• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, we've received PlayStation 5. Our coverage is limited owing to embargoes, but we'll be looking to deliver as much as we can - starting with this, a look at the brilliant PS5 pack-in game: Astro's Playroom. This is a bit of a difficult one to fully articulate - the visuals are wonderful but perhaps not exactly 'next-gen'. However, the feel of the DualSense controller implementation is frankly astonishing - the feel of the game just can't really be expressed... but in this video, John does his best!

- "Flawless, locked 60fps"

Last edited:

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Awww yeah!

Sounds like the Dual Sense has been an ace up Sony's sleeve all this time.

Last edited:

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I understand why so many people want this little guy to be PlayStation's official mascot.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
The DualSense impressions are making my lack of a PS5 preorder even more painful. I really hope there are more systems made available before the end of the year.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the differences between the original build and the updated one. I'll definitely update it before playing it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Great video, and amazing video quality. I figured John would like the game a lot, but also happy to hear he likes the Dualsense a lot.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to DF to discover something like different builds of the game based on firmware! Can't wait for more PS Quintuple coverage!

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
More gushing over DualSense, and more comments of it being a generation beyond 'HD Rumble'. Love it!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He sounds really impressed with the game and controller. Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback especially.

This is a killer app for me.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Launch hardware (DualSense) and software (Astro) that I'm excited about. This wasn't the case a week ago lol.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fantastic video.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, these glowing impressions for the DuelSense are starting to stack up. Looking forward to getting my hands on that thing.

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I liked most about this video was John's enthusiasm, he just wanted to talk about something he really enjoyed.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
That Dualsense looks to be an amazing feature. Astrobot needs to be given more games. It really feels like a Nintendo platformer. It's that special, from the precise movement, to the colorful worlds, and amazing music.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent video, really goes the extra mile with the comparison between the original and updated versions.

Astrobot on PSVR is truly an excellent game so I'm not surprised that this has turned out well as a game and as a demonstration of the controller.
The continued praise for the Dual Sense has me excited to try it.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying and anticipating moving away from Steam Input, expecting to with Dual Sense and reWASD, but if the haptics stuff gets put into PC games that are also on PS5 via Valve working with devs to support it I'll deal with Steam Input a bit longer haha.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I truly think the DualSense might be the most "next-gen" thing about all the consoles, especially when compared to PC.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
That actually looks like fun! Reminds me of Super Mario Brothers. You get this neat fun romp packed in with your system. I hope this is normal moving forward again .

Also guess nothing mentioned of 1440p right?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Ha that's really cool that a firmware update patches the game. Wasn't expecting a build comparison like that! Was a fun thing to see in this video versus other impressions

John's enthusiasm for the game is great. Really excited to try it!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully since it is included with every PS5 it wets people's appetite in wanting to see more AstroBot and Sony Platformers in general.

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
I freaking love DF. John is amazing, his deep technical knowledge combined with his absolute love for video games makes him perfect for first impressions and deep dives.