• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing work by TGBS as usual. That bit at the end worried me, what does he mean by "branching out more" with the channel?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Well watch at the gym.

Kain-Nosgoth

He does in-depth reviews. More skill based and less popular/comic/gimmicky than the likes of somebody like Angry Joe.

He also grinds his teeth on action games, really breaking things down to what makes them good (or conversely bad).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the video.

Kinda torn. On one hand while I sympathize with the feeling of getting the game he wanted and not having to raise points that are better covered by others, as well as me generally enjoying Brit when he's gushy about things I don't see a lot of channels take note of, I kinda feel like all the non-combat overviews of the game are almost a little too uncompromisingly gushy considering how usually analytical he is. Almost to a rose-tinted bias in fact. The story in particular has a bunch of issues to it that feel by and large justified through hokey fanservice - Vergil in particular turning V and Urizen retroactively into a trivialized plot device that I haven't felt since Zant in Twilight Princess - and that kind of leaves DMC5 not exactly standing all that strong unless you live and breathe this series (which to be fair he does). Still, I can't help but feel even as a fan that DMC5 just took the easy route in so many areas, be it from its extremely repetitive aesthetic design, its story, or even multiple of its levels. Although, I'm not too surprised he takes to a lot of the stuff DMC5 does in terms of narrative considering he's also a fond lover of MGS4 which also views fanservice as storytelling.

Nonetheless it was a pleasant watch and I like hearing him talk about combat systems, which I still do adore with this game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly, Dante in DMC5 was overwhelming to play in the best way possible. He quite literally has a move for any situation, & combos are so free-form. I agree that V is more of an acquired taste, & Nero's Devil Breakers are the one thing that he's been missing this entire time. Gaming Brit pretty much nails why I love DMC5 (& DMC as a whole) so much.

Gameplay wise, DMC5 perfected Devil May Cry. From here, they need to improve the level design & story-telling to complement the stellar gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Honestly, Dante in DMC5 was overwhelming to play in the best way possible. He quite literally has a move for any situation, & combos are so free-form. I agree that V is more of an acquired taste, & Nero's Devil Breakers are the one thing that he's been missing this entire time. Gaming Brit pretty much nails why I love DMC5 (& DMC as a whole) so much.

Gameplay wise, DMC5 perfected Devil May Cry. From here, they need to improve the level design & story-telling to complement the stellar gameplay.

A lot of people casually playing through the game really like V from what I take it. He's different, easy to get S ranks and the familiars have flashy and powerful moves.

But I agree hardcore fans are going to gravitate towards Nero and Dante.