Bugged Achievements and how to “not include” them
  • OP
    OP
    Nephtes

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
    But... that's still not a bad achievement type, it's a bug in the game. this this case it's an egregious, shitty thing for the developers to not only not fix it but to hand waive it by just saying to play the game again.

I consider it an achievement type: "Bugged Achievement" and developers can stop "including them" in their games by fixing them when they're reported. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know, it made sense to me.
    It just seems like 8 times out of 10 the community discovers a bugged achievement and developers don't do anything about it... and it's my biggest issue with Achievements. The lack of sympathy from devs when their code is bugged. It can really ruin my enjoyment of a game when the Achievements don't work, but rarely it seems do developers care about this kind of bug. Only visual issues or game crashes... which are important too, don't get me wrong. But yeah I'd like more care and attention given to the system's underlying Achievements in games.

As many have said here, it seems like often times they're an afterthought more than something baked into a game. And that's a shame since they're one of my favorite additions to games in the last 15 years.