• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm pledging to new monarchy, do not like hand cannons so dont care for crimson catalyst, do not give a shit about sweet business (weak catalyst anyway)

But NM has a antiope class SMG and a really good sidearm with kill clip I believe.

I feel like IB is just a bunch of noob sitting ducks if you play it with GL after handicapping yourself with no GL for a few days. Just slaughter 'em.

Also I shit talked Winter Wolf but then I suddenly thought, that's Kinetic, it would be fun to pair with GL so I can go half-meta without gouging my eyes out. And, I like it. Cool sight.

I do sense some range duplication though, since GL is too good. You have to use Winter Wolf in that loadout because you want to, not because it's best for the job, sometimes.

But yeah GL is absurd, the way it gets those kills on stacked up enemies,

Oh yeah, everybody turn your resilience to 5 kiddies. I had forgot about that, but it prevents GL from being a 2 crit 1 body kill.. Since I'm always trying to be off meta that could be really helpful in trying to outgun it.

I think I run 4/5/4 now. Really dont care too much, just some vague idea that it would be good to be somewhat balanced. I cant buy into the mobilit fad yet.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pledging to new monarchy, do not like hand cannons so dont care for crimson catalyst, do not give a shit about sweet business (weak catalyst anyway)

But NM has a antiope class SMG and a really good sidearm with kill clip I believe.

I feel like IB is just a bunch of noob sitting ducks if you play it with GL after handicapping yourself with no GL for a few days. Just slaughter 'em.

Also I shit talked Winter Wolf but then I suddenly thought, that's Kinetic, it would be fun to pair with GL so I can go half-meta without gouging my eyes out. And, I like it. Cool sight.

I do sense some range duplication though, since GL is too good. You have to use Winter Wolf in that loadout because you want to, not because it's best for the job, sometimes.

But yeah GL is absurd, the way it gets those kills on stacked up enemies,

Oh yeah, everybody turn your resilience to 5 kiddies. I had forgot about that, but it prevents GL from being a 2 crit 1 body kill.. Since I'm always trying to be off meta that could be really helpful in trying to outgun it.

I think I run 4/5/4 now. Really dont care too much, just some vague idea that it would be good to be somewhat balanced. I cant buy into the mobilit fad yet.

Crimson?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
First you think Borealis is on Xbox and now you think Crimson is part of Faction Rally. You high bud?

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Factions came to quick imp since there's only one more left until forsaken, you'd have thought maybe mid July perhaps or towards end of July and then one in August.
My guess is that they saw the complaints about the grind and decided to squeeze in a 4th (or even 5th maybe) rally in, to give players more opportunities to level their ranks. I think we could see two or three more after this one.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So my first Faction Rally since the change... and I gotta PE and Patrol up to 5 renown in between each Lost Sector?

Oct 27, 2017
Tess is selling the Sleeper ornament outright (800 Bright Dust) and the Warmind "Reboot" transmat effect (600 Bright Dust).

Still no Warmind shaders though. Come on Bungie.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tess is selling the Sleeper ornament outright (800 Bright Dust) and the Warmind "Reboot" transmat effect (600 Bright Dust).

Still no Warmind shaders though. Come on Bungie.
I used all my facets to get that Sleeper Ornament and then this cheeky blue fuck sells it directly the very next week.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is that still a thing? Wearing a set gets you more experience?
Do you need the class item or just the 4 armor pieces?

All of it. Makes it so that a PE gets you 4 renown and then all you have to do is one patrol. Or hell, just run a lost sector with the four renown you get. It's only a two token difference from five renown.

Oct 27, 2017
Been on Nessus for about 45 minutes and have seen exactly one other player the whole time whether it be by fast traveling or using the sparrow to get to the next PE it has been a ghost town. Constantly re-loading in and still no one.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Been on Nessus for about 45 minutes and have seen exactly one other player the whole time whether it be by fast traveling or using the sparrow to get to the next PE it has been a ghost town. Constantly re-loading in and still no one.

That's cause everyone is on EDZ and/or Titan for the fastest, most efficient token farm. No one gives a shit about flashpoint.

Oct 27, 2017
That's cause everyone is on EDZ and/or Titan for the fastest, most efficient token farm. No one gives a shit about flashpoint.

I'd rather knock out nearly half of the needed tokens while mixing up some activities by simply doing the weekly Milestones before entering the mundaneness of staying on one destination and repeating the same boring activities over and over.

I can't wait until random rolls return so actual rewards and actual engram drops out in the wild might become useful and exciting once again thus giving weekly Milestones and just normal drops more meaning.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Theres no reason to do Flashpoint if youre max anyway. Grind baby grind

Well, yeah, but that's not my point but rather variety of activities and locations in the game is. I've only done the Nessus Flashpoint and the Heroic Strike Milestones on one character and I have 120 tokens. Once I do the Call to Arms, Normal/Prestige Nightfall, and Faction Rally: EDZ Milestones I'll be in the 175 range, now multiply that by 3 and I'm over half way to Rank 50 which makes the grind much more palpable to me.

Folks can play however they want for different reasons but for me I'd much rather mix it up a bit rather than stay on the same destination doing the same monotonous activity(s) for 6-8 hours.

You aren't getting anything extra for getting something slightly quicker in Destiny.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
First you think Borealis is on Xbox and now you think Crimson is part of Faction Rally. You high bud?

BTW why wouldn't I think Borealis was on Xbox? I'm supposed to know every single gun out of one thousand?

Whatever, Sunshot I guess. All hand cannons are the same to me, tee hee.

I just hope it doesn't become crucible king or something and I miss out! Oh well, slim chance of that as GL will still be way better.

I wonder if they're going to have to provide a way to get catalysts laters. Scenario:

With the cat, Sunshot becomes cruc king (unlikely but for discussion sake).

BUT of course many players later dont have it and can never get it now leading to...unfair advantage!

Kinda like when some people had Eyesluna but a lot didn't and it created imbalance. Bungie was forced to address that by making Palindrome easily vendor obtainable.

Also i had no idea Faction rally was today. Seems WAY too soon.

Looking at FWC to me they have an interesting 390 pulse, 45 mag, that's a lot. No damage perk but, still.

But likely gonna pledge NM for reasons stated before.

Not grinding 50 packages this week.

Editz: Got the double valor reset crucible shell. Doesn't seem to have special perks, ho hum, looks decent I guess.

Going for the Beidenhander NM SMG, gonna take ten levels. I didn't wanna grind but...

Honestly since I dont know say, EDZ sectors much, I think it's more efficient to just grind Titan EVEN vs the daily challenges.

I honestly feel beastly in crucible rn. Maybe the best I've ever felt since Destiny began. Maybe I need to start trialsing or something...

Anybody know where to get that transmat called "celebrate newness" (looks like fireworks)? And also the one that kinda looks like a fire angel, I think it's called Dominus Ghaul, maybe?

I kinda hate how it's hard to figure out how to get a cosmetic you like. I did get the selfie/tweeting whatever emote though, nice! I wanted that as much as luxury toast.

Last edited:

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
Tried getting the Worldline catalyst hit in for 3 level 7 bosses. None of them triggered it. Wonder if there's a particular way to hit this ogre's back, or if I'm just unlucky for the last 20%.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
FkByIwVh.jpg

Took about 7 hours. Not too bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty well tonight I start back with the hunter because meh, what backlog right?

Can you join a clan from early on to start getting bonuses?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else like the Mihaylova warlock armor set?
It think it looks good with the right shader.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else like the Mihaylova warlock armor set?
It think it looks good with the right shader.
It's got that kinda unfortunate effect (kinda like the Titan [the moon, not the class] set) where it looks like a repurposed modern-day spacesuit in a lot of ways. Can't say I'm a fan.

For my part, I prefer my Titan to look like a high-tech Space Knights (most of my gear's Karak-22), Warlock to look like a fantasy or ethereal figure (still trying to settle on gear), and Hunter... well, not sure yet. Still leveling him up.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
got 15 levels with FWC today, struck out on titan chest armor each time...gonna call it a day though, there are only so many podcasts i can listen to.

thanks for removing the ability to buy armor directly with tokens, bungie.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
lzL8rMi.jpg

1LtwhpL.jpg

250 multi kills wasn't too bad. I got all of the Titan ornaments too. Now I have the rest of the week to leisurely get the NM ornaments on my Warlock and Hunter. Good thing I already have full armors sets too.

By the way, I don't know if you guys already knew, but new catalysts and masterworks we're revealed earlier.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...rmed_exotic_catalyst/?st=JIWCU4CV&sh=67eb9dbc

usmI37A.jpg

kJceda5.jpg

I really hope the RNG isn't too bad for Acrius, RNG or Telesto. Having to run 9 raids every Tuesday is just a pain the ass. Now, if they only drop from the bosses, then just doing Calus, Argos and Val Ca'uor checkpoints isn't too bad and won't take too long. I don't imagine Prestige being all that difficult for Eaters or Spire. Leviathan is a breeze.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Suros could be worth looking out for in cruci with health regen. Maybe anyway.

On another topic, The way blues drop at 380 after hitting 385 seems wonky. I seem to get 380 blue weapons much more than 380 armor, if ever. Also certain slots for me like fusion rifle seem to drop tons of 380 vs others. Also, if it's random 375-380, that's a 1 in 6 chance any given drop is 380, but it seems way lower than that. Although for all I know that's working as intended.

I swear stupidass Bungie cant code a random number generator correctly. Story of Destiny, lolers.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ok, I grinded a bit for Bidenhander from NM. Was excited to test the range as there was scuttlebutt it could challenge antiope, as it was listed with a bugged zoom factor like anti (used to be).

Well, not so much. Tested against a interceptor (unscientifically), I got the following. All longest range perks and scopes always selected for all weapons unless noted. I got the following for damage dropoff, listed as the meter where damage first decreased. And again I wasn't super strict about it

Anyways Beidenhander dropped off at ~24 meters. Around 23 meters with extended mag selected instead of hi cal rounds (which ups the mag from 26 to 30). That's vs anti at 26. For a couple other common SMG's, Stochastic Variable drops off at 18 meters with phase change/600 RPM. 20 meters with accurized rounds/900 RPM. Heros Burden dropped off at 21 meters (was surprised how high as my memory had it at like 17 meters).

For other perks, well off the bat while I feel kill clip is overrated, it's still a valuable damage perk. Vs Beidenhander having ambitious assassin which basically, yech. So, strike 2. Also, anti has a bit more stability, although both are monsters compared to other SMG's in stability. The handling, AA, recoil direction are similar between the two.

So what possible advantages over anti could Beiden have? Well, you can go to a 30 round mag whereas if you take off ricochet rounds (which costs range) on anti the best you can do is 28. And the other thing is simply hi cal rounds, which used to be highly prized but seems to me to have fallen out of favor a bit.

Well I'll say this, if anti didn't exist, I expect Beidenhander would be the meta king based on it's 2nd best in class range and ease of use/stability. However anti does exist...

Anyways time to take it in crucible, have not yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hunter ornaments done.
Warlock ornaments done.
Titan ornaments done.
Sunshot masterwork completed.

Good day's work was good and this Sunshot looks good in my trophy case next to my GL. I guess I'm done for the week unless I get the PvP itch (very likely).

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
How many more faction rallies are left this season? I kinda want the Graviton Lance catalyst but the grind is awful.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Tried using the lance against the better lance. Did not go well.
oh, Polaris vs Graviton?

God bless.

I think the only times I'd be willing to take that fight would be like:

- Midtown, way in the back of the market vs the Low Street bridge
- Vostok, way in the back of C near where the power ammo spawns vs the rocks leading to B.
- Alter of Flame, standing on the blocks near B vs standing on the blocks or lowground near A, cliff-side.
- Radiant Cliffs, maybe standing near A where the power spawns vs near the stairs behind A?
- Meltdown, on the outside looking toward the other spawn, cliff-side

Like...not many long range positions where GL/VW loses. Maps just aren't long enough for scouts to enjoy the advantage they get at longer range where GL/VW struggles. But if you can get someone to think they can win those fights against you in those scenarios just becuz GL/VW...ez money. That's how I finished my Jade Rabbit MW off in a day, anyway.

How many more faction rallies are left this season? I kinda want the Graviton Lance catalyst but the grind is awful.
Hard to say, as I didn't expect a second one this soon. I assumed one each month. Clearly there will be at least 3, but beyond that is really hard to say.

That being said, is there any reason to believe the same catalysts won't return for Year 2 Season 1 Faction Rallies? Did they suggest these were Season 3 exclusive?

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how rare catalysts are already, I'll pass on running 9 raids a week for those

Oct 27, 2017

Someone here said it was confirmed yesterday that there would only be three, no idea if that is actually the case or not. If so it seems rather weird considering how close together the first two were.

I hope they have plans to add different mechanics for future (Year 2/Season 4, etc) Faction Rally events besides just "renown."

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Goals:

- Finish Worldline Zero (last hit!)
- Get Luxurious Toast (for the love of god)
- Graviton Lance Catalyst (11/50)
- Teabag Dead Guardians who still dont know how to do the motherfucking blight PE
- Avoid Crucible like the stain it is

- Pee
- Get last Emblem variant from Spire

Good start