• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Man...After the raid last night, I realize how badly I need a good heavy weapon. Still only 285 light. I have no idea how everyone else is hitting 300 in 2 weeks. Lucky RNG I suspect.

Any tips on how I can get an upgrade to my heavy outside of the raid? My current best is a 290 sword (which is great, but not very useful for things like bathers or whatever), followed by a 280 Fusion Rifle. Everything else I have is pretty much trash.

E: Also, we managed to finish the raid last night. Had a few rough attempts at the Pools Challenge mode before going to regular. It was mostly my fault since my heavy weapon was unable to keep up with solo'ing a bather. Dogs went great (but that's thanks to a few great RE members as I just followed and did what I was told...Confusing encounter). Gauntlet was fine - a few misses as we worked out the kinks. Calus wasn't that bad to be honest...I mean, I think the Shadow Realm people have it easier than the people outside. Being in Shadow meant I just needed to pick those Psions off and whatever...I don't think I would have had the DPS outside the realm.

I'm excited to run it again next week for more loot and more fun. I suspect that the experience goes a lot faster on each successive attempt, too.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Man...After the raid last night, I realize how badly I need a good heavy weapon. Still only 285 light. I have no idea how everyone else is hitting 300 in 2 weeks. Lucky RNG I suspect.

Any tips on how I can get an upgrade to my heavy outside of the raid? My current best is a 290 sword (which is great, but not very useful for things like bathers or whatever), followed by a 280 Fusion Rifle. Everything else I have is pretty much trash.
you just have to farm publics for exotic infusions im 303 because of this, or just waiting for resets

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
So heroic events will eventually drop me a usable exotic?
yes that is literally the best way to farm exotics in the game, farming heroic public events with medallions up, then you can infuse whatever you get or keep it, needing a heavy is specific so it will take you a long time most likely outside of weekly resets of your milestones and raid, you can also level other characters for raid lockouts

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Alright great. I spent all 70k glimmer this morning trying to get a kinetic mod, so I'll just farm glimmer + heroic events this weekend.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA

E: Also, we managed to finish the raid last night. Had a few rough attempts at the Pools Challenge mode before going to regular. It was mostly my fault since my heavy weapon was unable to keep up with solo'ing a bather. Dogs went great (but that's thanks to a few great RE members as I just followed and did what I was told...Confusing encounter). Gauntlet was fine - a few misses as we worked out the kinks. Calus wasn't that bad to be honest...I mean, I think the Shadow Realm people have it easier than the people outside. Being in Shadow meant I just needed to pick those Psions off and whatever...I don't think I would have had the DPS outside the realm.

I'm excited to run it again next week for more loot and more fun. I suspect that the experience goes a lot faster on each successive attempt, too.
For Bathers you probably want either the exotic fusion Merciless or the legendary Hawthorne's shotgun (which can drop from pretty much anywhere - grind gunsmith engrams and planetary tokens). I think some people use a rocket for it too, either the exotic Wardcliff or legendary like Curtain Call (drops from strikes).

Not sure what class you are but if you're a Titan you can run Striker and double pulse nades plus a sidearm will let you take the bather down without heavy.

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Almost finished the raid last night, but I got Ghost Primus and Actium War Rig in the process. Great gun with amazing synergy with War Rig. Still only 278, so close to 280!

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I ... love this game? Or I kinda hate-love it.

I was a long-term Halo fan until this generation, when Microsoft kinda shat the bed for me, so I went back to my one true love: the personal computer. But this game (on PC) is scratching most of my co-op and multiplayer Halo itch with an extra layer of loot grind that I don't entirely resent. It's pretty cool.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
For Bathers you probably want either the exotic fusion Merciless or the legendary Hawthorne's shotgun (which can drop from pretty much anywhere - grind gunsmith engrams and planetary tokens). I think some people use a rocket for it too, either the exotic Wardcliff or legendary like Curtain Call (drops from strikes).

Not sure what class you are but if you're a Titan you can run Striker and double pulse nades plus a sidearm will let you take the bather down without heavy.

I'm going to be strike farming this weekend. Tokens + hope for a decent drop. Will this (plus heroic events) drop 280+ gear now that I'm 285 or so?

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm going to be strike farming this weekend. Tokens + hope for a decent drop. Will this (plus heroic events) drop 280+ gear now that I'm 285 or so?
Not sure, it will probably drop somewhere between 270 and 280 depending on how much of your 285 is from mods (which don't boost drops).

If you get a good weapon just hang on to it and infuse it later. For most of the raid 270 is the recommended light level anyway so if it drops at 270 or above it will do full damage to bathers anyway.

Ruze789

Oct 25, 2017

That's a good place to go for a good heavy. Curtain Call (Rocket Launcher) and Main Ingredient (Fusion Rifle) both drop from Zavala packages and are pretty excellent weapons.

ribbit

Oct 25, 2017
I ... love this game? Or I kinda hate-love it.

I was a long-term Halo fan until this generation, when Microsoft kinda shat the bed for me, so I went back to my one true love: the personal computer. But this game (on PC) is scratching most of my co-op and multiplayer Halo itch with an extra layer of loot grind that I don't entirely resent. It's pretty cool.

Agreed! It's scratching my Halo itch so well - pure Bungie through and through. I just don't click with the grind... yet.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I had gotten better devils and curtain call on PS4 but can't remember how. Are they from specific token turn ins or just any legendary engram can have them? I want to try to earn them again but figure I should check to make sure They aren't a specific reward.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
SotP has a much bigger damage radius for the initial rocket.
Curtain Call has faster RoF and reload speed.

SotP has the edge against mobs and Curtain Call has the edge against single targets if you land your shots. Both good.

kreepmode

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
For the first time in a couple weeks Xur has some exotics I don't have, Mask of the Quiet One and Young Ahamkara's Spine. Just down to one exotic missing on each class now. Celestial Nighthawk next Xur visit, please!!!!!

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
I had gotten better devils and curtain call on PS4 but can't remember how. Are they from specific token turn ins or just any legendary engram can have them? I want to try to earn them again but figure I should check to make sure They aren't a specific reward.

Better devils from the crucible and curtain call from strikes.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
I personally want flawless to be 10 wins.

If they did that, mercy boon would have to be brought back. Its already dumb that they took it out even at 7 wins. I have already had a card when i was helping someone that never went flawless, and on final boss the person (Silvard) got booted the instant we matched a team (he got a "fire team returned to orbit" msg for some reason). Like, literally before we were even flying in to the match he got booted and got a loss on his card. We even won the 3v4 match but the game just gave Silvard a middle finger. That is unbelievably frustrating. Because for some reason the jump from D1 to D2 still wasn't enough for Bungie to implement a system that would allow someone that was previously in that trials match to join back. This+ 2 hour survival cards= an incredible disrespect for the players' time. It is bullshit. We did another card with Silvard and got him flawless anyway but that was another 2 hours because the game just told him to fuck off apparently.

I would have liked trials to have been 9 wins BUT with mercy instead of the current system. Or like you said, even 10 wins.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, it will probably drop somewhere between 270 and 280 depending on how much of your 285 is from mods (which don't boost drops).

If you get a good weapon just hang on to it and infuse it later. For most of the raid 270 is the recommended light level anyway so if it drops at 270 or above it will do full damage to bathers anyway.

Thanks. I think if I can solo a bather without having to worry, I'll be fine. It was really only those enemies that gave me any major trouble. My sword made the yellows on the gauntlet easy. I think dogs will be easier with a good heavy, but my sword would still do OK I imagine.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
Trials was always basically 7 wins in D1. They just streamlined it.

Yes but took out the only boon that mattered which is Mercy, since like i said above if you get booted or match a pro streamer playing with his 3 (at the time 2)pro streamer players that is the card gone by default. Mercy was there for that. Now it just sucks when that happens.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Trials was always basically 7 wins in D1. They just streamlined it.

Without mercy, it's more stressful. Countdown and Survival matches take far longer than Elimination ever did. In D1, you could run a flawless card in 45 minutes. I don't think I've had any of mine in under a hour in D2.

We'll see if yesterday's patch will make a noticeable difference in time.

I personally want flawless to be 10 wins.

10 wins without mercy or any protection against disconnections and getting DDOS'd? No thanks. Yeah, have fun playing for two hours on a single card, assuming you don't lose and have to reset.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, just FYI for those of you looking for a good raid power weapon - I had really good success with the Wicked Sister grenade launcher last night. It reloads itself when you're not using it, which ends up being incredibly useful for some of the more intense encounters.

rasengan1337

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, just FYI for those of you looking for a good raid power weapon - I had really good success with the Wicked Sister grenade launcher last night. It reloads itself when you're not using it, which ends up being incredibly useful for some of the more intense encounters.
but... grenade launcher. :feelsbadman:
:)

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Alright!

So I've basically received every piece of loot I've wanted on the PC now (maybe missing like 1 or two), but the big ticket weapons/armor are here and I feel like I can finally let go of my PS4 hunter.

I had a question about the Orpheus Rigs though. It seems they work better with the top Nightstalker tree, would I be correct to assume this? I find that firing one tether and then getting a group of enemies it in will fully recharge my super. If I use the bottom Nightstalker tree with the Orpheus Rigs, I need to fire through the multiple tethers before I can begin recharging the super.... and by then all the enemies are dead and I don't get to recharge my super.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated :)

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Alright!

So I've basically received every piece of loot I've wanted on the PC now (maybe missing like 1 or two), but the big ticket weapons/armor are here and I feel like I can finally let go of my PS4 hunter.

I had a question about the Orpheus Rigs though. It seems they work better with the top Nightstalker tree, would I be correct to assume this? I find that firing one tether and then getting a group of enemies it in will fully recharge my super. If I use the bottom Nightstalker tree with the Orpheus Rigs, I need to fire through the multiple tethers before I can begin recharging the super.... and by then all the enemies are dead and I don't get to recharge my super.

its the top tree yeah

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
REGARDING BATHERS...

This is probably self explanatory for most, but I've ran with some people that didn't know, so maybe it's worth a mention for the PC folks --

You can start damaging the bathers THE SECOND YOU SEE THEM. As soon as they pop their head up, throw a grenade on them & start unloading on them. With your grenade + a full clip of, almost anything, the thing should be down to at least half health by the time it gets on its feet.

Alternately, you can also time your rotations to always have two people on the pad/in the area when the bather comes out. This can be a little more hectic, but certainly doable if your team is having issues during this part.

Spoiler tagged just because, don't want to give away details for that person trying to go in blind!

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Alright!

Use the top tier. Quiver is ass.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
REGARDING BATHERS...

This is probably self explanatory for most, but I've ran with some people that didn't know, so maybe it's worth a mention for the PC folks --

You can start damaging the bathers THE SECOND YOU SEE THEM. As soon as they pop their head up, throw a grenade on them & start unloading on them. With your grenade + a full clip of, almost anything, the thing should be down to at least half health by the time it gets on its feet.

Alternately, you can also time your rotations to always have two people on the pad/in the area when the bather comes out. This can be a little more hectic, but certainly doable if your team is having issues during this part.

Spoiler tagged just because, don't want to give away details for that person trying to go in blind!

It wasn't as much that I didn't have time to damage them, it was simply that my weapons were gimping me for them. I got a few upgrades, and by the reset, I should be more than able to hold my own. The game really needs to be more transparent about how to get upgrades, though. The way the game handles rewards and drops is a bit too convoluted. Throw in the CD on chests and it's like the game is punishing you at times for playing it.

AerialFox

Oct 27, 2017
Continue to get boned. Legendary engrams are still stuck at 265. Ive done every mission available to me, seriously, nightfall like 15 times. The only thing I can think of is the raid, but some of my friends are 280+ without even raiding yet.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Latest patch definitely fixed the empty PEs for me. Been chasing the Hunter armor set from Io so I spent ~2 hours last night doing PEs and such. There was at least 3 to 4 other players in each one I did. Still no helmet or Orpheus Rigs though. :(

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
im so lucky in this game i feel bad about it, im going to be 305 and the game has been out a week, i have every exotic weapon now because my level 14 alt got skyburners oath which was my last one LOL

i was kinda lucky in d1 before i quit when HOW launched also, mythoclast first kill but i never got the warlock chest ever, this time i have everything for this hutner

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
You know, I'd love a "Story" difficulty for Strikes, NF and Raid where everything is actually set levels. Then we'd have a mode for people who want the challenge, one for people who want to try it out and one for people who want to test their limits.

kidko

Oct 26, 2017
Latest patch definitely fixed the empty PEs for me. Been chasing the Hunter armor set from Io so I spent ~2 hours last night doing PEs and such. There was at least 3 to 4 other players in each one I did. Still no helmet or Orpheus Rigs though. :(

That is a relief to hear. I was beginning to think I had some networking issues going on. Can't wait to play this weekend

Oct 27, 2017
WTH are these folks talking about...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...do-something-new-for-the-series/#cece37a759b7

VG24/7 got some more details about the thing, with one interesting point in there that stands out for Destiny veterans. For the first time in the series, the level cap is going up to 25. No, not the power/light level, which has always gone up with new content, but the experience-based player level, which has stuck at its 20 cap since the day the game released. It's a shift in the way that the game handles leveling, but it's unclear if it's going to be a consequential one. The most interesting notion is that player level is tied to abilities, so it raises the possibility of getting some new powers for our subclasses. While new subclasses probably won't be on the way for a while, each subclass now has two branching ability trees that make up sort of sub-sub-classes. It wouldn't be impossible to add a new one to each.

...uhh, the base level cap has never increased before in the series? Come on now...

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright!

If I get around to making a hunter on PC I'm gonna skip unlocking Moebius Quiver and Six Shooter this time to avoid the issues.

Lol I guess they didn't play Taken King.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Wanted to mention this yesterday but I keep forgetting....

The Vigilance Wing on PC is fucking amazing in crucible. I used it a bit on PS4, but the recoil made it a bit challenging.... tried it on PC crucible last night and it is now my go-to weapon next to the better devils and old fashioned for primary slot kinetic weapons.

Mida is good, but Vigilance Wing is great.

If I get around to making a hunter on PC I'm gonna skip unlocking Moebius Quiver and Six Shooter this time to avoid the issues.

I did this for Gunslinger, wish I would have done it for the Nightstalker as well. Too late now :(

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that bottom tree is too good for orb making :p

This was my biggest issue with running the top tree + Orpheus Rigs.. I felt that I wasn't producing enough orbs for my teammates. However, I've noticed that since you can continually throw down tether after tether after tether, you end up making the same amount of orbs, if not more, than you would off running the bottom skill tree.

You'll also eventually learn where enemies are in certain activities & where/when to tether so you can get it back right away.