• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Is it possible to hide the weapons on your back? I've tried to hide them at the wardrobe but they're still on my back.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
A few hours in, and I can't help but think that I've played this same game too many times, and I'm not sure I want to do it again. Nice to see how well they hit the swords-and-sorcery vibes. That might keep me going through the main story. But I really can't see myself playing it much longer than that.

Mostly I'm just realizing that at the end of the day, I want to zone out and click treasure like the mobile game. Not sure the full-blown TV+PC and thinking about the game is something I want anymore.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
You can get this working on the steamdeck
Download battlenet client installer and add it as a non-Steam game
Then run the installer in Steam as playing a game, and install the game to your directory of choice.
Use Proton GE 7-27 in properties > force compatibility option with the game settings.
If you don't have it, install Proton-up-QT in Steam deck desktop mode under discover applications in the toolbar.
Then run the game and ignore the gpu warning.

Runs alright but at low/medium 800p settings.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, there is no doubt the game is super imbalanced, at least in the beginning
like for sorceror, there is a spell in each category that is clearly A LOT better than all the others
for basic it's the frost bolt
for core its chain lightning
for summons its hydra
do that and you will breeze through the game, pick another and you will have a super hard time
sure later on through synergies those can change, but it is weird

uzit88

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
So I got 20 with a Rogue. I am not finishing the story. I will save that for release!

But .... I want to play more. try a different character maybe. But I do not want to ruin it anymore!

Anyone else feel this way?

I just got to 20 too. I want to play more but I want to save it!

Do we get the doggo thing once we hit level 20?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the soundtrack in this game is fucking incredible.

Melee focused rogue really does scratch the monk itch I had. Maxed out flurry and I'm just melting fools

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there is no doubt the game is super imbalanced, at least in the beginning
like for sorceror, there is a spell in each category that is clearly A LOT better than all the others
for basic it's the frost bolt
for core its chain lightning
for summons its hydra
do that and you will breeze through the game, pick another and you will have a super hard time
sure later on through synergies those can change, but it is weird

For sure. Frost was absolutely terrible (even at 25 with gear dedicated to it), and Lightning was simply sometimes great, sometimes mediocre. The Hydra/Fireball build is just over the top, especially after you get your class ability and any unique that has the extra Hydra effect.

You mentioned chain lightning as your core, but once you unlock your unique class mechanic and put Fireball in the slot, you basically have Explosive Blast from Diablo 3 on kill. There's a huge chain reaction and it just wipes out groups. The slotted skill also takes into account all of the points you have invested in the skill you're using and any other bonuses it might have. It's amazing for trash clearing, and then on bosses you can just swap it for Hydra and have three out briefly.

Like you said though, later things could change, and I expect them to. We're stuck at level 25 with no paragon, and some classes/builds might pull ahead, or way ahead at the higher levels. For the Sorcerer at least, it's a great leveling build.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
nah Rogue isnt for me, im too shallow and I need my combat to be flashy, all this arrow bullshit isnt it, and a quick glance at the skill tree there aren't even any turrets this time around so I think im calling it on the beta for this weekend and save my repeat energy for next weekend with the two pet classes which is what I really want anyway (although I ended up really liking sorc, not surprisingly since it's nothing but flashy lol)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the "insert any skill here for a passive effect" thing on Sorc. So what special class thing do Rogues and Barbs get? now im curious.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I really like the "insert any skill here for a passive effect" thing on Sorc. So what special class thing do Rogues and Barbs get? now im curious.

Barb gets an arsenal system, where they have 3 different weapon sets (blunt, slashing, dual wield), and each ability can be assigned to switch to and benefit a specific one of them (like nodes in the tree that modify a skill to do X if used with a 2h weapon), and from what I've seen, gain buffs for switching weapons a lot.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
For sure. Frost was absolutely terrible (even at 25 with gear dedicated to it), and Lightning was simply sometimes great, sometimes mediocre. The Hydra/Fireball build is just over the top, especially after you get your class ability and any unique that has the extra Hydra effect.

You mentioned chain lightning as your core, but once you unlock your unique class mechanic and put Fireball in the slot, you basically have Explosive Blast from Diablo 3 on kill. There's a huge chain reaction and it just wipes out groups. The slotted skill also takes into account all of the points you have invested in the skill you're using and any other bonuses it might have. It's amazing for trash clearing, and then on bosses you can just swap it for Hydra and have three out briefly.

Like you said though, later things could change, and I expect them to. We're stuck at level 25 with no paragon, and some classes/builds might pull ahead, or way ahead at the higher levels. For the Sorcerer at least, it's a great leveling build.
I actually leveled with fire bolt and fireball and at 25 am running the hydra/fireball build, which is great, but the beginning was tough
made another sorc and startet with frostbolt and chain lightning and it's so super easy in the beginning

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Never played much of the previous games, the wife which rarely ever plays games actually beat Diablo 3, which shocked the shit out of me, so when I told her that 4 was coming she said "pre-order that now". I have put in about 5 hours into the Beta and I am loving the game. Made 2 different characters to try out, a Rogue and a Magic user (cant remember the actual name). Played both to level 5 or 6 each. Can easily see that the Magic user was a lot more OP than the Rogue and had a much easier time playing on Veteran than I did with the Rogue.

But regardless, I am really loving the game. The audio, both effects and music is superb. Playing on Series X with Dolby Atmos and it really sounds incredible.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy ton of polarizing comments for this game.

I think consensus is that it is better than D3, but looks like the D1-2 crowd are still unhappy (outside the atmosphere), while some others think they went too far with the "Lost Ark" MMO feel.

Can't wait to see launch and endgame opinions.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how the Diablo Immortal character creator is more in depth than the one in Diablo 4.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Can't wait to see endgame opinions.

Didn't someone earlier mention what we're playing now will basically be the endgame? Found the post they mentioned the following:

• World events that are basically small activities, its the same 4-5 over and over.
  • Dungeons which have similar layouts and 4-5 activities (get X item open boss, kill X enemies, etc.)
  • World Boss
  • Helltide which is basically kill enemies to get a currency and unlock chests

wingthor

Sep 18, 2021
I'm not feeling the soundtrack. None of the tracks are memorable, and they just sound like someone ripped some generic files from a website that provides stock tracks by googling things like "moody strings, tribal drumbs, spooky mood, etc.". A lot of it even sounds like music out of Elden Ring's dungeons / zones. Also the audio seems pretty buggy too, it randomly stutters out and has a lot of delay or plays in parts it shouldn't.

Does it fit the mood and tone of the game? Sure, but I would never listen to any of it on its own. I like the game a lot, I just hope that the endgame is engaging and it gets meaty post-game support. My only major gripe is the UI is soulless and bland. It has no character and I can definitely see the complains about it seeming like a mobile game. Really hate this trend in games, God of War's UI was also pretty awful in a similar way.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Hit 17 today and I just love this game.

I am so excited to play the full game. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface and I played like 10 hours today. Still haven't even reached the place where the world boss shows up. And the map for Act I is massive!

So glad I took off two weeks for this in June.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Alot of these dungeons feel extremely long and I think it's becuase they're not broken down into floors anymore

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
whoever told me my progress in a dungeon would save if I logged out…. You lied! I was back at the waypoint in Kholovdash when I logged back in 🤬

Oct 27, 2017
Hit 17 today and I just love this game.

I am so excited to play the full game. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface and I played like 10 hours today. Still haven't even reached the place where the world boss shows up. And the map for Act I is massive!

So glad I took off two weeks for this in June.
There's different maps for the acts?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
nah Rogue isnt for me, im too shallow and I need my combat to be flashy, all this arrow bullshit isnt it, and a quick glance at the skill tree there aren't even any turrets this time around so I think im calling it on the beta for this weekend and save my repeat energy for next weekend with the two pet classes which is what I really want anyway (although I ended up really liking sorc, not surprisingly since it's nothing but flashy lol)
If it's anything like Demon Hunter in D3, there will be no shortage of builds that use no bows or arrows.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
just watched streamer get so lucky with butcher spawn. full party, spawns right ontop of dps shrine. they still barely managed to kill him. someone in his group got a unique, the butchers cleaver?????

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I actually leveled with fire bolt and fireball and at 25 am running the hydra/fireball build, which is great, but the beginning was tough
made another sorc and startet with frostbolt and chain lightning and it's so super easy in the beginning

I didn't use Firebolt at all. It makes since once you start finding +fire %damage later on, but early on Frost Bolt is just better since it's easier to get back mana with it. I might try leveling with CL and see how it goes. At least up until level 15 anyway.

What is the vulnerable shit the first boss is doing to me? Where the health gauge gets all cracked looking and shit.

Vulnerable means you (same vs enemies) take 20% more damage. Turn on enhanced tooltips.

so many people farming the level 35 rn lol

Are you talking about the world boss? If so, how do you "farm" that?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Can you do the weapon technique quest in the beta? "Barbarian: Masters of Battle" got unlock as a priority quest, but when I started trekking towards it I entered a "restricted area" that forced me to warp back.