noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have probably 30-40 older devices (iPads, iPhones...etc) that are no longer being used at my job... this is either due to damage, or the devices being slow and obsolete to us.

I tried reaching out to our Verizon business account but they seem not to have any sort of trade-in program.

Curious if anyone has advice on off-loading some of these devices for some money. I don't expect thousands of dollars or anything, but if we could get at least something I'd be happy about it.

Any advice is appreciated thank!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Probally Ebay Most trade in places will give next to nothing but ebay you prob could sell varying on condition for a decent price.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If they're all smart devices and you just want the easiest method possible of unloading them all at once, you can sell them to a site like Gazelle: https://buy.gazelle.com/

They will make you an offer on each device and you can send all of them to them in one box. It doesn't require any real effort on your part. I have done this several times in the past. You would get more money putting in the time to sell them individually on eBay, but it's also a considerable amount of effort to list, sell, then ship 40 different devices and then manage the liability for them all if anything goes wrong.

Oct 26, 2017
yo_dawg.jpg

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
As others have said, selling them on eBay a la carte is going to net you the most money. If you don't want to fool with that, or even shipping them, Best Buy still has a trade-in program and can sometimes give decent amounts of credit (not cash) for them. I've traded in several old work devices to Best Buy for money to buy games and controllers, etc. Gamestop does this too but unless you are a power up member and their running some sort of promo their offers can be lowball. The good news is both of them will tell you trade-in values on their websites so you don't have to go to the store just to see.

Obviously you will need to properly wipe and sanitize any data from these devices prior to doing anything with them like that. With Apple devices especially, it's important that they not be tied to anyone's Apple ID since that will basically make them useless to anyone else. If this is not possible for any reason (the person no longer works here, we don't have the purchase receipt, etc.) then you're fucked with that device and must dispose of it properly.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Probably the worst route but you could look up if there are any EcoATMs in your area. Basically scans your device and gives you a few bucks for an iPhone 6 for example....

EcoATMcloseup99.jpg

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
for the love of god please ensure you wipe them before you offload them.

OP
OP
noomi

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Appreciate the replies everyone, thank you!

If they're all smart devices and you just want the easiest method possible of unloading them all at once, you can sell them to a site like Gazelle: https://buy.gazelle.com/

They will make you an offer on each device and you can send all of them to them in one box. It doesn't require any real effort on your part. I have done this several times in the past. You would get more money putting in the time to sell them individually on eBay, but it's also a considerable amount of effort to list, sell, then ship 40 different devices and then manage the liability for them all if anything goes wrong.

I looked these guys up, just wanted confirmation that they are actually legit. Not looking to make a ton of cash, honestly just easiest way to get rid of them. Money going back to the business anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

Probably the worst route but you could look up if there are any EcoATMs in your area. Basically scans your device and gives you a few bucks for an iPhone 6 for example....

EcoATMcloseup99.jpg

Havent't heard of these, I'll check it out thanks. Would be weird putting in 40 devices into one of these though haha!

for the love of god please ensure you wipe them before you offload them.

Of course :D