• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They've yet to manage to make a compelling campaign, so I'd rather the annual pass focus on end game and updates rather than adding useless campaign missions tbh.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, just sorta setting aside my issues with the price (which is my one major hangup here)… Forsaken looks pretty fuckin' dope. I like the looks of the new areas and enemies a lot, and the changes to the systems look very cool. I'd like to have heard more about skills and the specifics of how weapons work now, but I guess they'll be teasing that out over time. More specifics are needed, but if I can find a decent price on everything, and the outline they presented in the stream today gets filled in well, I'm definitely in. Maybe not for the annual pass though, I need to see more examples of what's included.

One thing I'm a little bit confused about that I'm hoping people can clear up for me (stream crashed during the annual pass discussion for me, so I might've missed it) - how does the weapon slot changes work with the ammo system? Do weapons just inherently require ammo types, independent of slot? Or if I put a sword in my first slot, it'll use white ammo, and my second uses green, and third purple? If they keep the ammo grouping as-is, using multiples of one type is gonna introduce some supply issues that could end up forcing you into the same arrangement we have now.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So, just sorta setting aside my issues with the price (which is my one major hangup here)… Forsaken looks pretty fuckin' dope. I like the looks of the new areas and enemies a lot, and the changes to the systems look very cool. I'd like to have heard more about skills and the specifics of how weapons work now, but I guess they'll be teasing that out over time. More specifics are needed, but if I can find a decent price on everything, and the outline they presented in the stream today gets filled in well, I'm definitely in. Maybe not for the annual pass though, I need to see more examples of what's included.

One thing I'm a little bit confused about that I'm hoping people can clear up for me (stream crashed during the annual pass discussion for me, so I might've missed it) - how does the weapon slot changes work with the ammo system? Do weapons just inherently require ammo types, independent of slot? Or if I put a sword in my first slot, it'll use white ammo, and my second uses green, and third purple? If they keep the ammo grouping as-is, using multiples of one type is gonna introduce some supply issues that could end up forcing you into the same arrangement we have now.
I don't think bungie explained how ammo will work.

We will see soon considering people will get to play the game on the show floor at E3 next week.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The complete absence of Luke was refreshing. They couldnt help Bungo-ing it up at the end though with the really weird description of the season pass.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that they are actually re-working the classes and skill trees. This basically just came off like "Oh you get some new supers now."

demi

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone crying they cant get the EP Sniper, Forsaken has you covered

De8LZaoVAAAnWmb.jpg

demi

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone crying that they still dont have a Catalyst, Nascent Dawn has you covered

De8h_bbUYAAKLud.jpg

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck I actually don't know what to pick.

I want the FWC Sunshot catalyst.

DO has a really good handcannon and GL catalyst.

NM has the Titan ornament.

eclipze

Oct 28, 2017
...and why wouldn't you have to buy it? BTW, you bought CoO and Warmind too.

Well, because I would have already payed for it if it was included in the Deluxe Edition, hence not having to buy it at the time it comes out because I had already paid for it. Pretty simple concept.

And for your captain obvious statement, not sure where you get off on the condescension. Having a bad day?

Oct 27, 2017
Well, because I would have already payed for it if it was included in the Deluxe Edition, hence not having to buy it at the time it comes out because I had already paid for it. Pretty simple concept.

And for your captain obvious statement, not sure where you get off on the condescension. Having a bad day?

The first Year 2 major fall expansion was never going to be included in the Year 1 season pass, hence the "Year 2" moniker.

Last edited:

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Hows the farming for faction ranks going, doable in one week for average play for level 50?

i think it is.
was doing a little math with the squad. Its 20 tokens a rank and rank 50 needed for the catalyst.

youll need about 143 tokens a day. The first chest i opened gave 40 (renown at 5, plus daily faction quest tokens)

each run of a lost sector with renown at 5 is 10 tokens.
a run without renown gives 1.
you lose renown if you fast travel, but not if you go zone by zone on sparrow.

grinding out 1000 tokens in a week? doable.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
Ugh, enduring the dumpster fire that is D2 PvP for 3 matches to complete the Nascent Dawn quest step has just about drained any will I have to play for the rest of the evening. Win or lose, PvP makes me feel like I'm being beaten to within an inch of my life.

chur

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like doing Call to Arms.

Oh look, mayhem is up. That should be relaxed enough.

I got matched up against Gigz and his friends twice. Lol.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA

The deluxe edition you purchased clearly stated it only included 2 expansions.

Just like d1, which had a season pass and did not include TTK which was a separate purchase.

If you wanna avoid additional dlc purchase with a destiny game the best bet seems to wait 1-2 years from launch and buy the collection edition then that includes all previous dlc and the base game for $60. Of course we have no idea when destiny 3 is coming so that could be this year's bundle or it could be next year's if they pull an ROI...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Are the faction boxes inside lost sectors supposed to give tokens? They aren't for me.

Almost completed Mercury lost sector with 5 Renown and died to blowing up one of the boxes at a reasonable distance. This is apparently today's tilting point for me.

edit: also patrols can give exotics? wut?

Last edited:

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like that PVP was barely mentioned today in the reveal. Maybe Bungie finally gets that their own PVP is shit and PVE is the star of the show. Fingers crossed.

No, people were exploiting them so the stopped it. Don't know why they haven't removed them.
Because now you have to shoot X amount of them just to get some tokens.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So did the Lost Sector at 5 Renown and it gave me 5 tokens, was I supposed to get anything else? Was in the milestones list so wasn't sure.
It also got rid of all 5 stacks of Renown lol.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
So did the Lost Sector at 5 Renown and it gave me 5 tokens, was I supposed to get anything else? Was in the milestones list so wasn't sure.
It also got rid of all 5 stacks of Renown lol.

think of it as spending Renown to open the chest on top of having the key. youll spend the 5 stacks. you shouldve gotten 10 tokens.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
New Monarchy has the best looking gear. FWC has the sidearm and sunshot catalyst but Dead Orbit has the Lance catalyst which is going to be useful for PVP.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have the Graviton Lance yet...

I really like the Sunshot, so I was thinking FWC. But all this hype around GL has me second guessing. Is GL still good if I avoid PvP like the plague?

SolidSeminole

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure who to pledge to. I've pledged to NM and FWC but never DO. Mainly because I like the shaders and armor better. But those catalysts have me really thinking. Dammit man.

Oct 27, 2017

ok lol i was gonna ask where the hell luke smith was is he workin on destiny 3 or something i thought he was this dlc's director...

it looks amazing im hyped and triggered at the same time.

also i fucking swear on me mum if we dont get 600 LL level 50 i wanted soooo bad just to get 500 but 215 points to grind for will last months and months if there isnt any cheese. but deej said it was "placeholder" numbers if so thats a dick move and just spitting in fans face. :/

also not really liking the renown system for factions you gonna take your sweet time with lost sectors at 5 renown i feel you can warp around and do 5 PEs in about the same time.. and get your 25 tokens 5 each heroic PE, also it was shitty to take away your renown if you use warp.. :( im NM even though i know DO is gonna win but NM armor looks better.

looks amazing but i swear most of this stuff should have been in d2 base game also i wanted a new new super but i wonder if its just one new tree per class or one for each subclass per character is 9 new supers in all??? probably the fitst one. :( ok cool beans just watch byf's new video and its 9 new supers... :0

Last edited: