• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
When you promote sycophant yes men without credibility this is what you get.

And of course it's an acting cabinet member. No Congressional vote needed.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a parody account, right? It has to be? Please let it be a parody account, christ.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
A Trump stooge complaining about having to pay for something, that's that Capitalism you guys like so much, enjoy it!

edit: Also looks like the guy just sucks at technology? What wall?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Our "Acting" government is so ill equipped to handle this or any other major emergency while this administration is at the top. We're so fucked.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would put actual money on this being because Ken Cucinelli is a moron rather than the DHS not having access.

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I would put actual money on this being because Ken Cucinelli is a moron rather than the DHS not having access.

This is a possibility, but when one of your senior org leaders is this clueless, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Then again...they might have fired the team that would normally cover this under cost savings because "Why pay people to worry about stopping the flu?" I can totally see Trump saying something like that.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Why would you tweet a question like that... Ask your staff before making yourself look like a moron, maybe make a few calls? Jesus christ lol

Also fantastic to know that the government has to rely on the private sector for critical shit like this.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
The CDC has this information for free, may be he should look there first since that is government agency under homeland security.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Idiocracy was a parody not a roadmap you clowns.

Of course, the Trump admin is a kakistocracy by design because GOP donors believe keeping the fat baby happy is the best way to keep their taxes low and their regulations flimsy, public health dangers be damned.

The CDC has this information for free, may be he should look there first since that is government agency under homeland security.

Those liberals? Pssh.

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty scary. A global pandemic is one of the exact kinds of serious crisis that I've feared happening under this incompetent administration. I just hope there's enough long term, career officials in enough federal government positions that handle these situations that they can mitigate the corruption and ineptitude coming from the top.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The way I read that tweet is more in the sense of "Everybody should have access to the information and Johh Hopkins should not put it behind a paywall" more than him actually relying on that map to have the info... but maybe I'm just giving him too much the benefit of the doubt... And obviously it's also his job to distribute that information to everybody, not a third party but anyway

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is a possibility, but when one of your senior org leaders is this clueless, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Then again...they might have fired the team that would normally cover this under cost savings because "Why pay people to worry about stopping the flu?" I can totally see Trump saying something like that.
My money's on "one of the people at the org who does actual work has the password and is using it but Ken didn't check with them before tweeting because he's a clown". Only way to sleep at night.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
It was down for a little while today due to high traffic, its back up now. While it was down it was showing a log in screen
NOTICE (Feb 24, 1 PM ET): Our dashboard is currently down due to high traffic. We apologize for any inconvenience it might cause. We are aware of the problem and working to resolve it as soon as possible.
South Korea numbers are shocking, had no idea

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
lol why is this bozzo tweeting this? shouldn't it be an email with his staff? Guess this is the twitter administration>

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The way I read that tweet is more in the sense of "Everybody should have access to the information and Johh Hopkins should not put it behind a paywall" more than him actually relying on that map to have the info... but maybe I'm just giving him too much the benefit of the doubt... And obviously it's also his job to distribute that information to everybody, not a third party but anyway

What's frightening is that he is:

1. Looking at this site instead of the governments own data. We assume they know what the fuck is going on.
2. He is tweeting about how it stopped working publicly, which is distressing as it leads to #3...
3. He is a known idiot and in charge of a very important agency at a time of potential crisis.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
One of the leaders of DHS thinks there is.

If he is this dumb, it probably wouldn't be hard to pwn DHS with a phishing attack.

Think about that for a second.
Is it behind a paywall though? It's working just fine for me.
There was a log in screen while it was down, which would lead one to think its behind a paywall (if you didn't bother to look at their website first)

Probably when they updated the Feature Service in ArcGIS Online someone forgot to keep the same sharing permissions so it probably reverted to private, which is why it asked for a login

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
There was a log in screen while it was down, which would lead one to think its behind a paywall (if you didn't bother to look at their website first)

Probably when they updated the Feature Service in ArcGIS Online someone forgot to keep the same sharing permissions so it probably reverted to private

If only there was someone at his place of employment he could ask instead of TWEETING IT OUT LIKE AN IDIOT.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
lol why is this bozzo tweeting this? shouldn't it be an email with his staff? Guess this is the twitter administration>

most likely no one there knows because the only qualification to get a job in this administration seems to be whether or not you will get on both knees in front of the most insecure person in the whole world

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

There is no way it's that, though. It's like he was checking it himself for info and then started spamming his thoughts. Otherwise why go to twitter looking like an idiot?

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Didn't the State Department also bring back a bunch of people infected into the US against advice of the CDC?

These fucking people

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if by ignoring official procedures of nominating and confirming cabinet members Trump has staffed the government with incompetent "acting" executives whose only qualification is that Trump saw them on TV and thinks their first priority is to the president, not the people.