Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Before shadowkeep came out, i saw some worries of how Bungie was going to make it extra grindy so people would spend money at the end of a season to purchase ranks...

season-of-the-undying-seasonal-rewards-destiny-2.jpg

Its about to be 3 weeks since Shadowkeep released and Im about to hit rank 100 (I'm around 92). There are people who hit rank 100 the first week (But those are hardcore players).

One of the best things is XP is always 100,000 to level from 1-100. It doesn't go up over time.

I love that I am able to gain xp doing any activity that I enjoy playing. A majority of my ranks came from just chillin with friends playing PVP...whereas most other games make you do special challenges. Bounties in destiny go with the activity you want to do and give you TONS of xp towards your ranks. I enjoy this new system personally and I feel rewarded by the time I log off.

TLDR; battle pass is a good addition, comes free with season, isnt grindy, has decent rewards for free players and is the best implementation I've seen yet (and ive played tons of other games with passes). Hopefully it stays this way for future seasons.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I agree entirely. One of the best parts is the XP needed doesnt ramp up every tier or so, its always the same amount. And in a good play session with my friends, i can usually gain about 3 Ranks in one night.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I agree entirely. One of the best parts is the XP needed doesnt ramp up every tier or so, its always the same amount. And in a good play session with my friends, i can usually gain about 3 Ranks in one night.

Yes, I like how consistent it is for every rank up. Nothing feels longer than it was previously and it comes in at a good pace

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think the addition of a battle pass-style rewards system is nice and adds to the game in a positive way. That being said most of the rewards aren't very useful and I wish they offered much more exclusive cosmetics and didn't repeatedly reward the Season of Undying armor set throughout the entire reward tree. That armor set is not exclusive to this rewards system so that's a complaint as well. This should be rewarding more exclusive stuff.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Eh it's a bit grindy, especially if you aren't actively stacking bounties
I mean, battle passes will always be grindy, it's kind of the point of them. But this one is more balanced than most. If you're a player who cares enough to have this stuff, you can probably put in enough time to unlock it without feeling like you're working overtime. And if you don't want to put in that kind of time, you probably aren't the type of player who cares that much.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've dabbled with a few - it's the least worst one in terms of grind and stuff. To offset that a bit - a lot of other battle passes are cosmetic only so you don't *need* them. The Destiny one does have actually useful items in it...albeit mainly stuff you can get in other ways.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Mario Kart Tour has the best battle pass. Cheap. Easy to acquire the rewards. No cosmetic fillers. It doesn't push any sort of grind on the player. Even as a sort of casual you obtain everything just from playing naturally as all you need are the Grand Stars to complete it.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
I don't know other battle pass... This leveling system gives fewer things than before free to play leveling system.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I've put about 20 hours into the game since New Light came out and I think I'm on battle pass level 5. I think my problem is that I've been mostly playing through the campaigns and not doing high end activities or lots of bounties.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the pass went up to 200 or even 150. They underestimated the hardcore players.
That being said, yes it's good shit. The fact that each level doesn't require more experience than the previous level is great. You can actually make meaningful progress.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
haha. awesome man. As long as you're having fun, who cares? What platform? If you're on steam, add me. same name as on here.

i think is a point of favor of destiny, you dont need to know about everything to have some fun, because even like that i had fun on the raids, i had fun on campaing, i had fun on the crisol (thats the name in spanish no idea on english) and i didnt feel like i was behind just because i dont understand all the systems YET.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've put about 20 hours into the game since New Light came out and I think I'm on battle pass level 5. I think my problem is that I've been mostly playing through the campaigns and not doing high end activities or lots of bounties.
Pick up all the bounties you think you can do while you're playing. It's how you're mainly going to level.

Oct 30, 2017
My daily ritual is grabbing Vanguard, Gunsmith, and Vex Offensive bounties and then running strikes, NFs, and VO to knock each one out.

I just unlocked the Menagerie last night for my Warlock so now I have those bounties to add on top of everything.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually, Red Dead Redemption 2 Online is the best in my experience.
It will take about 7-10 days of reasonable play to rank it up. About 2x as fast as Destiny. I think that will change with the next one though.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I think the addition of a battle pass-style rewards system is nice and adds to the game in a positive way. That being said most of the rewards aren't very useful and I wish they offered much more exclusive cosmetics and didn't repeatedly reward the Season of Undying armor set throughout the entire reward tree. That armor set is not exclusive to this rewards system so that's a complaint as well. This should be rewarding more exclusive stuff.
Agreed. Great implementation but very subpar rewards. There's only one thing really worth getting and it's the ornaments which you get in the later half.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
It's definitely better than the battle passes in other games I play, but I still wish it didn't have one. I do like that levels are exactly 100K XP apart, which means it doesn't get grind-ier towards the end.

I'm around level 50 (and I barely played this third week). I see no problem in hitting 100 within the next 50 days.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The rewards are pretty dry as a "hardcore player" - raid banners, legendary shards, bright dust (a meager 100?) - old seasonal eververse items (that i already have) - glimmer, etc. all useless to me. I think they should sprinkle some more "current season" Eververse in there.

I have no issue with its current implementation. As long as you play the game, pick up bounties for whatever activity you want to do, you'll level up pretty quick.
You also get 5 level "boost" every reset so just by playing activities and doing your weekly drops you're guaranteed at least 5 a week with ease.

You still get things post 100.

You get an Eververse engram every 5 levels. Also useless to a "hardcore player" like me.

May 25, 2019
London
I haven't even been playing that much and I'm at level 31. Bounties give you tons of progreses, it's great.

Meanwhile I can't be bothered to look at the challenges for Apex

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Yeah but they've got the worst network implementation so it makes the game impossible to play.

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for the exotic engrams to be claimed as 950 was the best part. I only got dupes but some were insane stat rolls compared to the 47/48 stat exotics drawn from the collection.

I don't like the perks for the seasonal exclusive auto rifle and machine gun to drop in other activities. They are way too late into the pass so they are practically useless to me.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I completed the Rocket League season 3 pass and I've got to say, it's more generous and less grindy than Destiny's. Think I completed it in 20-25 total playtime over a month and some change? Weekly bonuses and a double XP weekend made that thing feel fair while giving you basic progression for just playing. That and for 99% I got to play the way I wanted to play (I usually just stick to the rumble mode) and progressed with ease.
I appreciate how Destiny gives you experience for everything, but I've put 30+ hours into it and I'm in the mid 30s? While if I look at it long term I'm sure I could get it done, but I'm quickly running up on the point of the Destiny pitfall of running out of new content to do and I can tell you I'm going to drop off repeating strikes real quick.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You only need one! Anti barrier rounds make everything easy. Every time one of those bastards tries to shield itself or has a rotating shield doesn't matter ammo tears right though:)

oh shit, these fuckers are annoying as shit, gonna look into that hahaha

i still dont understand completely, some weapons can be modded an others dont, so idk what to do.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The best part about it is that you can claim the armor on other 2 characters for free once you unlock them with your main.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Im in 21-30 dont remember where... Yall r crazy... Hitting 100 so soon

So how much time do i have to get to 100 btw?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
The game is such shit at telling folks what they can do. Plus the UI is so inefficient
Yeah new player experience is beyond garbage. Not telling them what to do, not mentioning new mod systems. the in game help tips are for the stupidest things in the game like the map and pursuits tab but not for Armor 2.0 or anything like that.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
already explained it to someone else in this thread, but after the swap to steam the games connection has become beyond spotty as fuck, doesn't help that this is the only P2P FPS out there now.

Also no other ISPs in the area.
If u getting random disconnections then apart from port forwarding(im assuming uve done it) u can try to-

put the ports in QOS highest tier in your router settings and

changing your upload speed limit.

I had been getting disconnected A LOT as well(after every hour or so of playing each time) and i had open nat. So i was browsing my router settings and found this and tried by inputting the same ports i used in port forwarding in qos highest tier list and i changed my upload speed limit which was set at 512kbps as default to my actual upload speed. This has fixed it for me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah new player experience is beyond garbage. Not telling them what to do, not mentioning new mod systems. the in game help tips are for the stupidest things in the game like the map and pursuits tab but not for Armor 2.0 or anything like that.
I wonder how many players are kneecapped and don't even know it