Status
Not open for further replies.

d-psipher

Oct 25, 2017
You need a slideshot Ignition Code in your life.

Or a Heritage / Succession.
This is the truth right here. There are some cool primaries. I would add Pardon Our Dust as well. Using in running strikes right now. Run Heritage with Reconstruction and Snapshot. Nothing lives long in Gambit, blockers included.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My problem is that there are "hard to get" raid/GM weapons that I don't know what to do with.

Do I shard my extra Timelost Fatebringers? Like they all have different rolls, but it's already hard enough to do a normal raid let alone Master VOG - and it will just get worse next season when VOG is retired content and no one does it anymore except for challenge progress.

I know people think Shadow Price is garbage, but I actually like using it (at least when there's a reason to) and since they're taking it out of the pool next season it's not like I can just farm a new one either.
For stuff like that you can post the rolls in question. People will be happy to provide recommendations. Sometimes all that is needed is an objective pair of eyes that know the game well enough to help adjudicate.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's my minimalist lifestyle pouring over into games, but I've never understood the vault complaints. At best I'm probably cycling the same 5-6 weapons across all characters all season, lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe it's my minimalist lifestyle pouring over into games, but I've never understood the vault complaints. At best I'm probably cycling the same 5-6 weapons across all characters all season, lol.

I've just collected so much over the course of the last 4 years, but even then I mostly only have about 1 copy per gun. On a few I have 2-3, but I try to limit it for the sake of space. But once WQ rolls out I've decided I'm going to dismantle everything that's sunset except for a handful of rituals I still love (but obviously never use).

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I've got so many copies of guns where It's 75% the same roll, but each one with a different perk in a single column. I have like 3 gridskippers because of this. <3 my moving target/high impact roll, but moving target/MCC is good too. ...And then there's the heating up/MCC roll... and.... anyway, that's why I had to purge my vault. It also didn't help that I blindly tossed any exotic armor pieces that rolled over 65 stats into my vault, which resulted in me having like 2-4 copies of most exotic armor pieces.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
My dream for the Sony acquisition is that they help Bungie develop the DCV into its own game client, where you can play all the old PvE content with either a fixed loadout or a small curated list of available loot.

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly the only way I'd want a Destiny 3 is if they bring over all of our gear, and all of the D2 locations are brought over as well. So at that point it would really just be "Destiny" all in one place. Ideally with the D1 locations as well.

But I definitely do not want to start over from scratch again, with no gear and no characters.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind starting over in terms of gear in a hypothetical Destiny 3. But I know if there was a Destiny 3, we'd be starting over in terms of qualify of life, depths, systems, etc. D1 had many improvements over the course of its life that weren't in D2 at launch or still have to make it into the game. How long did it take Bungie to rebuild Trials back what it was in D1? 2? 3 years?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If you never use them what is the point in keeping them?
For meta changes, really.
I never used fusions or linear fusions until this season, and randomly keep a few of them did pay off in that I didn't have to grind for a Cartesian or a LFR this season.

If you need the vault space, toss the least appealing ones.
That's the problem with the grinding in the game - you can't easily infinitely grind high level content for the perfect god roll, so you end up with many versions of slightly different variations of the same thing.

Even with the same primary perks, I have Fatebringers with max range and max stability and it's like... which one makes more sense? That's before you get into PVP and PVE versions, which admittedly is less a concern for me but I still few compelled to keep PVP rolls for some reason (opening shot being a thing apparently).

It's a question of marginal differences for sure, and if raid and GM weapons were easy to come by, it wouldn't really matter to me which is why I'm happy to shard Gridskippers and stuff (although now that those are going away, I feel the need to keep some of them too).

I like the adept one for anti-barrier duty despite hating 450s in general. If you like it, keep it.
I have several of these as well, but I wasn't able to get the One For All/Overflow roll I wanted on the adept version, so gotta keep that one too... and then it's like DIM says keep another one that has Killing Wind/Disruption Break for PVP.

For stuff like that you can post the rolls in question. People will be happy to provide recommendations. Sometimes all that is needed is an objective pair of eyes that know the game well enough to help adjudicate.
As a baseline everything is "DIM approved" for me, then it's specific perk rolls that are either equally good or "differently" good that it just becomes indecision for me.
It's hard to nuke Timelost weapons because they're relatively hard to get, even though I've definitely killed a lot of Visions, Fatebringers and Praediths out of necessity. Then the GM weapons, seasonal weapons, and basically other stuff that isn't easy to get.

If getting a Timelost drop meant it entered the general world pool and you could have a chance to get it from other activities, then it'd be much easier for me to just let go like I do with all the generic Banshee/Rahool/Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit drops that you are constantly fed.

Last edited:

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I've just collected so much over the course of the last 4 years, but even then I mostly only have about 1 copy per gun. On a few I have 2-3, but I try to limit it for the sake of space. But once WQ rolls out I've decided I'm going to dismantle everything that's sunset except for a handful of rituals I still love (but obviously never use).

Yea, I dismantled all of the sunset stuff, even if I couldn't pull another. Really no point to keeping it.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I put stuff in my vault if I don't know whether it's good. Then I just never touch it for an entire season and delete it all at the end anyway.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
A week or two ago I whittled my vault down from ~450 to just under 300, inspired by Datto's vault purge spree. It's actually quite liberating. I know Auntie Savie would be proud of me.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
A week or two ago I whittled my vault down from ~450 to just under 300, inspired by Datto's vault purge spree. It's actually quite liberating. I know Auntie Savie would be proud of me.
tbf if I played Destiny full time and knew I could get together people to farm Templar and then do Master Atheon at will, to have infinite rolls, I probably wouldn't keep my Timelost weapons. lol

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
tbf if I played Destiny full time and knew I could get together people to farm Templar and then do Master Atheon at will, to have infinite rolls, I probably wouldn't keep my Timelost weapons. lol
Oh I must have spent over a thousand spoils looking for my perfect rolls for fatebringer, succession, heritage, found verdict, hezen, etc. Got lucky on some but others took a couple of full spoils stacks to land *cough* succession *cough*

The spoils farm is real. I'm waiting to restock up on spoils until they talk about weapons (hoping they mention spoils in tomorrow's TWAB)... also cuz i can't be arsed to do that shit again.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I never used fusions or linear fusions until this season, and randomly keep a few of them did pay off in that I didn't have to grind for a Cartesian or a LFR this season.

So... four guns from a 500 slot vault?

Even with the same primary perks, I have Fatebringers with max range and max stability and it's like... which one makes more sense?

For 140rpm hand cannons 70-ish stability then whatever you want— people want range range range from hand cannons but each range point adds centimetres. For PvE I'd keep a Timelost FB with Frenzy if you have one and something else if you don't.

That's before you get into PVP and PVE versions, which admittedly is less a concern for me but I still few compelled to keep PVP rolls for some reason (opening shot being a thing apparently).

Maybe? Eye of the Storm is the clear PvP pick for me as it wins duels. If you are looking to clean up from a special weapon than OS makes more sense.

and then it's like DIM says keep another one that has Killing Wind/Disruption Break for PVP.

DIM's community recommendations aren't something you have to live by. How does the gun fit into your playstyle? Like Disruption Break is only good if you swap to your kinetic or a teammate uses theirs. Killing Wind only works for you if you ignore Disruption Break. You could make an argument for a loop/build/style that takes advantage of those perks together but if it isn't your style, who cares?

For me I look for good perks on gun types I like using in PvP. For end game PvE I'm looking for damage perks that don't need kills to proc (frenzy, one for all) and I'm squirrelling away those guns from the sub-archetypes I like most for seasons with related artefact mods. For non-endgame PvE it really doesn't matter.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Sony already breaking the bank with Bungie.

Y'all gonna spend some money on content for D2?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Smart play from Sony - the talent is what they are after. No point in spending all that money if people up and leave.

Oct 29, 2017
So Sony already breaking the bank with Bungie.

Y'all gonna spend some money on content for D2?

Here's hoping. I'm sure the next 2, maybe 3, seasons are probably already locked in, so it might not be until the end of the year that we start to see some benefits from Daddy Sony's wallet.

I just hope we start seeing good quality of life updates at a quicker pace.

2 gifts from Ramirez

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Ramirez Ramirez!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Ramirez said:
2x Midas Traction Emblem Codes

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (USA) PlayStation 5 (USA): Midas Traction Emblem - Won by Ruthless Ruthless (5 entries)
  • Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Midas Traction Emblem Code - Won by Cream Stout Cream Stout (7 entries)

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So... four guns from a 500 slot vault?
Sure, I keep one of each weapon if I can. It's only the hard to get stuff that I keep multiples of.

For 140rpm hand cannons 70-ish stability then whatever you want— people want range range range from hand cannons but each range point adds centimetres. For PvE I'd keep a Timelost FB with Frenzy if you have one and something else if you don't.

Maybe? Eye of the Storm is the clear PvP pick for me as it wins duels. If you are looking to clean up from a special weapon than OS makes more sense.
It's like this nonsense, and I've already deleted many of them:

That's not counting the couple of normal Fatebringers I have that are explosive/rewind + frenzy, but with much more natural range because of barrel/mag perks and masterwork.

The adrenaline junkie one aside, which is one of those "they made the perk a useful damage perk so maybe it's better than frenzy" and killing wind/kill clip as a random perk synergy combo, the other ones are like marginally different enough that it's like a big shrug emoji to me.

Perhaps it's the wrong mentality to have with the game to think about opportunity cost, but I do have the psychological barrier of the fact that raid weapons will become much less obtainable as time passes by virtue of old content being rendered irrelevant by design, so sharding these weapons makes me think of the 20 spoils lost or the time it takes to get to a point to get to Master Templar in the first place.

DIM's community recommendations aren't something you have to live by. How does the gun fit into your playstyle? Like Disruption Break is only good if you swap to your kinetic or a teammate uses theirs. Killing Wind only works for you if you ignore Disruption Break. You could make an argument for a loop/build/style that takes advantage of those perks together but if it isn't your style, who cares?

For me I look for good perks on gun types I like using in PvP. For end game PvE I'm looking for damage perks that don't need kills to proc (frenzy, one for all) and I'm squirrelling away those guns from the sub-archetypes I like most for seasons with related artefact mods. For non-endgame PvE it really doesn't matter.

It's kind of this nonsense:

I couldn't get Subsistence/Reservoir to drop, so I have like these half-combos instead.
Maybe the one I could delete out of hand is the under pressure/high impact reserve one, but I'd be more likely to use that over the "god roll" slideshot/reservoir.

Of course, I guess the real answer is that I could delete them all and wait until next year to try the lottery again then. But can I convince my neanderthal brain to do that? Maybe if I'm forced to do it when new weapons start dropping again.

Oh I must have spent over a thousand spoils looking for my perfect rolls for fatebringer, succession, heritage, found verdict, hezen, etc. Got lucky on some but others took a couple of full spoils stacks to land *cough* succession *cough*

The spoils farm is real. I'm waiting to restock up on spoils until they talk about weapons (hoping they mention spoils in tomorrow's TWAB)... also cuz i can't be arsed to do that shit again.
Spoils is a good concept to mitigate the RNG, it's just basically finding 5 other suckers willing to do it. lol
But I'd rather just have another way for people to earn rolls, because killing whatever instance is the new Templar in the next raid a hundred times over and over again does get old kind of quickly.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Here's hoping. I'm sure the next 2, maybe 3, seasons are probably already locked in, so it might not be until the end of the year that we start to see some benefits from Daddy Sony's wallet.

I just hope we start seeing good quality of life updates at a quicker pace.
Here's hoping for actual dedicated servers and dualsense implementation that's not phoned in.

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to clear out my vault as well. 499/500.

I've got 6 Frozen Orbits in there. I have no idea why, I hate sniping in crucible. I'll just pick the most PvE-friendly roll and ditch the rest.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so...I thought we were gonna get some story content prior to TWQ? Should we expect something on the 15th? Or maybe just the final week?

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the Realmwalker triumph? What should be Shattered Scholar and Unsolved Mysteries are showing as secret for me

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they are outlining the crafting system seeing as it's about weapons, so that's probably a decent chunk of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.