• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I removed the video because that guy seems to be a bit of a twat.

Booting up with unskippable (?) logos
3ABi4up.png

Individual Chapters:

unknown.png

Unbenannt.PNG

xLYQMgP.png

It'd be very frustrating if the logos aren't skippable at all.

Last edited:

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
10 fold increase, nice.

I wonder what the 'that feels fast enough' threshold will be. 5 seconds ish?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Unskippable logos aside, that's instant loading wtf. This fixes the biggest issue I had with DMC V fucking hell. I'm in awe.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure more and more companies will try to minimise logo screens. Or we can just bypass them altogether through the Activities function.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
01:14 is just INSANE. My god, even better than Spider-Man

Only bummer are the logos, I really hope they make them skippable

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
User Warned: Thread whining
are these threads even necessary for every single game?

I mean, we know the loading will be faster. just make 1 thread and keep that..

Matic

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it supports activities so you can instantly jump into whatever chapter.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
That logo stuff should be skippable because it doesn't actually that long to load to the title screen lol.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The DMC5 ray tracing mode has some sort of global illumination? The difference in nero's model is massive. Reminds me of metro
Lv6ziG1.png
mFS7341.png

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Can you elaborate. I don't really know him.

I just know what's been published in the press around him. He has been involved in a number of documented controversies, the below being just one example.

Just quoting is Wikipedia page (auto-translated):

Another victim of Julien Chièze is MarLard, a video game professional and author of a blog article about the apology of rape and machismo in Joystick magazine. Her article denounced the extreme misogyny and sexism in the video game world, through the text of the Joystick journalist, who described his fantasies about the abuse suffered by the heroine Lara Croft in a Tomb Raider opus. This lighting triggered a strong reaction from a large number of video game players, with disproportionate malevolence, even threats of rape and murder, unfortunately reflecting the toxic spirit of this milieu. Unfortunately, these harassment campaigns are not exclusive to France, they have also been carried out in other countries40 , targeting other video game professionals. Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu and Zoe Quinn had also had to endure these same kinds of threats following the Gamergate controversy. Knowing MarLard's dangerous situation, and the very real risks involved, Julien Chièze, after several exchanges on Twitter, revealed the location of his victim's workplace, voluntarily or awkwardly, through his Twitter account followed by more than 300,000 subscribers. MarLard's reaction: "At the time, I was still doing some work for Ubi, but I didn't post it (because I was still the punching bag of the French web gamer and you knew it very well). And you leaked the info, carefully in public".

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if we'll get to the point where the unskipable logos will just be an overlay in the corner. A bit the credits at the start of a movie.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
It's been months since I've loaded DMCV on my PC, but that isn't as fast as those PS5 screenshots.

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty clear the initial boot up is a function of unskippable logos.

Because the load times for jumping into a level are 5-15x faster.