MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it looks better but the benefit to power ratio is too much for it to be worthwhile. You can easily see that frame rate cost switching from 1080p or even 1440p to 2160p is ridiculous on PC. There's a reason most PC gamers don't bother with it, 4K monitors aren't popular and companies like Nvidia are putting so much work into DLSS.

It's only on consoles where developers gimp their settings to low/medium, give us poor FoV and sub 30fps just so we can run games at native 4K or close to it.

This is why the "4k60fps or nothing" crowd need to relax their expectations. It's not even close to standard on $1000+ PC's. It's not going to be standard on $500 consoles, especially with the general leaps we're going to see in LOD and lighting.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I'm kinda surprised to see so many native 4K titles with ray tracing effects, but then again they're a showcase for a new system. Later in the generation, expect them to use every trick in the book to squeeze out every ounce of juice.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda surprised to see so many native 4K titles with ray tracing effects, but then again they're a showcase for a new system. Later in the generation, expect them to use every trick in the book to squeeze out every ounce of juice.
the ray tracing effects don't seem extensive. R&C is limiting what gets reflected and whatnot

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao!! I have to believe that's sarcasm. That cant be a real post.

this is what i was expecting to see when i opened the screens 🤷

49996301136_35dd0b145b_4k.jpg

Mar 3, 2018
I liked the event as a whole, and games such as Horizon and Ratchet really impressed me and got me super excited for next gen. I will say though, and not to be some armchair analyst; I felt as if they showed Gran Turismo 7 way too early. Something felt off about it.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
This is why the "4k60fps or nothing" crowd need to relax their expectations. It's not even close to standard on $1000+ PC's. It's not going to be standard on $500 consoles, especially with the general leaps we're going to see in LOD and lighting.
Oh hell no, Stadia users have had to endure this crap for months now, it's or turn to bitch!!

(I'm joking obviously)

I'm interested in the cross gen titles and how PS5 and Xbox will compare