box art, should have gone with an update on the original. But whatever, game looks stunning.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
This and Ratchet and Clank are the reason te get a PS5 imo. It looks INSANE.

I wonder why BP is not a WWS by now. Maybe they don't want to? maybe Sony's waiting for DS' reception?

Oh, unless a meteorite hits -you never know with how things have unfolded so far-, the game will sell really, really well. The Souls series is a beloved "franchise" now. I expect and hope that Sony will convince them of rallying the Playstation Studios camp, because they are freaking talented.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
I guess there won't be a collector's edition. :( I regret not getting the Deluxe Edition back in the day.