• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Complete five heroic strikes with an IKELOS weapon equipped.

UGHHHHHHHHH
yea its really shit I just did the new exclusive ps strike and it didnt even fucking count... also it has some terrible collision detection the boss room feels like glue - ____- also the strike boss is a straight fucking bullet sponge, the modifiers arent even that bad..i was hoping this strike would be awesome but nope.... never again. :/

just as a tip though you dont have to have it equipped the whole strike just put it on before the boss is dead... but still im liable to forget so i just leave it on most of the time.....

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
yea its really shit I just did the new exclusive ps strike and it didnt even fucking count... also it has some terrible collision detection the boss room feels like glue - ____- also the strike boss is a straight fucking bullet sponge, the modifiers arent even that bad..i was hoping this strike would be awesome but nope.... never again. :/

just as a tip though you dont have to have it equipped the whole strike just put it on before the boss is dead... but still im liable to forget so i just leave it on most of the time.....
Yeah no way I would risk that. I'd end up forgetting or something. I'm just going through them not even using the gun, and using my crimson.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, what're the new gameplay hooks this time around? i.e. What's the gist of the current grind?

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Hey guys, what're the new gameplay hooks this time around? i.e. What's the gist of the current grind?

The grind sucks, but there's a lot more to do collection / quest wise. Also 2-3 new stiles and all NF's now have unique loot. Raid Lair drops Friday, old raids drop high level gear making them worthwhile to run.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah no way I would risk that. I'd end up forgetting or something. I'm just going through them not even using the gun, and using my crimson.

also i seen in an unknown video today if your at the part of the sleeper quest for 5 heroic strikes once your in the menu if when you select the strike play list it names out the strike back out because it wont count toward the quest...
starts at 9 minutes in the video....
-_-
dat QA team bungle..

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I just have no idea what to expect from Fall's Expansion. Bad have a bad feeling.
I expect something like TTK, in terms of scope at least so I've a good feeling. I know it's not a popular opinion online, but I still really like and trust Bungie. Everybody makes mistakes. They just went down the rabbit hole, unfortunately.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Warning!

DO NOT activate any Sleeper Nodes before having the "Nodes and Protocols" part of the Sleeper Simulant quest.

Whatever nodes you activate will not register retroactively. So do not do them until you have that part of the quest

Friend of mine just got screwed big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, I feel you. I think they were trying to make all 3 classes viable in all ways and missed the mark some. Overall I still feel like Titans are super viable for PVE, just maybe not up to the D1 levels of it. Barricade can be a real must have and just in general I enjoy the feel of Titans, the jumping and what, more than the other classes. Either way good points all around and hopefully they do a pass at all the classes and subclasses in the coming updates. Improvements for sure need to be made to all of them.

I think Titans are fine in PvP for the reasons that make them feel good to play, the jumps and the knees and all that. A simple fix is to just let you pick between armor of light and weapons of light with the bubble tree and it fixes the titan. Assuming we don't get a 4th subclass this next expansion, which I don't think we will see until D3. I just liked the feeling of being useful, I'm not the best Destiny player, but I knew if I threw a bubble with weapons in the back I was contributing. Now I need all this skill to be good, but I suck lol.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Warning!

DO NOT activate any Sleeper Nodes before having the "Nodes and Protocols" part of the Sleeper Simulant quest.

Whatever nodes you activate will not register retroactively. So do not do them until you have that part of the quest

they can repeat anyways. it just kind of sucks if you did a few before.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Warning!

Well this is just silly.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I think the PVE is in a decent place right now sans the heroic bullshit.

PVP is cancer imo. They have no vision whatsoever as to how they want it to play, and this goes beyond balance issues and to more foundation level stuff that can only be fixed in a full sequel.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Some folks dismiss them but that doesn't mean the majority of players feel that way. Players are allowed to Raid and enjoy a challenging strike as well.

I think the Heroic Strikes are great as is with the added modifiers.

The current iteration of the Nightfall is the bigger problem in that either version is basic/boring compared to running the supposed step down Heroic Strikes.

I get it but why not just add a pesteige heroic strike list or something? I doubt I would even have an issue if the lvling nerfed so badly. Having one of the only "mid game" activates be a higher lvl they anything you get from it is insane. I'd suck it up if there was some goal to get to but there is nothing. Nightfall have exclusive gear and are easier then the mid game strike list.

In the end they took the chill slow grind play list and turned it into a harder nightfall playlist with out any of the perks of the night fall. Also didn't replace it with anything.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I think they know what they want to do with PvP and what people want too, but I think it's near the bottom of the to-do list. The only issue is with map size and spawns. They were all done with 4v4 in mind so it's hard to change that when your original vision never had 6v6. I'm sure they thought people would enjoy the smaller teams in PvP, but a lot of their ideas failed.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Is anyone following along with the Rasputin chamber puzzle stuff going on?

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/8ibe9i/rasputins_chamber_puzzles_megathread/

OmIVH0b.jpg

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Warning!

Not sure what your issue is. Nodes repeat, it isnt a one and done thing.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
Uh shit, thank you. I had no idea.
Yeah, I didn't either, so was pretty happy to see it. Haven't touched my other guys yet because transferring gear without one of the apps is a nightmare.

Reading through that thread and seems like it works. Though some people are saying you have to login to ALL of your characters, so if you play on multiple platforms you may have to sign in to those as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The thing I think that are totally awful beyond words are like the Vanguard items and ornaments... They look like greens, the ornament for like 50 strikes or whatever what in the fuck is that lol I mean it's so bland, like that's where this game needs to get better

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Was doing the post game missions and ran into some of that new escalation protocol mode. What the fuck is even the point of it. Can clear up to the boss easy enough with a lot of people yet the we can't do shit to the boss. Best we out of all the tries was to get it to about 1/8 of health left. It's like Bungie is so paranoid people are going to play there fucking game they wanna do anything to slow them the fuck down. I know my favorite thing in a game is wasting my time and getting nothing for it. Quick tip Bungie running head first into an impassible wall is not fun gameplay.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I think that are totally awful beyond words are like the Vanguard items and ornaments... They look like greens, the ornament for like 50 strikes or whatever what in the fuck is that lol I mean it's so bland, like that's where this game needs to get better

i don't know how anyone thought those bland ass ornaments were anything close to okay

there's something really wrong at bungie in certain regards

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Not sure what your issue is. Nodes repeat, it isnt a one and done thing.

Yes, I know they repeat. Let me explain again.

Some people I know are preemptively activating nodes before being on the Nodes and Protocols part of the Sleeper quest. A friend of mine did five if them. Upon getting to that part of the quest, it says his progress was 0/15 and not 5/15, as he expected.

So, DO NOT activate any nodes until you have Nodes and Protocols.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
Was doing the post game missions and ran into some of that new escalation protocol mode. What the fuck is even the point of it. Can clear up to the boss easy enough with a lot of people yet the we can't do shit to the boss. Best we out of all the tries was to get it to about 1/8 of health left. It's like Bungie is so paranoid people are going to play there fucking game they wanna do anything to slow them the fuck down. I know my favorite thing in a game is wasting my time and getting nothing for it. Quick tip Bungie running head first into an impassible wall is not fun gameplay.
Well the LL is 370 on it, and with the update there were changes to damage and stuff against higher level guys, (which is why doing the 350 strikes under leveled has been tough) think it's closer to D1 now where a few levels under and you're really getting your ass kicked and not kicking much in return. It would be nice if they surfaced the LL for it somewhere, haven't actually finished the story yet so I've yet to activate one, though have tried it after running into it randomly.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how everyone has spent the better part of a year demanding that Nightfall strikes have matchmaking......and now that Heroic Strikes are as hard as Nightfalls, everyone is complaining.

Oct 27, 2017

This should have been it's own mode with full matchmaking, etc. The most players I've seen is 4 and we can get the Ogre down to about half of the last third of health but that's it. Increased PL will obviously help.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I know they repeat. Let me explain again.

Some people I know are preemptively activating nodes before being on the Nodes and Protocols part of the Sleeper quest. A friend of mine did five if them. Upon getting to that part of the quest, it says his progress was 0/15 and not 5/15, as he expected.

So, DO NOT activate any nodes until you have Nodes and Protocols.

Yes I did this too, I still finished the quest fine. Again idk what the issue is

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well the LL is 370 on it, and with the update there were changes to damage and stuff against higher level guys, (which is why doing the 350 strikes under leveled has been tough) think it's closer to D1 now where a few levels under and you're really getting your ass kicked and not kicking much in return. It would be nice if they surfaced the LL for it somewhere, haven't actually finished the story yet so I've yet to activate one, though have tried it after running into it randomly.

This should have been it's own mode with full matchmaking, etc. The most players I've seen is 4 and we can get the Ogre down to about half of the last third of health but that's it. Increased PL will obviously help.

Why not start 1st round at 340 (good end campaign PL) then go up from there. It's a total turn off finding these activates in normal game areas that aren't playable. Archon forge did this concept way way better. Used to sit in there for many gameplay session getting armor. Even when people popped the hard ones and couldn't help at least there was the easy ones that were fun.