canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

That's… a lot of players. I've put so much time into this game over the years, usually coming back every few seasons and picking it up for another couple of weeks. I think with 2.0 and Reaper of Souls they really turned the game around. Though I still think it's crazy looking back to the real money auction house. I sold a couple of $100 items on there.

They're making the new season 26 mechanic, Echoing Nightmare, a permanent fixture in the game going forward, also double bounties for the remainder of the current season.

Echoing Nightmare info:

Season 26 introduces the Echoing Nightmare, an optional and rewarding end-game challenge where players fight within the memories of Nephalem who fell in a Greater Rift. Today's Nephalem must stand their ground until they are inevitably Overwhelmedor defeated. Players must collect a Petrified Scream from defeated Greater Rift Guardians to gain entry to the Echoing Nightmare. Transmuting a Petrified Scream in Kanai's Cube summons a portal that players can enter to face the horrors of the Nephalem's past.

• Only one player is required to transmute a Petrified Scream to open an Echoing Nightmare in a multiplayer game.
  • Similar to a boss encounter, all players in a multiplayer game must accept a prompt to enter.
  • While within an Echoing Nightmare, the difficulty scales as players progress in the encounter. Players can progress faster by defeating monsters quickly.
  • Players receive the following rewards upon completing an Echoing Nightmare: EXP, Legendary Items, Blood Shards, Gems, and a new Legendary Gem, Whisper of Atonement.
  • The Whisper of Atonement is a Legendary Gem used exclusively for Augmenting Ancient Legendary items. It drops pre-ranked based upon the player's performance in the Echoing Nightmare.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I still play the shit out of this game and love it.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Congrats to a very good game!
I never had a problem with the games visuals, I actually thought it looked really good. It was the always online part I didn't like. Thankfully the console versions have fixed that problem.
One other thing I don't really like is the change to the difficulty flow of the game when reaper of sounds came out.
It's like they just gave up in trying to balance the game and said, let's just let the players figure it out.
Before it actually felt natural how much damage regular enemies could take vs elites, bosses etc.
Now it's all over the place. If you put the difficulty up so regular enemies can take more than one hit elites get insanely dangerous. It just makes it so much less fun to me. Though I'm just a casual player though so what do I know.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Just repurchased on Xbox a few weeks ago and levelled a few seasonal characters. This week I repurchased The Division 2 and started over....maybe I should be using gamepass and purchasing new games :P

Anyone new to this season, make a monk. Once you get the season bonus set, you become a killing machine without really having to move lol

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Once or twice a year, I'll get into a season and play the game like crazy for about a week. It always makes me want to dig into Path of Exile or Grim Dawn, but they never grab my attention for long.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Oh boy, I am old.

I honestly think the true masterstroke was deciding to develop console ports. They did a great job with the controls and couch co-op works so well.

My wife and I played for hours. It takes a special game for that to happen.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i still haven't really gotten into the season stuff. but i played it for many hours on pc and ps5.

i still have to try out the latest new class. i bought it but never gotten around to it lol

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Played it a shitload for years. Beat Diablo on Inferno before they nerfed it which was fun trying to figure out how to get through that game without getting hit because everything one shot my DH. Reaper of Souls improved on the formula a ton and while I think Path of Exile is a better game D3 is just good mindless fun.

Aug 9, 2018
I played it on PC first, this year I bought it for console and loved how it controls movement and skills with the controller (except for skills that need targeting like Corpse Explosion). Managing inventory on console is such a chore though.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
100's of hours played of this over multiple characters. Pretty much all after Reaper of Souls which turned the game into something great.

Still love my original witch doctor the most though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Considering how badly this launched, seeing them keep supporting it even now, is great for the future of D4...hopefully.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
God damn I was excited as shit for this game. I still think that vanilla D3 was salvagable if they just got 'rid of the RMAH, or never shipped with it in the first place. There was a good game in there somewhere. They just needed to balance around the players and not around the AH.

Oh boy, I am old.

I honestly think the true masterstroke was deciding to develop console ports. They did a great job with the controls and couch co-op works so well.

My wife and I played for hours. It takes a special game for that to happen.

John Hight is a genius. He and Josh Mosqueira (shame about the Cosby suite thing though) gave the development team a clear vision and focus.

Nov 8, 2017
WOW 10 years. I wish this game would go on sale more. I never double dip games, but Diablo is MY SHIZ and I've gotten it on PC, 360, PS4, Switch, over those 10 years. Would like to play on Series X but buying the game 4 times seems like enough lol.

Congrats to the team, past & present, for such a successful game. They really turned D3 around and am looking forwards to new Diablo shit in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Soloing Inferno completely clueless at launch on Hardcore was pretty amazing. Granted I only made it to Act 2 before finally dying, but still. The game changed a lot later on, for the better in most ways obviously, but I never got that absolutely nailbiting feel while playing since then. In the end, it's one of those games that I do get hooked on for a while whenever I play the current incarnation, but I always go "why the heck did I waste my time playing that?" after I move on, heh.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
one of my favorite games of all time, own it on every platform, thousands of hours into it.

really worried that D4 seems to be trying to move as far away from what I personally liked about D3 as possible.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I bought Diablo 3 Eternal Collection on Switch a few months back, on a whim, because I wanted portable Diablo.

I am flabbergasted at how well it controls on gamepad, both D3 and D2. I never would have expected it. Obviously targeting isn't quite as precise, inventory management is definitely clunkier, but movement and combat feel great and for a casual romp it's impressive as hell. And in D2 you have instant access to all the skills.

edit: Prime Evil Collection. That's the one that contains both Diablo 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Love this game and still want to come back to play it but keep getting distracted by new and shiny things. getting this to work on steam deck is one of my top priorities.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a long journey, PC auction house, bugs, downtime etc... The game has evolved through the years. It's my most played game since 2012, thousands of hours played across 5 platforms. We'll disserted. I can't wait for D4 and will be there day one for Immortal.

OP
OP
canderous

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Love this game and still want to come back to play it but keep getting distracted by new and shiny things. getting this to work on steam deck is one of my top priorities.
I really want them to add an option to use controller and console UI on PC. Mostly for Steam Deck lol.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
truly one of the worst sequels ever made in games

they missed literally every mark/pillar of the diablo franchise with the 3rd

1. departure from the atmosphere and style of the series
2. awful and barely any existing procedural generation of levels
3. awful itemisation, the worst in the genre, for a genre thats core pillar is itemisation, and coming from a series that invented the genre itself...

the sad thing is diablo 4's itemisation is looking awful too from everything they've shown

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Played the PS4 version a lot for a while and got into rifting for a short while... can't really think of another game that felt like such a massive waste of time.

First you run through the shit campaign, then you realise the game is designed to just give you a build with the season quests and the campaign is completely replaced with rifting, then you realise the controls on console are too shit and inaccurate for the builds you want to try. People were surprised by WC3 remake but really Blizzard were on the path of unpolished half-assed releases with the D3 port already.

While I can still get the urge to replay D2 the only reason I'd ever play D3 again would be to see if the PC version is as bad as the console port or if it is more interesting on the main platform.

65 million though... that's uh... a lot of fans of fancy idle clickers I suppose.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I played and got halfway through inferno a month or two after launch, and just fell out of it. The RMAH and its consequences on the rest of the game soured me on the game for many years. I eventually came back and played through it again on X1X as a Necro, and it was pretty good fun… but the sour memories still remain.

Anyway, I think it's pretty incredible that the game is still going and is having a constant stream of new and interesting content. Definitely a huge plus for fans of the game.

thepizzaguy

Sep 7, 2018

3. awful itemisation, the worst in the genre, for a genre thats core pillar is itemisation, and coming from a series that invented the genre itself...

the sad thing is diablo 4's itemisation is looking awful too from everything they've shown

This. I hope D4 is better, and takes more inspiration from D2R and PoE.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool that they still support, but it's a pretty terrible diablo game. Rifts are the worst and I hope they never return. I don't have any confidence in D4 based on what I've seen, but still hoping it turns out great

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Ten years already and I never learned how to play this game aside from choosing skills and powers that look cool and deleting enemies around. I feel like a dumbass every time I try to get into builds and min/maxing stuff. Sometimes I'm kinda glad I never wasted a lot of time on this.

never

Oct 28, 2017
The couch co op aspect of this game is a great experience. Definitely prefer playing on console.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I played the shit out of the game on PC but I still remember being completely dumbfounded at how great the game felt and played with a controller.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great ARPG. More "arcadey" than D2, but it makes for a faster pace. Plus, D3 puts more emphasis on your build, rather than limiting you to the items RNG lets you play with.

My only complaint is that it's limited to 4-player max games. I like the big 8-player games in D2.

Hopefully D4 takes a cue from Lost Ark and makes everything a whole lot bigger.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017

THIS! ALL OF THIS!!

As a D2 guy, I hope 4 is nothing like 3. After waiting through the end of middle school, high school, college, and my first born for a sequel, 3 was just total ass to me.

Glad a lot of other people were able to enjoy though!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My Mac wasn't powerful enough to run Diablo 3 at launch so I never bothered checking it out.

By the time the game was released on the Switch and I considered picking it up Blizzard ended up showing its ass...again and again.

Shame, too. I was HUGE into Diablo and Diablo 2 back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I've purchased this game on PC, PS4 and put hundreds of hours into each one. I am primarily and Xbox player now and am really hoping it comes to Game Pass at some point to play it again - I dont really wanna purchase it a 3rd time.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's the only game that i have bought and played 5 different console versions of.

I've tried other games the only one that came close was POE but that ended after a couple of seasons because i got tired of going through all those acts on every character every season and didn't care for the way they handled ability nerfing. Instead of adjusting skills, propping skills up they just obliterate popular builds. Very excited for Immortal/5.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017

I'm going to have to echo this although I'm sure I'll sound like an enormous hater, 3 basically missed every shot it had to resonate with me on ANY level. Itemization and core class mechanics and systems were by far my biggest issues. Plus the art style was just off-putting to me, but that's obviously more subjective.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I think its as good as D2 personally. I played it when it came out and was a bit underwhelmed, but they morphed it into something nice by the end.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I played the shit out of the game on PC but I still remember being completely dumbfounded at how great the game felt and played with a controller.

It's so good. I'm playing D2 Resurrected with a controller right now and it is fucking fabulous.

Also, what a remaster. Exact same damn game, with a visual overhaul overlaid on top that is for the most part tastefully done. I'm constantly switching back and forth between the old and new graphics and it's seamless. And the particle and lighting effects rule.

I know I'm LTTP on this but it's good stuff.