• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
spWvFIn.png

RaR5qQ2.png

The best looking Guardians!

How did you take these pictures without any icons and stuff on your screen?

f4c2dkD.png

nke6vG7.png

eMudaAK.png

I miss the Old Guard shader and the Stranger's Rifle, but at least I can kinda cosplay the Boss from MGS3.

Dude, your Titan looks like an actual soldier. Like, that will be the official gear for the US military in 200 years LOL...great job man!

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I tasted the rainbow. Gonna run quick through the Campaign on PC. PC Gameplay in destiny is just too good. Can't go back to PS4.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Yippy fashion destiny. Sorry for shitty screen shot don't have a pc any more and not easy was to get screen shots onto an iPad from a PS4

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Is it easy to catch up again, i have not played DLC1 because i got bored after reaching max Light so i never looked back. But i am interested in the changes they have made since release.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Yippy fashion destiny. Sorry for shitty screen shot don't have a pc any more and not easy was to get screen shots onto an iPad from a PS4

What you can do is send them to someone and then use the PSN messenger app to download the picture. You can then just upload to imgur if you have that app as well.

Troy1

Nov 5, 2017
Haven't played since Osiris, but I'm a little hyped for this. My characters are only 308 and I haven't kept up on all the changes so I feel really behind and lost.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Honestly, you cant make a good first impression twice. They can work as hard as they want right now but they lost a lot of people with the launch game. Most of those people are not coming back, no matter how hard they work now.

Next time, do your homework before the game actually launches. Not 6 months later.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017

I'd like to believe him, but it's too late at this point for me. Never been more hyped for a game than I was for D2, and never more disappointed after release. I deleted it, and I'm not coming back, even though I paid for the DLC. I hope they make it happen for those of you who stuck around.

Beegeous

Nov 6, 2017
Manchester, UK
My clan and I (Massive Todge for those wondering) adored D1 - we each put at least 1,500 hours into it. Unfortunately D2 disappointed us big time and we pretty much stopped playing after beating the CoO raid lair. With Warmind however we're all proper pumped and optimistic that the D1 style good times will be returning.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd like to believe him, but it's too late at this point for me. Never been more hyped for a game than I was for D2, and never more disappointed after release. I deleted it, and I'm not coming back, even though I paid for the DLC. I hope they make it happen for those of you who stuck around.

You should at least play what you paid for. I also paid for the DLCs and im gonna play them. Just dont ask me to put another dime into the game. Nothing wrong with that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, got booted from the game during the last match I needed for my IB emblem :'(

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so opposed to giving games another chance when the devs make changes that go in the right direction. This isn't 2002, a bad game doesn't stay a bad game forever anymore (Destiny 2 was never even a "bad" game overall, just terrible design choices)

You paid for the game, it was not what you wanted but down the road it shows signs of becoming what it could have been before ie: the game you looked forward to.

Is there any other reason to flat out refuse playing it other than complete and utter pettiness?

I just don't get this. You couldn't have been that hyped if you are so against reinstalling and seeing whats changed/fixed/improved upon.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Just had a great breakfast with my old man. Gonna hang out with him to kill time before the festivities later.

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the launch trailer. They do a great job with those. That got me really interested.
I couldn't help but see an exotic sword that had a particular twirling animation, and I thought of all those Dark Drinker posts you've made. This could be your answer.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how big the update will be?

These kind of comments from developers really break my heart. I never agree with screaming to devs that you don't like something, but in this case they've clearly got the message and are trying to fox things.
I absolutely feel for the developers. But it's about consistency. And they often do not have a choice in the decisions that lead to consumers having trust in a company. That falls on the leadership at Bungie and whatever agreements/concessions they made to Activision. I'm sure this is not the title and way Bungie wanted to make their game. But they made their bed.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so opposed to giving games another chance when the devs make changes that go in the right direction. This isn't 2002, a bad game doesn't stay a bad game forever anymore (Destiny 2 was never even a "bad" game overall, just terrible design choices)

You paid for the game, it was not what you wanted but down the road it shows signs of becoming what it could have been before ie: the game you looked forward to.

Is there any other reason to flat out refuse playing it other than complete and utter pettiness?

I just don't get this. You couldn't have been that hyped if you are so against reinstalling and seeing whats changed/fixed/improved upon.
Because it's not a second chance. They did this already in D1. We're seemingly stuck in a cycle with Bungie. I honestly can't blame people for sitting it out.

There's a reason they "Say the line Bungie" memes were so popular. They've handled it all quite poorly when you look at the time through D1 and D2. Very little transparency, tons or problems. Then repeating those problems somehow over and over again.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

I get why people have gotten to this point with Bungie. Half of those in my clan won't return. Too many chances have been given to them, they had 3 years of feedback on D1 to make D2 something really special.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
People being all "it's too late for me" as if you'd have to have some huge live changing investment to go back to playing some shooty shooty bang bang game.
It's 40$ in September. If you like what you see, buy it and have fun. If not, don't.
It's not "too late" to play or not play a videogame. You weren't "hurt" by a videogame not being exactly what you wanted when it released.
The only reason at all I could see is if your financial situation is so terrible that you had to save up the money for the game by foregoing other important things in your life and then being disappointed by the product.
Otherwise if you're someone who can buy a videogame without stressing about you rent or food money, I don't see any way shape or form how a videogame "wronged" you so badly that "it's over, it's done for me forever".
Like it just doesn't compute to me. If Bungie fixes everything you think is wrong with the game, you would just sit there and go "no I have taken a bloodoath to never play Destiny again!"
come ooooooon.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
Why the worries? This game will continue to evolve and change, and bungie seem to be listening. Dont forget ppl thought ff14 was dead. No reason to think Destiny2 can't have a 2nd chance. I think lots of ppl are going to be back with this dlc. The real qiestion is how long will that hold until The Taken Queen.

Nov 14, 2017
Ok, I'm in, played CoO campaign and barely anything else (raids, etc), let's see if this expansion will get me into D2 again.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. This completely snuck up on me (never thought that would be the case for Destiny dlc) and I'm home today so I'll check it out. Probably nowhere near the necessary light level to do any of the new stuff tho.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017

And I don't get how you don't see that reactions are subjective. I put in 1100 hours of Destiny, and I played a hundred or so hours of D2 through the first DLC. By the end of that time, D2 turned me off, completely. If I hadn't deleted it, I guess I'd play the DLC as I did buy the deluxe digital package, but I've moved on. I like to play one game for a long time, and right now that game is Monster Hunter World. I'm not interested in going back to D2 at this point. Down the line, who knows?