• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
i greatly enjoyed playing with Wishender to get Hush, but Hush itself is even more enjoyable for me.

With this season i am now almost caught up on Ritual/Pinnacle weapons, all that is left is the stupid ones from crucible(Redrix, Luna, Mountain and Revoker).
Probably gonna get Revoker once IB rolls around again, and maybe Redrix if i can be bothered to play Rumble.
Luna can just go away.

How does one get the Devil's Ruin to insta-reload upon firing?
Fire a shot, then fire the laser.
Basically once you have any number of shots that isnt a full mag, it autoreloads once you fire the laser.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Wait so I finally figured out how to get in the Menagerie,had one rune slotted in the Cup(the Jubilation one I think),started with 3 players but we where 6 around halfway(on Stadia early morning its really hard to find 6 players,even 3 for Assaults is hard),did all the area and got the last Chest...and now my rune is gone from the Cup...??? how the hell do I get another one..? or is it needed to do the run again...?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
That's how it works. You get runes and level up the cup to be able to put in more runes. You can get runes from the barge on Nessus every week, or play the game and get runes on completion using the runefinder buff from the robots there, or Benedict in the tower. Your rewards from the chest are determined by the combination of runes you put in the cup.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Tuesday reset is going to be so sad, tbh. A funeral for bows. Or, a funeral for the one bow who aspired to be more. To be enjoyable and satisfying.

Bows will go right back to being niche at best, dust-gatherers in the depths of your vaults.

I used the bugged wish ender like once. It's still a bow. I'd rather use almost any other primary weapon type.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
kind of prefer hush to any other anti barrier primary these days tbh

pvp? yeah I'm good. Le monarque does occasional work though.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
At around 210 gifts and don't think I'm going to be able to play today. Don't think I'm making that 300 unless I put some serious time in on Monday. FoMO is weird. Just because this seems like something I should have been able to get I feel the need to more.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
So I used lord of wolves in gambit to get python and finished the catalyst. Weird thing is that it also completed the black talon catalyst at same time and I haven't used that sword since getting it not long after its release.

Some triumphs are also bugged. Crucible weekly completions is still 0/7 when I have done them every week so far.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up for next exotic weapon quest, it seemingly requires 10 Spider bounties for one step. Not sure if it's that the one's that are tied to the Tangled Shore or the actual bounties for hunting down Lost Sector bosses or roaming HVTs but you might want to whittle that down in the next couple of weeks rather than being confronted with that roadblock all at once.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Finally got a nice PC, first thing I loaded up was this game. Man the difference between console recoil and PC recoil is crazy...even the weapon's effective ranges seem higher (maybe due to increased FoV?)

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tuesday reset is going to be so sad, tbh. A funeral for bows. Or, a funeral for the one bow who aspired to be more. To be enjoyable and satisfying.

Bows will go right back to being niche at best, dust-gatherers in the depths of your vaults.

What happens on Tuesday? Sorry, I can't keep up with the Destiny news... should I be grinding something before Tuesday?

Edit: Found it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...dbye-to-destiny-2s-bugged-beloved-wish-ender/

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
*Nerfs Breakneck and Monte out of the blue for no reason*

*Instant handheld supernova cooldown with CH still okay*
*OEM broken for more than a year and still wall hacks*
*Recluse making everything irrelevant for almost a year*
*Takes forever to realize bottom tree striker was an issue, takes even longer to actually do something about it*
*The roaming super that is agile as fuck with invisibility having the most health of any super for the longest time*

A developer employed by literal monkeys:

source.gif

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got Hush - The Vow and Subtle Calamity helped a lot on precision kills. I also realized too late that Leviathan's Breath kills Guardians so quickly and gave 10 points, but that's that. I tried progressing on Randy's Throwing Knife just for kicks, but that's never going to happen. I'm doing the Cold Fusion medal way, but I don't think it's worth it at this point.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Nerfs Breakneck and Monte out of the blue for no reason*

*Instant handheld supernova cooldown with CH still okay*
*OEM broken for more than a year and still wall hacks*
*Recluse making everything irrelevant for almost a year*
*Takes forever to realize bottom tree striker was an issue, takes even longer to actually do something about it*
*The roaming super that is agile as fuck with invisibility having the most health of any super for the longest time*

A developer employed by literal monkeys:

source.gif
Truth is still broken as shit in Gambit.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baked and delivered everyone a cookie. Man that was grindy.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
So I used lord of wolves in gambit to get python and finished the catalyst. Weird thing is that it also completed the black talon catalyst at same time and I haven't used that sword since getting it not long after its release.

It's a bug, same thing happened to me and my friend. However, it only completes the triumph for Black Talon, not the actual catalyst itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I used the bugged wish ender like once. It's still a bow. I'd rather use almost any other primary weapon type.
but did you use it...or did you use it.

because it's definitely more than just a bow right now. It is a DPS monster that can 2 or at the most 3-shot champions while also being a weapon that you can kill regular adds with. It's so good that there's next to no reason to use anything else in your loadout when you have it equipped.

That is definitely not how we have ever related to bows, or ever will relate to them again.

That's the exact roll I used to grind Edgewise and all the stupid Eve bounties during this event.
Damn I would have ignored Edgewise entirely if I had a Frenzy + Rampage Avalanche before it came out. Maybe I would have grinded one anyway for the frenzy + demo option, but man...Edgewise sucks in comparison to Avalanche.

I need you to love yourself more than 500 waves of Altar, sir.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Alters is fun unless you're doing it with randos who are using fucking Thorn in PVP or when you come across a hammer Titan using Saint-14's helm why are you doing that what is wrong with you.

Then you unsurprisingly can't kill the boss and gotta wait until the dumbass randos realize they aren't doing shit to get your chest at the end.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
so i'm 966 power and nothing gives me upgrades anymore. Do I just wait for Iron banner to come back? Master nightfall hunts obliterate me, and I can't be arsed to do raids. The 100k nightfall pinnacle gear can be a pain sometimes too. I've had shadowkeep since launch and I feel like I dont play enough and i'm probably way behind.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting a secret whisper/outbreak style quest this month? There's a two week lull with nothing announced starting on this reset and in the final two weeks of the season. Probably just seting myself up for disappointment but there was a datamined heavy exotic.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Got a message talking about I am approaching a power level cap , i thought the cap was like 960 i'm at like 906. I guess i'm at the point where i need to be doing raids to progress? Or item drop rate is lower?

anywho I have yet to touch the narrative again. I have just been pvping

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Got a message talking about I am approaching a power level cap , i thought the cap was like 960 i'm at like 906. I guess i'm at the point where i need to be doing raids to progress? Or item drop rate is lower?

anywho I have yet to touch the narrative again. I have just been pvping
In the previous season, 900 - 950 stopped you from always getting upgrades and you needed to get prime engrams to get things that improved your light level (or the challengues). 950+ was only through pinnacle gear.
Now, as they increased the max light level without pinnacle to 960, I guess 910 is the new start of "prime engram" territory.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have min maxed everything.

All that is left...my non collections Shards. C'mon man.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The alt fire mode is really fun to play around with but the raw damage output just isn't fitting of an exotic
Not every Exotic has to be a dps monster though.

DR has lots of utility in many places besides killing bosses or raids.

From what i have been seeing most people use it wrong anyway.
All the doods running around only firing the laser, even in close combat 1v1, as if the normal firing mode does not even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.