DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I completely agree that Crucible is in a complete state of $hit, but not for the same reasons you are referring to. Bungie has done nothing to increase the quality of PvP and have not added any new content to the mix an have only made it worse for the general game population. It is completely Bungie's for catering to the streamers with update last year, that removed SBMM, so that streamers could have less sweaty matches and more stomps. CBMM works perfectly for them in that regard, however, for everyone else.....

They need to add 1 consistent game mode that uses SBMM to keep lesser players engaged and not in a constant cycle of being abused and thrown aside like trash. But hey, everyone loves watching a 2.0 k/d streamer destroy a team of .75 guys because it makes the streamers so damn good, WOW, look at that ePein rep he's building pwning those pleed noobs on the stream.

Or even better a game mode with pinnacle weapons disabled (still SBMM), so all the paid recov pop-tarts still can't use the weapons

Right now PvP is in great shape for skilled players because they can just destroy everything in sight using their pinnacle weapons to get an even greater advantage in QP. Giving the best PvP weapons to the best PvP players to use against non-wielding PvP'ers is a great reward to further build the gap between the haves and have nots. It's great for the top 10%, but sucks for everyone else. Well, I play with my feet in PvP, so it's all good...

SBMM Iron Banner is some of the most fun I've had in the game because the game are actually competitive and it's not constant 6 stack stomps.

With brings me to the next point, Solo queue. For the love of all things Light, can Bungie add a fu(king solo queue for comp and QP already

OK, finally, Bungie add some fu(king variety into PvP. The game modes are plain as hell. Spice it up, add some capture the flag, add a Killzone 2 Warzone style mode, add a vehicle mode with Pike just to shake up the norm boring trash that is crucible right now.

I love me some PvP, but I suck at it more than ever, but there are dozens of us out there with the same beefs!

giphy.gif

Lore content and playing actual story missions are completely different. There have been 0 new strikes and or story missions with the expansion and I sure as hell will not include grinding old Y1 missions 5,000 times for the forges, etc.

There have 100% been new "story missions". Even Black Armory had some in a few of the quest lines. Exotic quests have had new story missions. The Last Word final mission is one of the coolest missions in the game.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
There have 100% been new "story missions". Even Black Armory had some in a few of the quest lines. Exotic quests have had new story missions. The Last Word final mission is one of the coolest missions in the game.

Where mincing words brotha.

I'm referring to classic story missions strikes/Adventures with a continuous chain of events. BA and Joker have not been structured that way; they have been grind fests 90% of the time.

Dec 6, 2017
Where mincing words brotha.

I'm referring to classic story missions strikes/Adventures with a continuous chain of events. BA and Joker have not been structured that way; they have been grind fests 90% of the time.
They were supposed to be grind fests. Annual Pass is Endgame, which is grind in Destiny. Always has been. Having said that, I'm hoping for more quests/missions/strikes in the future. Always enjoyed those.

Dec 6, 2017
Me too man, but it sounds like it will be Sept at the earliest....
Yeah. I'm hoping for an actual expansion, but every rumor I've heard is that another annual pass is more likely with the first season being a little heavier in the story department. Not upset at that, but I do miss the excitement of logging in to a new season/update of Destiny where you jumped into that first quest/mission and it was go time. I'm a little horde-moded out.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah if it's just another season pass going to skip it. I love destiny but what I love are strikes and story missions, not horde modes. Loved the grind in D1 for good strike loot roles but haven't fount any of these horde mode things fun at all. Once I got a good forge lmg I totally fell off of it. Not a collector so getting new weapons doesn't really do much for me.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Yeah if it's just another season pass going to skip it. I love destiny but what I love are strikes and story missions, not horde modes. Loved the grind in D1 for good strike loot roles but haven't fount any of these horde mode things fun at all. Once I got a good forge lmg I totally fell off of it. Not a collector so getting new weapons doesn't really do much for me.

I'm skipping if it's another Annual Pass because I want Bungie to understand that's not the direction I want.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Last Word and Ace of Spades did. I too am not fond of the Crucible and feel that it only stiffles creativity due to needing to balance for PvP.

These were all pvp guns, straight up into the lore. Also the Ace quest required very little pvp.

Which is funny because the gun is pretty terrible in PvP, lol

This is a problem with balancing. It sucks. The gun is intended to be a PvP gun, but Bungie refuses to get rid of bloom. The gun is very mangeable on PC, and I've run into quite a few of them.

Oct 26, 2017
These were all pvp guns, straight up into the lore. Also the Ace quest required very little pvp.

The last word lore entry

Mentions a showdown with a guardian who fell to the Darkness. Unless they had a showdown in the Crucible then it doesn't count.

No weapon is Crucible only in lore. The entire justification for PvP in lore is "lol we just come back to life so let's fight."

And any amount of PvP for any weapon is not okay in my book. If you want to have the option to unlock one that way it should be just that, an option. For those of us who don't enjoy PvP we shouldn't be forced to play it.

Last edited:

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
And any amount of PvP for any weapon is not okay in my book. If you want to have the option to unlock one that way it should be just that, an option. For those of us who don't enjoy PvP we shouldn't be forced to play it.

Can those of us who don't want to run last wish 40 times for a one thousand voices drop get it via PVP?

Oct 26, 2017
Can those of us who don't want to run last wish 40 times for a one thousand voices drop get it via PVP?

I'm pretty sure I said in my post that if people want to get a weapon via PvP then they should have that option. It just shouldn't be mandatory.

"If you want to have the option to unlock one that way it should be just that, an option."

Oct 25, 2017
The last word lore entry

Mentions a showdown with a dredge. I didn't know the Fallen were allowed to compete in the Crucible.

No weapon is Crucible only in lore. The entire justification for PvP in lore is "lol we just come back to life so let's fight."

I can't tell if this is a joke. Isn't Dredgen Yor a human?
https://www.destinypedia.com/Dredgen_Yor

I don't care about the pvp vs pve argument. But don't get your lore mixed.

Oct 25, 2017
My bad, he was a guardian who fell to Darkness.

Too bad they didn't have their duel in the Crucible, negating the "it's a Crucible weapon in lore" argument.
Shin Malphur didn't use the last word to kill Fallen. His whole deal was specifically killing guardians that had fallen to the darkness.

It's very clearly meant to be a cowboy duelling pistol type deal. The quest was an absolute pain in the ass but I have no issue with it being a pvp weapon. PVP is the only thing that's actually hard in destiny anyway

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The last word lore entry

Mentions a showdown with a guardian who fell to the Darkness. Unless they had a showdown in the Crucible then it doesn't count.

The Last Word is a PvP gun by design. It is entirely balanced around PvP and just isn't that great in PvE. Similarly Whisper of the Worm can be used, iirc, to one shot supers in PvP, but overall no one would consider it a PvP gun. Thus you get it in a PvE quest since its stronger in that area.

Thorn is a PvP gun sort of by design but moreso in lore. It was a gun designed or at least infamously used to kill guardians, not destroy enemies of the light. Who gives a shit if it was officially the crucible or not. It's meant to kill guardians. Crucible is the only place you kill guardians in this game other than gambit, and hey guess what, Thorn ain't bad in gambit, at least on PC. But again, it's trash on consoles in general.

raid_bg.jpg

the surrounding area looks very Hive-ish. I'm guessing Hive on the Leviathan.

Whoa. That looks insanely dreadnaught ish.

Oct 26, 2017
The Last Word is a PvP gun by design. It is entirely balanced around PvP and just isn't that great in PvE. Similarly Whisper of the Worm can be used, iirc, to one shot supers in PvP, but overall no one would consider it a PvP gun. Thus you get it in a PvE quest since its stronger in that area.

Thorn is a PvP gun sort of by design but moreso in lore. It was a gun designed or at least infamously used to kill guardians, not destroy enemies of the light.

Your argument was that lore wise it was a PvP gun, which is not the case. The argument that it is balanced for PvP is fine, but it can be used elsewhere. I stated quite clearly that unlocking weapons via forcing people to play PvP was not a good idea. Some of us don't like the Crucible.

By that same token, if you want to unlock a weapon via PvP then you should have that option. It shouldn't be one or the other though

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Your argument was that lore wise it was a PvP gun, which is not the case. The argument that it is balanced for PvP is fine, but it can be used elsewhere. I stated quite clearly that unlocking weapons via forcing people to play PvP was not a good idea. Some of us don't like the Crucible.

By that same token, if you want to unlock a weapon via PvP then you should have that option. It shouldn't be one or the other though

You are arguing semantics. It was a guardian killer. It makes sense to level it up by killing guardians. The quest literally says this.

I'm not entirely against your main point, but your argument that it wasn't technically used in crucible (which again, is wrong. Dredgen Yor used it in the crucible and to everyone's horror his opponents could not be resurrected) so it shouldn't require crucible is kind of asinine.

Oct 26, 2017
You are arguing semantics. It was a guardian killer. It makes sense to level it up by killing guardians. The quest literally says this.

You're equating a guardian falling to darkness to guardians killing each other in the Crucible. You're the one splitting hairs, and then changing your argument. I have no interest in continuing a discussion with someone who keeps changing their argument.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You're equating a guardian falling to darkness to guardians killing each other in the Crucible. You're the one splitting hairs, and then changing your argument. I have no interest in continuing a discussion with someone who keeps changing their argument.

I'm not splitting hairs lmao. It's a guardian killing gun. To get it, you gotta kill guardians. I'm not changing my argument at all what the hell?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Are we arguing this again? Both TLW and Thorn are iconic crucible weapons from D1, their quests requiring PvP steps are completely justified. There are numerous great exotics that do not require PvP steps to get, while also being way more useful in PvE than both the guns combined. If you have a completionist mindset to get everything in the game, you must be prepared to face every challenge in the game, simple as that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This new annual pass model is really not doing it for me. A blind €35 a year buy-in for mostly multiplayer content is a hard pass, so it looks like I'll be waiting for D3 to get more solo stuff (not one-off quests). I don't even know why I'm complaining since it was clear there wasn't going to be significant solo content after Forsaken 😅

Should be a fun pre-order page for D3. I bet base game + expansion pass + annual pass at some ridiculous price like €120 is gonna be an option day one. And then there'll be a "digital collectors edition" with some skins, JPEGs, and MP3s for €150. Maybe it wouldn't feel as bad if they dropped the expansion pass to make the expansions available to all players like in Division 2. But with them flying solo from now on I doubt that. Most I can wish for is for it not to be Epic Game Store exclusive because of its lack of social and community features, but I've got a bad feeling about that too.