Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why that could be. Either people just don't want Resident Evil on Switch, or people didn't want to be gouged on the price that badly. But which is it? Hmm

Capcom you so silly

The real issue is: if RE games have lukewarm sales, will Capcom blame Switch's audience and later pull off any future RE title for Nintendo systems? Because that's clearly seems to be the case. DMC looks like that as well. I mean, it's not like they weren't warned or something, even the press made a statement about this. I think Capcom is just waiting the opportunity to find an excuse to justify their move.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Kind of a crapshoot in terms of pricing. Okami HD and Onimusha were fairly priced, solid re-releases. Then you've got the overpriced Resident Evil games on Switch, which so far have been an expensive "fuck you, pay us, we're not telling you anything" situation. You've got Ultra Street Fighter II going for $40, and the Mega Man Legacy Collection going for $15. Capcom's re-releases are usually of good quality on the Switch (which is good, since apparently that's all Switch owners are getting), but their pricing is all over the fucking map.

There is a chance they'll price it the same as Onimusha and Okami.

Maybe Capcom sees their RE games has some kind of premium franchise they feel they can get away pricing higher.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
yea like mortal kombat. oh wait.

QdJwNG0.jpg

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Those that are saying Dante will be in smash, you forget he is already there.

would be cool if he does get in smash though.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy. I can't wait for the solo release of DMC 2! /s

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's Switch support continues to be abysmal.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Website says digital only, but we could have assumed that. Because Capcom.

Really would like to see them put an actual new game on Switch at some point. Zack and Wiki 2 maybe?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's Switch support continues to be abysmal.

Yet they're still are not the worst. Scummy yes, but at least they're bringing games to Switch. The way Ubisoft treats the system makes me mad. Only way they make games for Switch is when Nintendo lend them franchises to work on. I'd be really surprised if they have anything for Switch after that AC3 port (that doesn't involve that rabbit things).

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The idea that they might release DMC2 as a standalone game in 2019 is incredible.

They couldn't possibly do it, right?

Right?

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Yay just what everyone wanted, an stand alone release of a single game ina HD collection, plausible for the price of the whole collection
/s

And capcom can run away with it in a win/ win scenario.
If people bend the arm and buy it, profit for capcom.
If people say FU. Capcom plays the "we tried but obviously Switch audiences dont like this type of games" card, thank to the never ending stigma that Nintendo users only like kiddies and/ or Nintendo branded games

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Just DMC?

Liamneesonwhywhywhywhy.gif.

I feel this is more of a test of how far Capcom can go with standalone releases and their pricing. The Switch currently is the ideal platform to publish re-releases for and getting more money out of it because Switch owners keep on buying software.

A real damn shame that Capcom is taking this road.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
The irony is Nintendo platforms can get fucked either way : either people don't buy enough software and "it seems third party games don't sell on this platform so we chose to bail out" or "hey people buy lots of software Let's take advantage of this and release old stuff at an higher price point than anywhere lol"

I'm waiting for the price but even at $20 it will be scammy compared to the collection.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I will wait with my usual "Get fucked, Capcom" comment because maybe it's not a total rip-off this time.
Maybe switch owners get the entire collection for a reasonable price

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will wait with my usual "Get fucked, Capcom" comment because maybe it's not a total rip-off this time.
Maybe switch owners get the entire collection for a reasonable price
10$ is really only price where this ends up being good, since if all games release, you can pick and choose rather than be forced to buy all of them, for the same total price if you buy all three.

I don't see it happening, though.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I feel like this should be like $10. Maybe $15, I'd potentially go for it at that price, otherwise I'm not even a little interested in them not just doing the entire trilogy.

And yeah, I know there is no way it's gonna be $10

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
10$ is really only price where this ends up being good, since if all games release, you can pick and choose rather than be forced to buy all of them, for the same total price if you buy all three.

I don't see it happening, though.

I dare to bet my left arm that this will be 29.90.
I mean, fucking capcom are charging 29.90 for RE4 next month.

sooo,yeah, go to hell capcom. just in case

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The chances for Dante coming to Smash suddenly got a lot higher. And lol at just one game and not the collection. Capcom are going to fleece us, i'm sure.