• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can u suggest a few obtainable guns for a pleb to run in PvE, like myself ? Thanks

Sure, here are some easy to get weapons:

[Vanguard]
Origin Story
Nightshade
Nameless Midnight
Curtain Call
Service Revolver
Positive Outlook

[Crucible]
Better Devils

[Gunsmith]
Manannan SR4
The Old Fashioned
Valakadyn

[Ana Bray]
Kibou AR3
Agrona PR4
Vacuna SR4
BrayTech RWP Mk 3 / Polaris Lance (part of the Nascent Dawn questline)

[Asher Mir]
Tarantula

[Devrin]
Hawthorne's Shotgun

These are all Legendary weapons

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I gotta know,

We all know Bungle made a lot of mistakes but why is there this feverish almost crusader--like fervour against Destiny in these parts?

Legit trying to get hyped for Anthem, but it was post after post of shitting on Destiny.

How can one game dominate do many minds? I don't understand.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I gotta know,

We all know Bungle made a lot of mistakes but why is there this feverish almost crusader--like fervour against Destiny in these parts?

Legit trying to get hyped for Anthem, but it was post after post of shitting on Destiny.

It's Bungie.

It's a franchise that was pitched with high expectations.

I was the first (?) FPS diablo-style loot and grind game, and everyone looking for that combination of experiences found it to be the only home.

It had some really good seasons and memories that came with them that people miss.

Destiny 2 attempted to water the grind down to make it more broadly appealing, but in doing so alienated the players who expected Destiny 2 to take the best of what D1 did and make it better. They in many ways did the opposite or otherwise learned the wrong lessons and made changes to the formula that people disliked.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta know,

Bungie is a big studio and the Halo games were some pretty influential things for people to grow up with

Think about the Nintendo presence on ERA or any other rabid fanbase

It can be intolerable in both positive and negative directions

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Edit : beaten on the tweet link.

Soundtrack vinyl set looks nice. I don't have a record player but it does include a digital download too.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta know,

You're surprised that a company who told gamers their characters would always carry over (oops all your loot and progress are gone, but hey at least you keep your face...sorta, we fucked that up too) created a sequel that nerfed everything good about the prior game, threw away a ton of the quality of life improvements made, and then turned the tower into one giant slot machine is hated? A company who charges full price for the game, 20 per expansion, and STILL managed to take as much of the things they knew their gamers liked and shove them into RNG-based lootboxes.

And when gamers basically revolted on Bungie's own forum asking for Tess to be removed, Bungie's response was "we're listening", and then released an Iron Banner emote for 10 dollars that can't be acquired by playing Iron Banner. When a company is that incredibly tone deaf and stupid, it's not hard to see why they get attacked. They deserve every bit of it. But it's still no less pathetic to see the same people who claim to have quit long ago say once again that they're still not coming back. For many of us who still play, the hate basically comes down to Destiny 2 ignoring everything D1 eventually got right in favor of trying to attract an audience of gamers who never stick around after the campaign ends.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
Sure, here are some easy to get weapons:

[Vanguard]
Origin Story
Nightshade
Nameless Midnight
Curtain Call
Service Revolver
Positive Outlook

[Crucible]
Better Devils

[Gunsmith]
Manannan SR4
The Old Fashioned
Valakadyn

[Ana Bray]
Kibou AR3
Agrona PR4
Vacuna SR4
BrayTech RWP Mk 3 / Polaris Lance (part of the Nascent Dawn questline)

[Asher Mir]
Tarantula

[Devrin]
Hawthorne's Shotgun

These are all Legendary weapons
Hey, thx for the feedback. Much appreciated!
Luckliy, as a 345 player, I have most of these.
Currently using

Nameless mid
Riskruner (which melts!!)
Sins of the past

On a side note, what's the closet gun comparable to the Monte Carlo from D1?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Currently using

Nameless mid
Sins of the past

The Nightfall exclusive auto rifle

I forget what its called. Oh yeah Duty Bound I think

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You're surprised that a company who told gamers their characters would always carry over (oops all your loot and progress are gone, but hey at least you keep your face...sorta, we fucked that up too) created a sequel that nerfed everything good about the prior game, threw away a ton of the quality of life improvements made, and then turned the tower into one giant slot machine is hated? A company who charges full price for the game, 20 per expansion, and STILL managed to take as much of the things they knew their gamers liked and shove them into RNG-based lootboxes.

And when gamers basically revolted on Bungie's own forum asking for Tess to be removed, Bungie's response was "we're listening", and then released an Iron Banner emote for 10 dollars that can't be acquired by playing Iron Banner. When a company is that incredibly tone deaf and stupid, it's not hard to see why they get attacked. They deserve every bit of it. But it's still no less pathetic to see the same people who claim to have quit long ago say once again that they're still not coming back. For many of us who still play, the hate basically comes down to Destiny 2 ignoring everything D1 eventually got right in favor of trying to attract an audience of gamers who never stick around after the campaign ends.
This goes back way before D2.

I would say you have some very good and understandable points but once again you are taking the actions of a developer very very personally. There's that overly emotional reaction that makes it seem like more than a video game.

The amount of time I have seen what I assumed were grown adults use the words 'betrayed' is staggering in reference to this video game is staggering.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa

IMO what Bungie should do for D3 is combine all D1 with D2 and make a D3. All loot, all gear, all planets, strikes, raids ect. We should be able to play all of destinys content expanding all games. It's lore\gameplay mechanics are the best in the biz.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This goes back way before D2.

I would say you have some very good and understandable points but once again you are taking the actions of a developer very very personally. There's that overly emotional reaction that makes it seem like more than a video game.

The amount of time I have seen what I assumed were grown adults use the words 'betrayed' is staggering in reference to this video game is staggering.
If I hand someone money expecting one thing, and I get something else instead, of course its personal. If it's not for you, you're the one with the issue. And the way I know I'm justified in feeling how I feel about D2 is that Bungie themselves have admitted they fucked up.

IMO what Bungie should do for D3 is combine all D1 with D2 and make a D3. All loot, all gear, all planets, strikes, raids ect. We should be able to play all of destinys content expanding all games. It's lore\gameplay mechanics are the best in the biz.

Yeah. Jettisoning everything D1 had along with its quality of life advancements was so incredibly stupid.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Currently using

Nameless mid
Sins of the past

600 RPM autos are in a pretty good spot. For kinetic you have:

The Doubt (FWC faction)
Forward Path (Iron Banner)
Scathlocke (EDZ reputation)
Duty Bound (Savathun's Song nightfall exclusive reward)

And in the energy slot:

Martyr's Make (crucible)
Galliard-42 (gunsmith)
Null Calamity 9 (mercury prophecy)

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If I hand someone money expecting one thing, and I get something else instead, of course its personal. If it's not for you, you're the one with the issue. And the way I know I'm justified in feeling how I feel about D2 is that Bungie themselves have admitted they fucked up.

Yeah. Jettisoning everything D1 had along with its quality of life advancements was so incredibly stupid.
Like Dream_Vision said, they went chasing butterflies and tried to expand their audience and threw away all depth that was their main fuck up.

But taking personally implies they tried to intentionally screw you over or con you. And I don't think that was the case is all. The seething venom aimed at them much like Sean Murray and folks at hello games is fucking embarrassing.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like Dream_Vision said, they went chasing butterflies and tried to expand their audience and threw away all depth that was their main fuck up.

But taking personally implies they tried to intentionally screw you over or con you. And I don't think that was the case is all. The seething venom aimed at them much like Sean Murray and folks at hello games is fucking embarrassing.
If that was their one mistake, maybe it would be understandable. But then they compounded it with the tone deaf Christmas event. And then multiple PVP events that had major bugs that were never addressed. And then the 20 dollar joke of an expansion named Osiris. And then most recently the mind-boggignly stupid changes to heroic strikes and the insane proclamation that EP was designed this way for 3 players. The reason a lot of people have a problem with Bungie is they have a long history now of making the most dumbest of decisions. It didn't start, or end, with what happened to D2.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it doesn't give you a choice of weapons if you've already picked one on another character. I chose Graviton Lance first on my titan playthrough and on my hunter yesterday it only gave me a choice of sunshot.
I don't think that's it either - I got GL on my Titan around then, I think. My first exotic weapon. And the Warlock I'm leveling up got Riskrunner. Dunno where I got Sunshot, I guess.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
All of my guardians have NM gear. I want more NM shaders. But for the first week, I basically have pledge to DO if I want to upgrade my Graviton as early as possible.

And there is your meaningful choice right there. Working as intended.

Bungie fucked up with the Account Pledge

It's fine to criticize and debate decisions but every post from you seems like you get really upset by anything Bungie does and start lashing out.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

It's fine to criticize and debate decisions but every post from you seems like you get really upset by anything Bungie does and start lashing out.

Meaingful my ass. Again, factions being timed events is so stupid. It's an artifical means of extending and creating content. It creates anxiety where I'm afraid to miss out. There are only three rallies this season. You miss one, you're fucked.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think you're fucked, I'm sure they will come up with something. They just need to dangle a carrot for people to login for

You of all people should be the least anxious

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
QP should be 6v6 - it's a nobrainer.
I'd be in favor of that. Competitive could be the same gametypes in 4v4, the trials playlist not on the weekend would work the same as the current comp playlist and then you have your rumble and mayhem each week. I don't mind the 4v4 stuff, but I just have no interest in countdown or survival. There are fewer playlists than there were in D1, adding a permanent 6v6 to go along with 4v4 should not be detrimental to the player population.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I dont think you're fucked, I'm sure they will come up with something. They just need to dangle a carrot for people to login for

You of all people should be the least anxious

I mean, yeah, I will definitely be grinding my ass off. Still, not everyone has the luxury to devote as much time as someone like me. I do think about other players besides myself :p

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
I got my last exotic from Xur today, all I have left to collect are The Legend of Acrius and Rat King. So long tentacle face o/ Pity I won't look forward to him coming anymore though.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I applied for the DestinyEra PC US 3 Clan. I don't know who's in charge of it to PM them, so I thought I would post about it in here. My Battlenet name is the same as on here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the faction rally doesn't require us to play the Nightfall, as I sit here staring at the little icon telling me that I cannot play it this week because I lack the DLCs. That'd be a hell of a kick in the teeth.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I hope the faction rally doesn't require us to play the Nightfall, as I sit here staring at the little icon telling me that I cannot play it this week because I lack the DLCs. That'd be a hell of a kick in the teeth.

Faction Rally has never required that. Renown seems to focus on activities in patrol areas, mostly lost sectors. So you should be fine.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
the hate basically comes down to Destiny 2 ignoring everything D1 eventually got right in favor of trying to attract an audience of gamers who never stick around after the campaign ends.

Destiny's always been hated and there's no rational or logical reason for it, It just always was. People romanticize D1, but from the day D1 out, youtube was littered with comments how the game was dead, trash, etc. Now there's this revisionist history that D1 was widely loved, no it wasn't! D1 was hated from the day it released! The so called golden era of crucible for example, was really just a bunch of people bitching about how blink shotty was OP. I was there...

This is similar to Crysis. I was there in 2007, Crysis was widely considered buggy shit. Now there's revisionist history for some years that it's great. It was never considered great in 2007, I remember defending it in 2007 from hordes of people on forums telling me how shitty Crysis was, and not one person agreeing. It's also similar to Lebron, people hate Lebron, and they will rationalize it a million ways, all of which are lies. No, they just hate him is the facts.

That rant aside, I do find it funny that warmind's relative popularity proves to me that "fixing" D2 means mostly adding grind. So simple. I've stuck with it longer than most expansions for the simple reason, it's taking me longer to hit the level cap! And there's some pretty grindy exotic quests, EP which is fairly grindy, and crucible ranks are another long grindy thing. And that's it! Destiny halfway fixed. I will say Bungie is a little slow on that one. Just add some stupid counter that goes up, probably takes 5 minutes to code, and we'll all be addicted much longer LOL.

The main things that kept me in D1 for example in the long years 2 and 3, were grimoire score, and record books. Both removed from D2, both EXTREMELY grindy.

I literally sat there like an idiot and ground out 100 rumble wins for the grimoire,, at a winning rate of (probably) something like 1 in ten. Hundreds of hours probably for that one alone.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hate and sarcasm only makes me stronger
Maybe you'll soon be good enough for Trials
200.gif

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

you're probably right, maybe I'm not the intend target audience.

I always regarded Factions with a sense of Agency where character A is pledged to Faction 1, character B is pledge to Faction 2, and character C is pledged to Faction 3.

since day one of Disntiny 1, I took Factions really seriously and continued to do so in Destiny 2 despite it being changed to an event every month-n-a-half.

but the Account based pledging kind of kills all sense of character creation where I set out my characters to be what they are set out to be.

I be damned if my Warlock ever drops Future War Cult for the Dead Orbit zealots. but eh, they have the Exotic Armor Catalyst assigned to Warlocks bruh,