• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
About damn time. Really hope this season is interesting cause last 2 have been lacking.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie's graphic designers are amongst the best in the business. That logo is dope as hell.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FHR8foL.jpg

Waiting for it

Jun 17, 2018
Did my tiny part for this.

100.000 donated. Still have 60k in my inventory but my finger hurts from donating 100 at a time...

Im mostly a quickplay, 6vs6, kind of guy but any new pvp content is much appreciated!

Oct 27, 2017
History would dictate September of this year, but we changed history. Who knows in this new timeline without Activision.

If history is anything to go by then it should be Destiny 3 or that type of "next big thing" for the series. They should drop the number in the title though as it should have never been there in the first place.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
A Trials only season wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

We already got that with Season of the Drifter.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Its literally trials with old maps and old armor.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just old maps and the old armor? I mean, I'm glad it's back but that's underwhelming. I am happy those armor sets are back though because they are some of the best ones they've done.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Eric Smith works at Bungie now, feels like we're watching a Treehouse stream

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
While i enjoyed trials, the biggest news is the return of exodus blue, anomaly and cauldron are the big news and are a much welcome return.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm kinda done with D2 at this point after a ridiculous amount of play time. The last 2 seasons sucked and this one doesn't seem much more interesting. I have pretty much all the drops I want, and although I'd like to do do crown and garden I ceebs combing through lfg for a group.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If history is anything to go by then it should be Destiny 3 or that type of "next big thing" for the series. They should drop the number in the title though as it should have never been there in the first place.

Given that it was a complete reboot of progression and nothing carried over, the 2 absolutely should have been there.

The mistake was doing a full sequel at all.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If Trials is going to be available to the Free-2-Play audience, they better have some amazing anti-cheat ready. Otherwise....

And new weapons, of course.

Yeah for sure. I won't judge it too much yet. Luke Smith said on twitter just now that they'll have more on Trials before the new season so prob some other things they're holding back for now.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So... it really is 3 months of Trials? That's it?

- Power Enabled. Better start grinding those bounties
- F2P. Perfect for frying routers and aimbotting with
- Trials Gear. I guess.
- New Guns. I guess.
- New PvP Maps. Actually cool. But assuming they will be disappointing like most D1 -> D2 throwbacks.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Best armour sets they ever did. Might have to pull my Hunter out the bin, that set especially was my favorite they ever did.
It being Power enabled is real shit though, don't play enough to keep up with the current system.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Gonna be fun sweating my dick off playing against folks on McDonald's wifi just to earn old shit, lol

I don't mind old stuff as long as they bring new stuff too. I'm not even gonna get my hopes up. Funny how I expect basically nothing, yet still disappointed. Trials coming back is neat, but I mean, it should have never left. Kinda hard to celebrate something that was taken away for over a year. How 'bout that Faction Rally, eh?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

- Trials Gear. I guess.
- New Guns. I guess.
- New PvP Maps. Actually cool. But assuming they will be disappointing like most D1 -> D2 throwbacks.
Did the mention the season at all in the video? I doubt Trials will be a 3 month thing.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
DestinyERA: "Pls bring back D1 armor, Bungo"

Bungie: *They bring them back*

DestinyERA: "What the fuck is wrong with you, Bungo?"

Bungie: *Blank face*

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Luke says Trials will use "card based" matchmaking and "connection based"

* Classic Mix is also CBMM btw (lol)

twitter.com

thislukesmith on Twitter

“I genuinely loved Trials of Osiris in Destiny (I think it's clear in the Dev Insights piece below that our team does too). D2 needs aspirational experiences like Trials in PVP. And on 3/13 some of those long-missing feelings will return. 1/3 https://t.co/BH6elCjdbG”

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should expect nothing less with this "new" Bungie. Folks really like those armor sets at least.

Touting old maps and old armor in a preview/reveal video...unreal.
I had no problems with Trials coming back barebones, but...that cannot be the season right? The wole season?

Oct 27, 2017

- Trials Gear. I guess.
- New Guns. I guess.
Given that Trials is Free-to-Play maybe we're actually getting a season of PvE as well, I kinda doubt it but we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

- Trials Gear. I guess.
- New Guns. I guess.
I would expect Trials to be permanent. I don't think this had anything to do with Season of The Worthy other than being the big PvP addition coming at the same time.