BeI

Dec 9, 2017
$300 million that could have went to Covid relief efforts to actually help the problem , but went to ads to further pretend there isn't a problem at all?

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
he did something awhile back which I'm kinda drawing a blank on that makes this unsurprising.

He's been in some good things as well (breaking away, the right stuff, innerspace, the rookie, far from heaven, etc...)

oh well on that front.

but a bit fucked where this money is coming from. ghouls.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Randy it's your time to take the spotlight that was stolen from you.
tenor.gif

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what Quaid does, the story here is the government is spending $300MM on trumps re-election campaign

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
didn't he like go crazy or something..?

just yesterday my dad was watching Independence Day and i told him btw did you know this Quaid dude went totally nuts, heh. i gotta be right on some level at least if he's a damn Trumper idiot..

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In case there was any doubt:

@JackQuaid92

Hey it's 11:24pm on a Saturday and I just thought this would be a good time to say: Fuck Donald Trump.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
300 million of taxpayer money for a campaign advert.

Imagine if they spent that money on public safety, vaccine research, or just to support the small businesses that have had to close during the pandemic.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
300 million in ads instead of stimulus for those that need it or back into healthcare? Ok seems sensible

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
"I think Trump, no matter what anybody thinks of him, is doing a good job at trying to get these states — and all of the American people — what they need," the actor said in April 2020, "and also trying to hold our economy together and be prepared for when this is all over.

www.thedailybeast.com

Dennis Quaid Believes Trump Is ‘Doing a Good Job’ Handling Coronavirus

In a wide-ranging talk, the renowned actor opens up to Marlow Stern about the pandemic, his new podcast “The Dennissance,” and the cocaine frenzy that was 1980s Hollywood.

That's a shame, man - I've always found him to be a charming actor. This seems to be a natural fit for actors who've fallen into or always existed in sad obscurity - Antonio Sabato Jr., Scott Baio, Kirstie Alley etc...

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
If Jack is being true then I sympathize with him.

I also have a hardcore Trumpster for a father.
It's a sad thing to have to relate to but I do too. At least it gives me optimism seeing younger generation not support their parents gaslighting BS. Though there's a lot of messed up young people too I'm still optimistic for the future.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's worth reading his response to this. Doesn't sound like it was intended as a Trump endorsement at all.

Hello everyone, Dennis Quaid here. I have to say that right now I am feeling some outrage and a lot of disappointment about a PSA and interview that I did with Dr. Anthony Fauci a few weeks ago. It is being used by the cancel culture media that I was doing a campaign ad and endorsement of Donald Trump and that I was paid handsomely for this by diverted CDC funds. Nothing could be further from the truth. What I was doing, I did a PSA for Dr. Anthony Fauci and he was kind enough to grant me an interview as well, and the interview and the PSA were about raising awareness of COVID-19 and what we can still do to prevent lives being lost to this terrible, terrible virus. It was about the importance of wearing a mask and social distanicing and it was in no way political. In fact, Dr. Anthony Fauci and I both talked about it before that it was not to be political, as the virus is not political. I was not paid one penny for doing this interview and nether was Dr. Anthony Fauci. I am really disappointed that some people who call themselves legitimate reporters don't do their homework. If you would like to listen to my entire conversation with Dr. Anthony Fauci you can, it's on my podcast the Dennaissance Podcast on Audio Up. Whoever wrote this story obviously didn't listen to the interview. Anyway, thank you for your time. Everybody out there stay safe, and wear a mask. God bless.
deadline.com

Dennis Quaid Responds With “Outrage” & “Disappointment” To COVID Campaign Report: “No Good Deed Goes Unpoliticized” – Update

Dennis Quaid and Cece Winans will be among the celebrities appearing in a $300 million White House ad campaign touting the Trump Administration's response to COVID-19.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's worth reading his response to this. Doesn't sound like it was intended as a Trump endorsement at all.

deadline.com

Dennis Quaid Responds With “Outrage” & “Disappointment” To COVID Campaign Report: “No Good Deed Goes Unpoliticized” – Update

Dennis Quaid and Cece Winans will be among the celebrities appearing in a $300 million White House ad campaign touting the Trump Administration's response to COVID-19.

Ready above. Guy is a trump stooge

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I spent the first half of reading this thread seeing Randy instead of Dennis. I knew Randy was a piece of crap; clearly it's both of them then.

This is an old problem that occurs around the world: disguising pure political campaigning as a legitmate public information campaign so they can use public money.

This appears to be a particularly egregious abuse, which is typical of Trump and the Republicans. $300 million a month before an election and informing the public about nothing more than that Covid is nothing to worry about; you know, the thing Trump spectacularly fucked up and that has made him unpopular.

I say, throw it onto the pile of things to prosecute the living hell out of when the time comes. But there's no real political will to do anything about these abuses, or anything else in the US, it seems, so I expect nothing.

Oh, and good news about Caputo, at least.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Everyone go support Jack by watching Plus One on Hulu. As a bonus, you also get to watch the lovely and talented Maya Erskine.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As others have said, the actual story is the gross corruption from Trump's admin here, not some faded actor.

However, that response by Quaid is utter bullshit. This is a political ad campaign to promote Trump by stealing $300 million in public funds, which is an insanely high figure for any advertising campaign ever, and Quaid is actively letting himself be used in it and thus openly supporting Trump. He cannot pretend otherwise.

Now he claims it's not political? And a good deed? Fuck off. It's political as hell to the point of being a crime, and it's a grossly unethical deed. And as a bonus, he shits out the "cancel culture media" bullshit.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
According to this Politico article, the HHS ad campaign has become a dumpster fire.

The health department's $300 million-plus, taxpayer-funded vehicle to boost confidence in President Donald Trump's response to the pandemic is sputtering. Celebrities are refusing to participate, and staff are arraying against it. Some complain of the unstated aim of helping Trump's re-election. Others point to an ill-prepared video team and a 22-year-old political appointee who has repeatedly asserted control despite having no public health expertise, according to six people with close knowledge of the campaign and documents related to its operations.

"This is a boondoggle," said an HHS official who requested anonymity to discuss a sensitive department project. "We're in the middle of a pandemic … we could use that quarter of a billion dollars on buying PPE [personal protective equipment], not promoting PSAs with C-list celebrities."

Just three celebrities have recorded public service advertisements so far — Quaid, Winans and Lemmer — with Quaid and other potential participants reconsidering their involvement or dropping out altogether after a POLITICO report on Friday on the unusual roots of the campaign. A hoped-for recording with TV host Dr. Mehmet Oz also collapsed late last week, and representatives for other celebrities told POLITICO on Monday that they have little to no interest in joining the effort amid the scrutiny.

www.politico.com

HHS ad blitz sputters as celebrities back away

The $300 million, taxpayer-funded campaign to tout the administration’s response to Covid-19 falls behind schedule amid widespread criticism.