• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
rereading it, i can sorta get it now, but it still feels confusing, at least as a non native speaker.
shKoNOw.jpeg

I can get the confusion, yeah

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm not enjoying Vergil, I dunno. He's never been my favourite anyway but I actually prefer DmC and Dmc4 to this one

May just need more time to get comfortable, and turbo mode. Concentration is still a mechanic I don't enjoy. SSSS is a much better OP mechanic cause it feels earned, Vergils power moves are just cheap.

I get that's the point of the character but still

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not enjoying Vergil, I dunno. He's never been my favourite anyway but I actually prefer DmC and Dmc4 to this one

May just need more time to get comfortable, and turbo mode. Concentration is still a mechanic I don't enjoy. SSSS is a much better OP mechanic cause it feels earned, Vergils power moves are just cheap.

Yeah I'm not really a fan either, he just feels clunk central. I hated Super demon form for Dante , and I hate it just as much here.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017

I thought he felt clunky at first being used to turbo timings, but I got more used to him and I'm having more fun. I love the changes to air stinger for mobility which is a big plus because it was so bad outside of DT in 4SE. I would say Vergil feels less static movement wise compared to 4SE where grim trick was basically his only mobility outside of DT having down trick and better dodge. I use air stinger in battle a lot to move around.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised that the thing which impressed me most when playing as him for the first time was the sound of his attacks/swings with Yamato... it's just soooo good.

He's a blast to plays as.

The only thing that sucks is the enemies feel even more like a sandbag as Vergil, but I guess that's DMC in general...

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck vergil is so much fun to play as. I played for like...8 hours straight last night and holy shit did my wrist hurt like a motherfucker last night, they're still a little sore lmao.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Vergil is kind of way too much fun to play with. I wish I could use him to help S rank everything that I already haven't done so yet.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a "Dodge with ellegance" thing or something somewhere for Vergil, but I'm not seeing it in his abilities. Anyone know what it is?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Vergil is amazing. Just because he dosen't play like a ten year old game dosen't mean he's bad. He's so complex and fun to use.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I hated Super demon form for Dante , and I hate it just as much here.
It's pretty cool when just limited to SSSS usage, I love cancelling into a big angry demon and trick teleporting to enemies. Or using the SDT dodge to iframe mechanics.

Outside of that the basic SDT is the game's umbral climax, a mashing button. Unfortunately the Cerberus boss is completely balanced around it.

I thought he felt clunky at first being used to turbo timings, but I got more used to him and I'm having more fun. I love the changes to air stinger for mobility which is a big plus because it was so bad outside of DT in 4SE. I would say Vergil feels less static movement wise compared to 4SE where grim trick was basically his only mobility outside of DT having down trick and better dodge. I use air stinger in battle a lot to move around.
Yea I just really need turbo I think to enjoy this. I got too used to it, can't stand how the standard speed of dmc5 feels anymore

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Vergil had the Flare/Atomic move from DmC. More JFable moves are never a bad thing. Esp now that Distortion isn't really a thing.

No Ricoshot or Inverse Rainstorm for Dante feels like an omission too. All three feel like curious omissions considering how much DMC5 otherwise takes from DmC (Same with toggle lock-on and Must Style). Especially for Vergil.

3x Judgement Cuts with Doppleganger out melts him.

Vergil_hack.png

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
If they're gonna stick Vergil to Special Edition DLC with a mirror campaign, the least they could do is make him hilariously broken.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Vergil had the Flare/Atomic move from DmC. More JFable moves are never a bad thing. Esp now that Distortion isn't really a thing.

No Ricoshot or Inverse Rainstorm for Dante feels like an omission too. All three feel like curious omissions considering how much DMC5 otherwise takes from DmC (Same with toggle lock-on and Must Style). Especially for Vergil.

Yeah those are good ones, real shame. Flare/Atomic I can see being omitted if Vergil had a regular Volcano and not just a screen clear variant.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Modders already working on modding Beowulf into Doppleganger

And now force edge (mirage edge, whatever)

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The advantage of just getting the DLC is all the sweet red orbs you already have to buy Vergil's entire movelist.

Just went down the list and tried/bought everything, his move set is pretty boss. Love how they basically gave him a super move for each weapon.

Can't wait to dig into the campaign with him later.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I got a question and I cant seem to find an answer to it anywhere: alongside Vergil they also added 4 classic battle tracks to the game as DLC, but the thing is the DLC outright tells me you can unlock them through gameplay instead. How do?

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I got a question and I cant seem to find an answer to it anywhere: alongside Vergil they also added 4 classic battle tracks to the game as DLC, but the thing is the DLC outright tells me you can unlock them through gameplay instead. How do?

Beat the game with Vergil, I think

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Vergil's upgraded jump for Beowulf has a ton of parry frames.

Dante has this upgrade too with Balrog but more often than not you end up evading instead of parrying.

With Vergil you are pretty much guaranteed to parry, and can even immediately cancel it into a trick dodge so Vergil doesn't even leave the ground after the parry. Looks and feels so satisfying. Completely owns Proto Angelo, Fury etc.

Looks like he also easily owns Judecca thanks to back+shoot (the homing launcher summon swords). Just one leaves it in a heavy stun.

EDIT: Okay, he has a piss easy way to handle pretty much any regular enemy -_-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
New tech: Vergil can skip to the ends of attacks and combos by going DT at the right instance. So for instance he can bypass the finishing hit of a base combo and instead go straight into the DT ender from the second to last attack of the base combo (example: 1, 2, lightning kicks to Tetsuzanko for Beowulf B).

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parrying with Vergil's Rising Dragon is my new favourite thing.

Just had two Scudo and one Proto Angelo charge at me at the same time and all parried for the win. The visual and aural feedback is so good.

The parry and dodge mechanics in DMC5 are bloody brilliant.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Vergil is the most fun character I've played in a minute. I never really understood the character on 4SE, but now, even though I still cant do perfect Judgement Cuts, I feel like I know what I should be doing and I'm actually doing a lot of it.

Using the rain down summoned swords just before a boss recovers from stun to land a last minute Hell on Earth is some of the most satisfying shit ever.

Hell on earth is generally one of my favorite DMC moves ever now

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New tech: Vergil can skip to the ends of attacks and combos by going DT at the right instance. So for instance he can bypass the finishing hit of a base combo and instead go straight into the DT ender from the second to last attack of the base combo (example: 1, 2, lightning kicks to Tetsuzanko for Beowulf B).

Just tried this out, definitely adding it to my arsenal.

I was bummed that they removed distortion for Dante so this is a welcome addition. Love stuff like this.

Vergil is the most fun character I've played in a minute. I never really understood the character on 4SE, but now, even though I still cant do perfect Judgement Cuts, I feel like I know what I should be doing and I'm actually doing a lot of it.

They nailed the balance between depth and accessibility with him.

He feels damn good to play even at low and intermediate levels. Super fun and effective from the getgo.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

Seems super useful. Especially for getting into the final hit for SIN DT Yamato.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Spent the whole day doing SOS, DMD and LDK with Vergil today. Fingers are dead but my god is it fun. I dont know how to optimise fighting DMD Dante but at least I think I can consistently beat him without needing revives now. His moveset is crazy cool to figure out.

After adding vergil I think I can say DMC5 is the best action game ever without a doubt now.

Just tried this out, definitely adding it to my arsenal.

I was bummed that they removed distortion for Dante so this is a welcome addition. Love stuff like this.

They nailed the balance between depth and accessibility with him.

He feels damn good to play even at low and intermediate levels. Super fun and effective from the getgo.
That's DMC 5 in a nutshell thankfully. I'm just in that range and while DMC4 was fun too, I feel more in control all round in this game.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
I've always felt that Vergil is the most accessible and the most technical character at the same time, making him the definitive playable DMC character.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it a hundred times more; V doesn't get enough love. He is a damn blast to play and I wish he got more missions.