Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for everyone who has to play gambit for the handcannon...

Luckily i got mine from joining a match in progress and playing only 1 minute of the match =D

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I really like the -idea- of Gambit. Sometimes its great and a close match, other times a complete blowout.

But that basically rings true for any Destiny competitive event.

Garryk

Oct 26, 2017
I like Gambit, but it sucks that one good invader can carry an entire team. Need some diminishing returns on primeval heals.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
As a fellow controller user that also had difficulties with agressive HC, after hearing some tips here, I've found a Steady Hand on my vault. It has iron grip perk, and I put a counterbalance stock mod.... Yeah, finally Im taming these beast.... Try the mod for yourself to see if it helps.
oh I know. I will only play with HC's like the way you've mentioned. In fact, I like most of my weapons stabilized.

I was referring to the post previous that one where a couple people were idolizing a 100% minimized stability 120 HC.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Gambit is the worst experience you can have in this game now.

And I used to like it a lot when it came out in Forsaken...

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I finally got around to playing the Battlegrounds and really enjoyed the first two.

How many are we getting this season?

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Gambit should bring back the Prime roles you could have but in mod form. I'm sure most of us have our pve and pvp builds, Gambit should be included. I know Gambit is PvPvE, so techically your pve build will suffice. But, I think with Prime mods it could spice things up. That and some new freaking maps.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Gambit should bring back the Prime roles you could have but in mod form. I'm sure most of us have our pve and pvp builds, Gambit should be included. I know Gambit is PvPvE, so techically your pve build will suffice. But, I think with Prime mods it could spice things up. That and some new freaking maps.
I loved the Prime Armour, it just needed some balancing but Bungie were always investing their efforts elsewhere and then with Beyond Light it looks like they ultimately decided to scrap the idea entirely. Probably for the best considering how low a priority the mode seems to be, if they made a change that wasn't working it probably wouldn't go adjusted for years.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ethan-scheu-d2-image-10.jpg

WateryInexperiencedGoa-size_restricted.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get farm stompies doing legend lost sectors or does it only drop the new exotics?

The current legend lost sector only drops exotic chests. Exotic legs will be rotated in either tomorrow or Saturday (I forgot whether it was helmet or legs on Concealed Void). When it rotates to exotic legs, your drops will heavily favor exotics you haven't gotten yet over ones you already have.

Ultimately, Cosmodrome lost sectors are immensely easier to farm, so you're in luck.

Last edited:

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Is there anyway to get 100k on the Nightfall at the 1270 difficulty setting? I've tried a few times and only get to about 80k

demi

Oct 27, 2017

The only mod you need is Cuirass of the Falling Star. Haha imagine, deleting the boss in 5 seconds. Wild huh, no way it would get pass QA

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
You know....Battlegrounds really needs a damage readout or something. I'm so tied of these players that sit in the corner shooting their bow, hiding, and contributing absolutely zero boss dps nor anything to the mission objectives.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to get 100k on the Nightfall at the 1270 difficulty setting? I've tried a few times and only get to about 80k

I havent tried it, but with the added enemies from the exotic quest room it could be possible if you prolong the fight (I know a lot of people like to just burn the boss immediately)

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
The current legend lost sector only drops exotic chests. Exotic legs will be rotated in either tomorrow or Saturday (I forgot whether it was helmet or legs on Concealed Void). When it rotates to exotic legs, your drops will heavily favor exotics you haven't gotten yet or ones you already have.

Ultimately, Cosmodrome lost sectors are immensely easier to farm, so you're in luck.
Cool, yeah got titan exotic today didn't know if it was new exotics only or not. Have this schedule for anyone that needs it(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...BQzbeuV7PgoxzGRhxf2Kyi27kTo/edit?usp=drivesdk). Just wanted to make sure before I started grinding it on Saturday like an idiot only to find out it wasn't possible.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I loved the Prime Armour, it just needed some balancing but Bungie were always investing their efforts elsewhere and then with Beyond Light it looks like they ultimately decided to scrap the idea entirely. Probably for the best considering how low a priority the mode seems to be, if they made a change that wasn't working it probably wouldn't go adjusted for years.

Yeah, Gambit could be a much better mode if given proper time and attention.

The only mod you need is Cuirass of the Falling Star. Haha imagine, deleting the boss in 5 seconds. Wild huh, no way it would get pass QA

I've not run across this yet. I don't look forward to it, unless they are on my team lol

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bold : Did you ever hear the tragedy of Noeak the flawless?

Van Bur3n : No.

Bold : I thought not. It's not a story the Destiny Era would tell you. It's a Gambit legend. Noeak the flawless was a Dark Lord of the motes, so powerful and so wise... he could use the light to influence the motes of light to drop... any gear he desired. He had such knowledge, he could even keep the guns he cared about from sunsetting.

Van Bur3n : He could actually... save guns from Luke Smith?

Bold : The way of the Dredgen is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Van Bur3n : What happened to him?

Bold : He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his palindrome, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice stole his palindrome while he slept. Noeak never saw it coming, now he sucks at crucible without it. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Van Bur3n : Is it possible to learn this power?

Bold : Not from the Vanguard.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first "god roll" rampage bottom dollar on my first game, 2 more the next 2 games(descent rolls). My brother was pissed lol. He got one after 2 hours and it was all the worst perks in each tree, I was dying.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Just farmed the Necrotic Grips yesterday and the Mantle of Battle Harmony today. So easy, when it's prioritizing the exotics you don't have, and usually gives it to you on the first completion.

Maybe I'll try for the Hunter eyeballs later tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Battlegrounds is inflating my weapon stats but man, I haven't even had it a week and I already have 1,300 kills on my Salvagers Salvo. Despite this thing not having any new unique perks it kind of feels like a Pinnacle Weapon of old. It definitely fills in the big Loaded Question-shaped hole in my heart a bit.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
After 8 or 9 attempts of todays legendary lost sector the Omnioculus exotic dropped. Blessing in disguise for Bungo cause I was making the reddit thread already in my head, these things either need to have way better drops or need to be called out for false advertising and bullshit time wasters that they are. My clanmate that was with me in the party said he had done 20 today and 0 exotic drops for him...hey, at least he got them enhancement cores!

You know....Battlegrounds really needs a damage readout or something. I'm so tied of these players that sit in the corner shooting their bow, hiding, and contributing absolutely zero boss dps nor anything to the mission objectives.
It's infuriating, here's me tethering the boss, 6 or 7 rockets to his ass and then I finally die to everything around me...to see my teammates on the other side of the globe shooting a Knight.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
It's infuriating, here's me tethering the boss, 6 or 7 rockets to his ass and then I finally die to everything around me...to see my teammates on the other side of the globe shooting a Knight.
Totally! Not only are they plink plink plinking arrows. These players are actively hiding behind cover, and therefore not drawing any of the enemy fire. So the players doing all of the heavy lifting by dropping shields and killing champions are getting annihilated.

Grief like your life depends on it: body block all of their shots. 🤠
haha. Yeah I actually did that last match!

I don't think he even noticed because I died while eclipsing him from the boss and then he ressed me.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Play the strike on Europa, and hit the shanks with your melee. Quickest way I've found to do it. You can get a few at once if you set it up well.

Keep in mind it has to be the actual projectile that takes them out though. Shanks are a one-shot, and there's tons of them in that strike.

That objective is completely broken for warlocks, and they need to fix it so a simple melee finisher with Stasis equipped counts.

Thanks, that did the trick. It was a pain in the ass though, took several runs to get my final nine kills. I bet hunters and titans finished that part without even thinking about it, heh.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Just joined a battlegrounds match on nessus, the game consistently spawned me inside that tank at the end. I quit, I rejoined the fireteam, yay, inside tank again.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Sleeper simulant and acrius catalyst drop from 1 nightfall
Then necrotic grip's drop in a battleground. Didn't know they were now in the general loot pool.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Don't really know what's going on this week. I've gained exactly 1 power level and am 1302 from raid drops.

Three of my 'powerful 2' and pinnacle rewards have dropped at 1300, including two from BGs. I've had at least a pair of 'powerful 1' rewards come in at 1302 as well. I guess that the game says I can't level this week.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Don't really know what's going on this week. I've gained exactly 1 power level and am 1302 from raid drops.

Three of my 'powerful 2' and pinnacle rewards have dropped at 1300, including two from BGs. I've had at least a pair of 'powerful 1' rewards come in at 1302 as well. I guess that the game says I can't level this week.
Powerful drops of any tier past 1300 will only come in at your base power level. As for your Pinnacles only dropping at 1300 I have no idea what's going on there.