• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
When doing the flashpoint on mercury, look for yellow bar mercury guardians. They count towards flashpoint just like the PE does.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Do you get faction tokens for strikes? If not, EDZ it is. Can't wait to finish up work and play tonight.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doing this weeks Flashpoints after playing on Mars for so long really highlights how bad of a public space Mercury is. Is there a method of getting it done quickly? The public event seems to barely pop up at all and when it does there are no other players around to help out. Wandering around killing the yellow bar enemies seems to take so long.

I'm really liking the Faction Rally though. It makes patrols tense for the first time ever.
The nice thing about the heroic PE on Mercury is that it can easily be soloed. They give you a lot of time to clear each section. Took me two heroic PEs a few yellow bar kills and a couple lost sector clears to hit 100 percent. The place is crawling with yellow bars when its the Flashpoint location.

Do you get faction tokens for strikes? If not, EDZ it is. Can't wait to finish up work and play tonight.

Yes. Strikes and raids give some. Not nearly as much as you'll get just going from PE to PE on EDZ or Nessus.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the season pass worth $20? Seems like people are enjoying Warmind? Is there is any great seasonal loot I would miss out on by waiting for a complete edition in September?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Is the season pass worth $20? Seems like people are enjoying Warmind? Is there is any great seasonal loot I would miss out on by waiting for a complete edition in September?

WE dont know

The smart thing would be to just get Forsaken for now and wait for the Winter trailer before diving into the Expansion content

That said... I didnt even take my own advice and bought my next year of Destiny lol

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm at 340 light and primarily a solo player what should I do to go further beyond ?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WE dont know

The smart thing would be to just get Forsaken for now and wait for the Winter trailer before diving into the Expansion content

That said... I didnt even take my own advice and bought my next year of Destiny lol

People have been freaking out in the other thread about the price and that you should wait and see on the mini-expansions but even if Forsaken is a bit of a mess and doesn't deliver what we're expecting fully, it's still going to give you 100+ hours of new gameplay and at the end of the day the $/time value is completely worth just going all in from the beginning.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No I mean is the CURRENT season pass worth $20? I don't own it now, but it's on sale for the next six days.

I think Warmind is a good DLC for PVE. Curse of Osiris on the other hand landed with a turd on cement. Unfortunately to play Forsaken you will need to buy both. Doesnt mean you actually have to play it, though...

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the Renown system. Got my 5 stacks and then a taken blight pub event I'd been ignoring moved directly on top of me & a bunch of blueberries kite the Heroic boss and his adds near the corner I'm trapped in:

giphy.gif

I mean, yeah, losing one stack isn't a big deal, but I love how it's transformed the mood of patrol from chill to tense.

Game changing modifiers to spice up the replayability of the daily/weekly grind and activities, I've been asking for this forever now. I wish Bungie had more free reign or drive to do this more often (like the wasted opportunity to give us a weekly Destiny 1 Nightfall-like campaign playlist as another activity similar to Halo w/skulls).

That said, I don't like how renown can seep into Escalation Protocol.

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm not really sure what Bungie was going for with the way they structured the Faction Rally. There's a ton of activities in the game, so steering people towards possibly the most boring combination of patrol/PE then Lost Sectors seem strange (and I generally like the world activities). Perhaps Lost Sectors was the hardest activity they thought they could use the debuff mechanic for without being overly punitive? Still the cycle doesn't appeal to me very much. I do think the idea of a persistent debuff across activities to create tension is a cool one.

My dream for faction rallies has been crucible made up of teams of just people pledging that faction, but I don't know what challenges there are to making that happen.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mercury should be taken out of the rotation for flashpoints until its reworked or redone as a destination. Its just awful.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Warmind is a good DLC for PVE. Curse of Osiris on the other hand landed with a turd on cement. Unfortunately to play Forsaken you will need to buy both. Doesnt mean you actually have to play it, though...

Are there any must have weapons in COO? I mainly just want to get the gear so I don't have to bother with old bad content in September. And if I buy the season pass can I skip straight to Warmind to so I can do the faction rally or would I be too underleveled? Hell I don't even know my level. Haven't played D2 since like October.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
No I mean is the CURRENT season pass worth $20? I don't own it now, but it's on sale for the next six days.
Depending on whether you want to play the full year 1 now, or if you can wait till September to see how exactly 2.0 and Forsaken further improves the game.

Currently the only worthwhile part of CoO is the raid lair, and if you really want it, the dozen powerful rewards from the campaign and forge weapons, everything else is super forgettable.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any must have weapons in COO? I mainly just want to get the gear so I don't have to bother with old bad content in September. And if I buy the season pass can I skip straight to Warmind to so I can do the faction rally or would I be too underleveled? Hell I don't even know my level. Haven't played D2 since like October.

There are several weapons from the forge (lost prophecies) that are very good like the Jack Queen King, Traveler's Judgment, Perfect Paradox, and Infinite Paths. Can't think of others from the top of my head, but there's good stuff there for sure.

You can't go to Warmind immediately, because you'll probably be underleveled. You'll have to put in some work to get your PL at the right level. Shouldn't take too long tho.

Like I said in my previous reply to one of your posts, even as a primarily solo player (like myself), I think $20 is worth it for the expansion pass.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Hmmmmm

Hard to say. Warmind is great fun and we still have a meaty summer update planned for July

Then again they plan on doing a Mega Bundle for Forsaken that will include everything... that I anticipate to be 60 bucks (20 for all the old and 40 for the new) so either way you likely end up paying the same amount to stay current honestly

So yeah... Just buy in if Warmind catches your eye. Its good fun!

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
The Dead Orbit arm ornament says "Get Hive kills using fully charged melee abilities while pledged to Dead Orbit". I've made it to 2% but I can't get to get it to go any higher? I'm doing exactly as is asked but it's stuck at 2%.

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on whether you want to play the full year 1 now, or if you can wait till September to see how exactly 2.0 and Forsaken further improves the game.

Currently the only worthwhile part of CoO is the raid lair, and if you really want it, the dozen powerful rewards from the campaign and forge weapons, everything else is super forgettable.

I just want the rewards, specifically the forge weapons and Paradox shotgun in COO. Don't really care about the rest of it. I didn't think about how Forsaken could improve old content, but I don't think it would change much for previous content considering how short the campaigns are.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the rewards, specifically the forge weapons and Paradox shotgun in COO. Don't really care about the rest of it. I didn't think about how Forsaken could improve old content, but I don't think it would change much for previous content considering how short the campaigns are.

Yeah I am very curious how much of an impact and extension it will provide to old content....

I mean we are getting Mod system rework, Masterwork system changes, and Armor Perks/Mods/Mastework changes as well

Forsaken could have a massive impact on Vanilla Destiny potentially (not to mention the systemic weapon slot changes) but thats assuming they dont just apply the changes to new content only (which I find doubtful)

There is so much to consider here it makes my head spin

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for the Sunshot catalyst. Graviton is already good enough and could wait.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I managed to hit 25 with DO before work. I might just grind out the other 25 levels when I get home tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
If you enjoy Destiny, then yes. If not, then no.

I do enjoy it, but I got bored with it though. After over 6 months away I have an itch to play again now, especially after yesterday's reveal. Lots of gear to chase and I have been wanting to use exotics now that they are actually good!

Yeah I am very curious how much of an impact and extension it will provide to old content....

I mean we are getting Mod system rework, Masterwork system changes, and Armor Perks/Mods/Mastework changes as well

Forsaken could have a massive impact on Vanilla Destiny potentially (not to mention the systemic weapon slot changes) but thats assuming they dont just apply the changes to new content only (which I find doubtful)

How would a rework affect people that already collected of the gear though? Would it just automatically apply random perks to your collection? They definitely would not make us grind it all again.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I do enjoy it, but I got bored with it though. After over 6 months away I have an itch to play again now, especially after yesterday's reveal. Lots of gear to chase and I have been wanting to use exotics now that they are actually good!

How would a rework affect people that already collected of the gear though? Would it just automatically apply random perks to your collection? They definitely would not make us grind it all again.

No it would probably be for all future drops while you continue to play vanilla post patch

Sorry but Im lacking any further details. We have more questions than answers at this point but you do get all the System changes for FREE when forsaken comes out

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the faction rep is going by wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than I thought it would. Titan is fantastic.

Also this is the new PvEvP mode. Only difference is that STO's version the combat really sucks, there are more team based puzzles with matchmaking and instead as a PvP attacker you assume the role of an enemy when attacking the other team. The space map has an actual full squad PvEvP component at the end.

Not my vid, but a decent overview of one of the maps.

Oct 27, 2017
How many hours? I only reached 10

I did the Flashpoint, Heroic Strike, Call to Arms, Nightfall, and Clan XP Milestones yesterday (Prestige Nightfall as well) on three characters and got roughly 400 tokens which got me to 20. I wasn't even really thinking much about faction rep, it was happening in the background sans for the three Lost Sectors I ran (one on each character).

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I did the Flashpoint, Heroic Strike, Call to Arms, Nightfall, and Clan XP Milestones yesterday (Prestige Nightfall as well) on three characters and got roughly 400 tokens which got me to 20. I wasn't even really thinking much about faction rep, it was happening in the background sans for the three Lost Sectors I ran (one on each character).

I have one character so it's gonna suck

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
How many hours? I only reached 10

Not really sure to be honest. Not much, but "not much" for me is different for someone else. It's not like I was up all night grinding. In fact, I logged out pretty early. Spent too much time in the last few days staying up all night trying to get that stupid ass Huckleberry catalyst.

I did get the Skyburner's catalyst yesterday though.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Pretty sure all the mechanics changes like weapon slots, collections, mods and such are all free for everyone. You strictly pay for new content only.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure all the mechanics changes like weapon slots, collections, mods and such are all free for everyone. You strictly pay for new content only.

yeah I know that

What I dont know is if... unique and considered changes are coming to OLD gear

Will Planetary Armor sets get unique armor perks or will there just be generic armor perk pools shared amongst all armor. Will Leviathan gear change? (probably just have raid perks set as intrinsic and free up the mod slot)

What about EP armor. They did say they ran out of time to "add perks to EP armor" but I dont know if that means its coming in September

Once we get more details on armor changes it should clear the fog up a bit. I do have a feeling that Armor perks will be simply shared and rollable/basic in order to still allow most sets to have freedom but I am hoping for Unique perks and maybe ever Set bonuses and leave Mod Slots for customizing with perks you want to carry with you from piece to piece

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Grinding strat?

I was assuming it'd take around 10 hours total if I did an EDZ grind loop but always looking to shorten that if possible.

Daily milestones on each character help a lot. Be sure to wear a full set of faction armor. Doing a heroic PE will automatically give you 4 stacks for renown. If there is a high value target near by, kill it, if not, just go to the neartest lost sector and complete it. Rinse and repeat. EDZ is definitely the best place to do that.

I did a Prestige Leviathan too. I got between 20-25 tokens total by doing that.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
yeah I know that

What I dont know is if... unique and considered changes are coming to OLD gear

Will Planetary Armor sets get unique armor perks or will there just be generic armor perk pools shared amongst all armor. Will Leviathan gear change? (probably just have raid perks set as intrinsic and free up the mod slot)

What about EP armor. They did say they ran out of time to "add perks to EP armor" but I dont know if that means its coming in September

Once we get more details on armor changes it should clear the fog up a bit. I do have a feeling that Armor perks will be simply shared and rollable/basic in order to still allow most sets to have freedom but I am hoping for Unique perks and maybe ever Set bonuses and leave Mod Slots for customizing with perks you want to carry with you from piece to piece
Unlike Destiny 1, where they literally left all Year 1 players behind, every system changes they make now will have to cover all players regardless of DLC ownership so I'm fairly sure our old gear will also be updated to the new system. Think about what we have now, the base game players are for the most part, playing the same game as us, the biggest difference would be content and content only.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Destiny 1, where they literally left all Year 1 players behind, every system changes they make now will have to cover all players regardless of DLC ownership so I'm fairly sure our old gear will also be updated to the new system.

yeah its gonna be crazy

Playing Vanilla D2 is gonna feel like playing a new game in many ways

Imagine booting up D2 after quitting after the main campaign and replaying it in September? o.O

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This bad boy came out with CoO. It might be in the exotic loot pool even if you don't have the DLC, though? Not really sure, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

destiny-2-crimson-stats.jpg

Last edited:

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I was hoping that the season pass would be on sale on the UK PSN like it is in the US but no dice. Fingers crossed they'll drop the price sometime soon.