• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they fix the various problems with the UI. Like this for instance. Not only is it stupidly huge, it remains on screen for sixty seconds even if you skip the audio portion. What were they thinking?
UI.jpg

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
What's the best place to farm gear at beta cap? I'm still missing some areas and campaign mission.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Just died for the first time in the game. The Butcher is no joke, no idea how to beat him right now, lol.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of questions:
  • If I start with a new character, does the story start from the grinning?
  • How does couch co-op works? My friend is coming over tomorrow and I want him to start from the very start and then I'll drop in with a new character or my level 20 character.

Spliced-Up

Oct 29, 2017
Biggest complaints I have are with the level scaling and itemization. Level scaling really stifles any sense of progression and the lack of true unique items makes legebdaries feel kinda bland and cookie cutter.

Also, the skill trees feel very limited with only having 3 passive per skill, one of which is mandatory for the other 2. Coming from Last Epoch where skills have an expansive passive tree, some of which completely change the mechanics of a skill, it feels very barebones.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest complaints I have are with the level scaling and itemization. Level scaling really stifles any sense of progression and the lack of true unique items makes legebdaries feel kinda bland and cookie cutter.

Also, the skull trees feel very limited with only having 3 passive per skull, one of which is mandatory for the other 2. Coming from Last Epoch where skills have an expansive passive tree, some of which completely change the mechanics of a skill, it feels very barebones

There's another tier of legendaries, aptly named "uniques", that have the more distinctive effects.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://i.imgur.com/3l7ZeXz.mp4

imgur.com

lvl 35

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like pinks0cking.

rofl

edit:

almost got him

View: https://imgur.com/a/jvtiTv3

Lol, that was fun for a few.

Fire Hydra killed it in 5 sec, but cool.
Too soon to say it's weak when you can only get to lvl 25. From what I seen once it has items it wrecks.
Again, we aren't talking about endgame when all the pieces come together. It shouldn't take X gear to make a class on par with others. Barb needs some love, that is all people are really trying to say and that is the purpose of beta.

Play Sorcerer or play Necro and level. Then do barb, it isn't remotely close. You shouldn't have to wait till all the pieces drop to make X class on par with another.

Oct 25, 2017
Does adding an aspect from the codex to a legendary item that already has an aspect delete the old one or does it add a second one?
Codex aspects are perma unlocks if I recall. They are weaker versions of what you can find on gear. Soft cap level is 50 before the paragon board is unlocked. People shouldn't have to wait till max level for a class to feel on par.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Codex aspects are perma unlocks if I recall. They are weaker versions of what you can find on gear. Soft cap level is 50 before the paragon board is unlocked. People shouldn't have to wait till max level for a class to feel on par.
I don't quite understand. You mean they are passive? I don't think that is right, if that is what you mean. The description doesn't appear to be different than the gear because I have a few of both.

I was going to add an aspect that I picked up from a dungeon to legendary but I wanted to make sure it didn't override it. Maybe I should try it on a rare piece instead.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite understand. You mean they are passive? I don't think that is right, if that is what you mean. The description doesn't appear to be different than the gear because I have a few of both.

I was going to add an aspect that I picked up from a dungeon to legendary but I wanted to make sure it didn't override it. Maybe I should try it on a rare piece instead.
Its been a few months since the end game beta and I haven't messed with it in this one.

Once you unlock an aspect from the dungeon it goes into a codex, those are reusable. Aspects that you pull from a specific legendary go into your inventory and are one time use.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Its been a few months since the end game beta and I haven't messed with it in this one.

Once you unlock an aspect from the dungeon it goes into a codex, those are reusable. Aspects that you pull from a specific legendary go into your inventory and are one time use.
That makes sense.

So, my main question is, if I put an aspect from my codex on a legendary weapon that already has its own aspect from the original drop, does it override it or add to it?

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I am absolutely getting my ass handed to me by Frosthorn. Doesn't matter how much ice resistance I seem to stack, I feel like I avoid his attack but still get hit by the axe, can't evade because of his constant aoe ice. Ugh

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ran into The Butcher within a cave and I probably got the luckiest encounter with him I'm likely to had as I was only lv19 at the time. Running an frost sorc mostly but I have a neck piece that gives me Hydra, so I genuinely just ran around a pillar as he ran through my blizzard and the lv1 fire hydra just chipped away until he was dead. It took a while but it was really fun to figure that out on the fly without dying. I don't think I was surviving that encounter if he didn't pop up next to that pillar.

Interactions like that are really making me love this game.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
anyone able to help me out with Den Mother? I'm BoatTimes#1207 on b.net. Playing a barb and I just can't get her. Lvl 11.

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be on for an hour or so, if you would like some assistance with leveling/story let me know. Level 25, geared, all that garbage.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question, but:

Is Diablo III even canon anymore? So far the story feels so far removed from that game and I haven't heard a single reference in-game to those events.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
I wonder if we get a loot buff secretly on our first character to feel good. My second character is lvl 25 and I looted two legendary. My first 25 has legendary in each slots