• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
It's fucking nothing.

Honestly the official gamescom trailer probably spoiled more than this.

And it's from the prologue it seems. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, since we are talking leaks, here's like entire story leak. It's unconfirmed but so far, nothing we've seen contradicts it, few things actually line up with it.

>Game starts in media res with Nero finding Dante beaten and meeting V
>He is defeated by the guardian of the tree who is selecting the next King of Hell
>Cuts back to how Nero got there then leads into V rescuing them and fighting his way to where Trish is after they get separated
>V is a new character, an investigative journalist who learned to tame demons by finding journals of the Cult of the Savior and other magic texts
>Dante takes over final portion of the campaign after getting Sparda from Trish and heads back to the tree
>A fruit is being grown on it with human blood, whatever demon offers the most to it will be given it and made king through it by the guardian
>Dante stalls the guardian while it jumps back to Nero who retrieves the fruit and goes to destroy it until he realises Dante is still losing and about to die
>V jumps back in and Nero feeds Dante the fruit to save his life
>Dante transforms into a kaiju sized Devil Trigger and sends the demons back to hell with an order, the guardian consents as he is king
>Dante forever descends to hell to rule it and prevent another demon invasion, while asking Nero and V to keep an eye on Earth as there'll always be humans who summon them into the world despite his actions
>Nero opens his own place with V acting as his fixer who investigates work for him and Lady and Trish take off to do their own shit

If we are only allowed to discuss the small video leak, my bad, I'll delete this.

I only read like a fourth of that but I'm really down if that all is the case

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That was really not much of a spoiler. The game having an in-media-res opening is whatever - those kinds of intros are super "in" nowadays, so I'm not surprised they're doing it.

Beyond that...ehh. Cool Lady's wearing pants.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Lady with pants

Lol at how this is like the most significant thing to get from this vid

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So, since we are talking leaks, here's like entire story leak. It's unconfirmed but so far, nothing we've seen contradicts it, few things actually line up with it.

>He is defeated by the guardian of the tree who is selecting the next King of Hell
>Cuts back to how Nero got there then leads into V rescuing them and fighting his way to where Trish is after they get separated
>V is a new character, an investigative journalist who learned to tame demons by finding journals of the Cult of the Savior and other magic texts
>Dante takes over final portion of the campaign after getting Sparda from Trish and heads back to the tree
>A fruit is being grown on it with human blood, whatever demon offers the most to it will be given it and made king through it by the guardian
>Dante stalls the guardian while it jumps back to Nero who retrieves the fruit and goes to destroy it until he realises Dante is still losing and about to die
>Dante transforms into a kaiju sized Devil Trigger and sends the demons back to hell with an order, the guardian consents as he is king
>Dante forever descends to hell to rule it and prevent another demon invasion, while asking Nero and V to keep an eye on Earth as there'll always be humans who summon them into the world despite his actions
>Nero opens his own place with V acting as his fixer who investigates work for him and Lady and Trish take off to do their own shit

If we are only allowed to discuss the small video leak, my bad, I'll delete this.
Sounds plausible to be honest.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is gonna have a season pass. I'm assuming Vergil and Trish/Lady campaigns.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

That's a super, super disappointing end-state for the series moving forward if that's what actually happens. Christ.

Dec 2, 2017
Itsuno retiring Dante and putting Nero as the new poster boy would be such a power move

I thought that was rather obvious? Nero as the new poster boy was meant to happen in DMC4 and now it is actually happening. They called this game the conclusion of the Sons of Sparda story line in a press kit. But I still wonder where Vergil is.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That video was something alright. It's definitely spoiler filled. Too bad it got leaked for Capcom. Hopefully nothing else gets leaked though, not a good look.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I thought that was rather obvious? Nero as the new poster boy was meant to happen in DMC4 and now it is actually happening. They called this game the conclusion of the Sons of Sparda story line in a press kit. But I still wonder where Vergil is.

I wouldn't say obvious, the conclusion of a storyline doesn't mean the end of the characters in it. It wasn't written in stone that Nero was going to remain as a mainstay, though he is Itsuno's baby at this point.

But yeah, we might expect Nero to take the place of Dante instead of just being the "sidekick" that makes Dante look good

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bet you have one more fight with Vergil playing as Dante before this finale occurs with Vergil finally dying for real.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'd weirdly be fine with that.
I would have massive respect if they actually went through with retiring Dante like that.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah that's clearly the prologue, no need to freak out over it. The fact the whole story might have been leaked is way more concerning.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Other than the fact that there's a known character in it and one or two enemy designs, its not too much of a spoiler :x

Looks like something you would expect from a demo.

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up to people wanting to avoid getting spoiled: Get Video Blocker for Chrome if you use it, you can type in keywords and it completely hides any video containing those words, thumb and all, from your youtube page.

Youtube recommendations are trash, so you will get spoiled if you've watched anything DMC related at all.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be okay with the ending if DMC6 is the heavens being douchebags and Dante having to deal with them (too bad this sounds like Bayo).

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil

Wtf is this ending,hype is dead.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we know Vergil's involved in this game somehow. If they kill him off for good and write Dante out permanently, there's no real reason for me to come back for future installments.
I actually like Nero, but I'd somewhat agree. I didn't sign up for him to be protagonist and considering the last true Dante adventure was with three considering the rushed state of four, and the reboot being it's own thing entirely, it would suck.

Just hope it's a great game regardless. And if it's really Dante's last game than I don't see myself getting too hyped for latter DMC games, I'd pick em up and probably enjoy them but would miss the shit out of my favorite character.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Dante maybe but a dead man. Sheesh you people.

Got more? Keep em coming.
I would but Microsoft beta tester man stopped after someone in one of the threads asked him to.

VY7Kzw6.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like Nero, but I'd somewhat agree. I didn't sign up for him to be protagonist and considering the last true Dante adventure was with three considering the rushed state of four, and the reboot being it's own thing entirely, it would suck.

Just hope it's a great game regardless. And if it's really Dante's last game than I don't see myself getting too hyped for latter DMC games, I'd pick em up and probably enjoy them but would miss the shit out of my favorite character.

Pretty much. It would also suck royally if Dante's last hurrah is as a guest character in Nero's game. If they have to write him out, at least give him a full game to go out on top of.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Man why does it always happen with Capcom.

Street Fighter 5
Marvel vs. Capcom
And now this.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Not digging that story summary at all. Like I don't want my dude done dirty like that.

I guess the only big remaining questions are how Vergil fits in, if he does at all, and what's Nico's backstory is since that was something which was teased previously in June.