Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've lost all control. I did two Nightfalls(Norm/Prestige) on each of my characters. So that was an hour or so. What proceeded was 20 runs of EP without getting the damn sniper. That's all I did yesterday. My God.

Just give us tokens, which we can use to buy the weapons we want.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is the entirety of PvP Vigilance Wing or am I just having a weird streak of being exclusively killed by Vigilance Wing

PvP Meta - Overall - destinytracker.com

Graviton Lance Pulse Rifle 13.1%
Vigilance Wing Pulse Rifle 12.0%
Antiope-D Submachine Gun 3.8%
Sins of the Past Rocket Launcher 2.3%
Unknown Unknown 5.0%

Me and my GF bought the game on PC with the Humble Bundle. We have been stuck at 260 for 2 weeks now and we are getting bored...

That's a bummer. Yeah the only thing you are missing out on is the Raid but it is one of the better pieces of content in the game. Definitely an oversight on bungie's part not to adjust the leviathan back to 260 especially with all the people coming in through humble.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I don't think people have quite caught on to Crimson just yet. I see it more often than before but it'll get more prevalent. Unless I have a bad read on the meta.

I faced a Hunter with high mobility and shooting me from across the map. Shit was bonkers. Totally outgunned my VW.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I faced a Hunter with high mobility and shooting me from across the map. Shit was bonkers. Totally outgunned my VW.

Yeah. The MW range will make the gun better. In addition to the exotic perks on it and it'll get way more mileage. ESPECIALLY in 6v6 where reloading is the devil.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bummer. Yeah the only thing you are missing out on is the Raid but it is one of the better pieces of content in the game. Definitely an oversight on bungie's part not to adjust the leviathan back to 260 especially with all the people coming in through humble.
Yeah, I recently bought my friend D2 through HB, but if max light is 300 and 300 is cap for Vanilla D2 players, what's the point. I told my friend D2 shines with it's raids, but I feel like I might lose him before even getting to it...

It wouldn't be a problem if they just let vanilla players level up though.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I recently bought my friend D2 through HB, but if max light is 300 and 300 is cap for Vanilla D2 players, what's the point. I told my friend D2 shines with it's raids, but I feel like I might lose him before even getting to it...

It wouldn't be a problem if they just let vanilla players level up though.
I'm where you guys are (well, 265, so close). You're gonna have to bite the bullet and bash your head in trying to do the Nightfall, the Heroic Strikes, or other milestones for powerful engrams, plus loading Legendary Mods into your gear. I think that if you can get past 267 (just my guesstimate, I'm getting 258 power blues at 265), you'll start getting blues that you can infuse into stuff to raise its base level again, but where you are now you're stuck if you just try and do the same content you did before.

Honestly, it's so frustrating, because when I'm playing the game I absolutely adore it but it's just riddled with these baffling nonsense design decisions. Why put the recommended scaling level for the next-level content 10 levels above the best gear you can get without it? Where's the sense in that?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's their way of saying, BUY. THE. DLC.

Warmind is way better than Curse of Osiris.
Maybe I'm just crazy but that just makes me want to buy it even less, lol.

Not to mention that buying Warmind without Osiris just jacks up the recommended light levels even further past what I can actually play. Both of my Light 340+ friends with the DLCs see a recommended level of 350 on the Nightfalls and Heroics, I don't want to be shut even further out!

(It also doesn't answer why the 10 light level gap exists even for people with the DLC. Shit's wack.)

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm where you guys are (well, 265, so close). You're gonna have to bite the bullet and bash your head in trying to do the Nightfall, the Heroic Strikes, or other milestones for powerful engrams, plus loading Legendary Mods into your gear. I think that if you can get past 267 (just my guesstimate, I'm getting 258 power blues at 265), you'll start getting blues that you can infuse into stuff to raise its base level again, but where you are now you're stuck if you just try and do the same content you did before.

Honestly, it's so frustrating, because when I'm playing the game I absolutely adore it but it's just riddled with these baffling nonsense design decisions. Why put the recommended scaling level for the next-level content 10 levels above the best gear you can get without it? Where's the sense in that?
For leveling up without raids or DLC the best way is create 3 characters. One of each class. The weapons that you level on one character automatically increase the power level of drops on the others.

Level each to 265 by doing Public Events, normal strikes, and crucible matches , and by crafting +5 legendary mods and infusing every piece of armor and 3 weapons with them which should get you to either 265 or 270.

Then on each character do the following, all on one character then on the next for maximum leveling.

1. Flashpoint milestone
2. Call to Arms milestone
3. Nightfall milestone (get someone to carry you if you want/can to make this faster)
4. Heroic strike milestone (same)
5. Clan XP milestone

In between turning in each milestone check the drop level of legendary engrams from Token vendors such as Shaxx. If the level has gone up and it's possible you could improve a slot, buy items until you have all slots at the best they can be.

Do not turn in the clan xp milestone this week as it's bugged until May 29 patch.
It will auto decrypt Tuesday and help.

Doing this every week on 3 characters would get you to 290 after a few weeks at which point you can do the normal mode Raid.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Not to mention that buying Warmind without Osiris just jacks up the recommended light levels even further past what I can actually play. Both of my Light 340+ friends with the DLCs see a recommended level of 350 on the Nightfalls and Heroics, I don't want to be shut even further out!

(It also doesn't answer why the 10 light level gap exists even for people with the DLC. Shit's wack.)
Regular nightfall stays at 270 regardless of DLC ownership though, and that is a lot easier than heroics.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

It is a questionable business practice, but I don't blame them. They wanna make money and get people invested and committed to on going and future content. It's a persistent, service driven game.

However, there are better solutions. They need multiple difficulties for end game content to satisfy those without DLC and those who own it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
For leveling up without raids or DLC the best way is create 3 characters. One of each class. The weapons that you level on one character automatically increase the power level of drops on the others.

Level each to 265 by doing Public Events, normal strikes, and crucible matches , and by crafting +5 legendary mods and infusing every piece of armor and 3 weapons with them which should get you to either 265 or 270.

Then on each character do the following, all on one character then on the next for maximum leveling.

1. Flashpoint milestone
2. Call to Arms milestone
3. Nightfall milestone (get someone to carry you if you want/can to make this faster)
4. Heroic strike milestone (same)
5. Clan XP milestone

In between turning in each milestone check the drop level of legendary engrams from Token vendors such as Shaxx. If the level has gone up and it's possible you could improve a slot, buy items until you have all slots at the best they can be.

Do not turn in the clan xp milestone this week as it's bugged until May 29 patch.
It will auto decrypt Tuesday and help.

Doing this every week on 3 characters would get you to 290 after a few weeks at which point you can do the normal mode Raid.

Well when you put it all out there it seems perfectly reasonable. A few weeks of work playing three different characters on a rigid schedule to bypass the gates and get one of them into the endgame content. Sensible.

(/s)

Regular nightfall stays at 270 regardless of DLC ownership though, and that is a lot easier than heroics.

Ah, interesting. Hadn't realized that, about the Nightfall scaling. It was a lot easier when we tried it as a group, though, so I suppose that makes sense.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well when you put it all out there it seems perfectly reasonable. A few weeks of work playing three different characters on a rigid schedule to bypass the gates and get one of them into the endgame content. Sensible.

(/s)
Yeah it was much easier at launch. The changes they made to fix end game progression for people who own all the DLCs, have 3 characters, and have access to existing endgame content are hitting people without any DLC too hard IMO. It was too easy to level up before causing people to quit playing so they fixed that for those of us who have the season pass, but those fixes impact base game owners too much.

They should just bring NM leviathan back down to 260 I think and it would fix all the issues. There's really nothing else gated by level, just the raid.

Alternatively maybe the heroic strike fix next week will help you. If it applies to base game owners...

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I did, but now I look like an idiot carrying around two grenade launchers. There was this one Guardian in patrol just following me around and using the disagree emote on me. Now I've become the laughing stock of this game. They're all pointing and laughing at me.

And get this, I wake up today to do the flashpoint with my Hunter. Get an exogtic engram from a heroic event. Noice. Go back to decrypt it and it's the Jade Rabbit. Gross, but I guess I might as well have it to complete the collection. Turn in my milestone for the flashpoint a few seconds later and I get JADE RABBIT AGAIN.

IS THERE SOME KIND OF SPECIAL THIS WEEK? BUY ONE GET ONE FREE? MY CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN.
yeah i thought they added in exotic duplicate protection?? smh

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was much easier at launch. The changes they made to fix end game progression for people who own all the DLCs, have 3 characters, and have access to existing endgame content are hitting people without any DLC too hard IMO. It was too easy to level up before causing people to quit playing so they fixed that for those of us who have the season pass, but those fixes impact base game owners too much.

They should just bring NM leviathan back down to 260 I think and it would fix all the issues. There's really nothing else gated by level, just the raid.

Alternatively maybe the heroic strike fix next week will help you. If it applies to base game owners...
Yeah I'm surprised this isn't pushed more base game owners are a small minority.
The people that are playing Destiny the majority if not all are on WM so the LL isn't a problem. But base game owners are screwed and there's LITERALLY nothing we can do. I'm assuming Soft cap is 265? It should be 300 since thats the raid. The fact that I'll have to grind for weeks with my friend to get to raid just doesn't seem feasible.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit just got caught in that Lake of Shadows glitch. How have Bungie not already removed that strike from rotation until they fix it? They're usually super-quick disabling stuff that allows for cheesing and exploits but something that doesn't affect player progression? Nah we'll just live it for now.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can I ask has there been an issue with bundled xur exotics disappearing?

I bought some exotics from xur with ornaments attached in season 1 or 2 maybe? but I no longer have any of them, saw one of the guns and it said I already it in my collection, when I check the collection tab it's not there.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't get how we don't have animated emblems yet? COD has had them for years now.

Hell we don't even have emblems on the illustration level of blops1 yet

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask has there been an issue with bundled xur exotics disappearing?

I bought some exotics from xur with ornaments attached in season 1 or 2 maybe? but I no longer have any of them, saw one of the guns and it said I already it in my collection, when I check the collection tab it's not there.

It will only say "already in collection" for ornaments, not exotic weapons themselves. Maybe you own the ornaments but not the exotics?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I found out that people have different pronunciation for Antiope. How are you guys pronouncing it?....

fuk-dat-gun

Because everyone is using it on me and I don't have it.

I feel like all I use in PVP is Vigilance Wing and Graviton Lance. Never find a good opportunity where I can use a secondary weapon besides that and think to myself its a good idea using it. Hell, even during close encounters, I still just use the pulse rifles. I can never feel comfortable switching to any auto rifle or SMG. Not even Uriel's anymore.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
ugghh, yup. Like across the map, better than most Scout Rifles..........

I should probably get that masterwork then.. I really don't enjoy the long range meta though.

I have fully masterworked crimson and I'm not finding this to be the case. Shooting from B point on Distant shores down toward the power ammo spawn, the damage nerf from range is already severe (I think I had bullets hitting body shots for only 8-9 which is at least 50% drop off). It's good but in true long range an actual scout will still be king, and it still doesn't have the range of a D1Y1 HC.

Still a ton of fun though.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The Ana Bray scout feels pretty good imo, like a D2 VoC.

I've been pairing it with an Antiope, one for close range and one for long range.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
fuk-dat-gun

Because everyone is using it on me and I don't have it.

I feel like all I use in PVP is Vigilance Wing and Graviton Lance. Never find a good opportunity where I can use a secondary weapon besides that and think to myself its a good idea using it. Hell, even during close encounters, I still just use the pulse rifles. I can never feel comfortable switching to any auto rifle or SMG. Not even Uriel's anymore.

Suros ain't bad.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It will only say "already in collection" for ornaments, not exotic weapons themselves. Maybe you own the ornaments but not the exotics?

Did xur even sell bundles in destiny 2? I think I'm getting my destiny games confused possibly, although I wouldn't have purchased an ornament for a weapon I didn't have. Maybe I unlocked it via play.

Ach well cheers for the reply, it was only one weapon I saw on an exotic engram preview and thought, wait a sec I own that already, looked and it wasn't there.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Warmind has made big strides for PVE and its going in the right direction. Some issues with progression that should be easily solvable. September should be the Taken King experience all over again.

PVP on the other hand is a lost cause, when it really shouldnt be.

Comp is mind boggling bad. I have worked up to about 650 and now dropped back to 600 and by this point I can safely say it is the worst, most awful thought out PvP mode rank system that has ever graced gaming with their shitty matchmaking. The losing streak is simply atrocious.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The Ana Bray scout feels pretty good imo, like a D2 VoC.

I've been pairing it with an Antiope, one for close range and one for long range.

What makes me sick is I had an antiope early on and not being a fan of smgs I sharded it. Although I typically know better to always keep one of every gun early on, however it was so early i assumed if it's good I'll get another.

Haven't seen one since and that is a lot.. Of engram turn ins with banshee. It's like it drops 1 per account and that's it. I even checked the engram to land it and negative.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What makes me sick is I had an antiope early on and not being a fan of smgs I sharded it. Although I typically know better to always keep one of every gun early on, however it was so early i assumed if it's good I'll get another.

Haven't seen one since and that is a lot.. Of engram turn ins with banshee. It's like it drops 1 per account and that's it. I even checked the engram to land it and negative.

I didn't get another Antiope until earlier this week. Got two actually. But my first one is Masterworked so I vaulted the extras cuz they're such rare drops.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I feel like I've had it early on but scrapped it as well. I can't get it at all despite all of the engrams I've been through. Just keep getting the same weapons over and over again. Hell, I can't even get that mananananana scout rifle or whatever its called, and I know I had it but scrapped it. But apparently its good and I want it but I can't get it.

Banshee needs to have a weekly sale of different legendary weapons you can just buy from him. There has to be some sort of alternative to this purely RNG system. The fuck kind of weapons merchant doesn't actually sell weapons.