• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I can get past the new look. Maybe I just need more time to let it sink in. Maybe it'll grow on me....I hope. I am glad that DMC5 is finally coming though.
Yeah, the game's gonna be great but I don't like this character art style for him and Nero, but maybe it'll grow on me when we see more of them in action which is where the game'll be really slick.

And I saw that post about it being stuff like the beard or something lol, anime style Dante with a beard wouldn't have gotten this much reaction.

Graphics wise I can't complain facial, animations and graphics look great. The design can be debatable among many.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the music in the trailer so much. Like wow, it is so much better than the past stuff in the series imo.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the trailer a few more times I'm starting to get hype. Can't wait for Gamescom so we can get more info. Hopefully nothing bad happened to Trish or Lady and they appear in the game.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, watching this live was so fucking amazing.
I initially thought that it was REmake 2 for some bizarre reason or one of Capcom Vancouver's new leaked IPs that got canned.

Then I see a white haired kid and the DMC logo. I fucking screamed irl.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
You have a point, even though Dante is kind of a different example because he did have a personality in DMC1. But I think hoping for Lucia in any future DMC game is setting oneself up for disappointment; Capcom seems to want to forget about DMC2 entirely, and frankly, who can blame them?
Hey man I'm a crazy blind optimist, I'll wait forever if I have to ;3

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This genuinely matches Injustice 2 when it comes to how realistically her face is contorting. In a Devil May Cry game. That's crazy.
u9SzW1b.png

AAA Devil May Cry game.

Capcom has blessed us today.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So how banned is Son of Sparda? Claiming it would be a PS4 exclusive and having it revealed on the Microsoft conference sure must have some consequences.

Banned? Super banned? Knights of the Banned Republic? Banned: Son of Sparda Dies Twice?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This genuinely matches Injustice 2 when it comes to how realistically her face is contorting. In a Devil May Cry game. That's crazy.
u9SzW1b.png

Her whole animation was CRAZY good. The scenes where she goes down and speaks, that looks so real, I can barely compare it with anything, cause normally you don't get it on such a high level. That looked so natural.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
The music beats with the DMC logo lighting up on the van at the beginning. I fucking came.

Man, what a day.

Time for bed.

We've reached the promised land. 10 years in the making.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know what it is but hearing Dante being all giddy in the end makes me really happy.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Man, watching this live was so fucking amazing.
I initially thought that it was REmake 2 for some bizarre reason or one of Capcom Vancouver's new leaked IPs that got canned.

Then I see a white haired kid and the DMC logo. I fucking screamed irl.

Yeah when i saw the guy with the cigar, the SWAT forces and the van i immediately thought of RE2R.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how banned is Son of Sparda? Claiming it would be a PS4 exclusive and having it revealed on the Microsoft conference sure must have some consequences.

Banned? Super banned? Knights of the Banned Republic? Banned: Son of Sparda Dies Twice?
He was dead wrong, but the dude is still part of the community and I'd assume that his source just lied to him.
If I were a mod I'd let it pass, there's a difference between straight up lying to fool people and having someone you think who's legit feeding you lies.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
The graphics, the game, the music, everything looked great. Definitely looking forward to it. Good job with the trailer.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Her whole animation was CRAZY good. The scenes where she goes down and speaks, that looks so real, I can barely compare it with anything, cause normally you don't get it on such a high level. That looked so natural.
Exactly, like as consumers we are nowhere near spoiled to the point that this isn't fucking insane, this is a video game that runs at 60fps and it looks like this, what the fuck Capcom:
screenshot2018-06-10avbk4k.png

screenshot2018-06-10afjkuf.png

screenshot2018-06-10avokie.png

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He was dead wrong, but the dude is still part of the community and I'd assume that his source just lied to him.
If I were a mod I'd let it pass, there's a difference between straight up lying to fool people and having someone you think who's legit feeding you lies.

Well he got almost everything else right sooo... Stuff happens during development. It's not like the person gave us a straight up bum scoop. 95% of the things stated came to light so far.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone, show of hands, who here had like...2 seconds of panic when they showed Nero with shorter hair and thought he was Donte...and then he revved Red Queen? (Also you can see a 5 next to the Devil May Cry logo on the van)

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
The game is growing on me, this is the best direction they could have gone. Really hyped to see Dante's gameplay.

Also 60 fps is freaking awesome.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Aesthetically it was trash and that girls voice acting sounded awful.

Like a dope in a goofy ass voice "I made me a robot arm to whoop ass".

It's gonna play damn fine tho.

OP
OP
Sargerus

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Notice he has the black vein stuff in his hand.

That's why i'm saying this guy is Vergil, those are not tatoos, is the corruption flowing through his body. The coat has a weak blue tint, and the hair is white( it looks black/gray because of the lightning in the artwork)
Devil-May-Cry-5_2018_06-10-18_020.jpg

THIS IS VERGIL, i'm 100% sure of it.