VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Anyone else feel like "rogue" doesn't even seem like the best way to describe the class? It doesn't feel like a rogue, or an assassin. Feels more like a brand new thing altogether. "Hunter" maybe? Might just be me though

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
World bosses should spawn like WoW world bosses. All the time.

I *loathe* having to follow some arbitrary schedule for when I can fight a boss.
i mean. this is a beta. im sure they are testing it more if its too strong or weak so having it scheduled like this gather data when they can get people to do it at a certain time with max players

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel like "rogue" doesn't even seem like the best way to describe the class? It doesn't feel like a rogue, or an assassin. Feels more like a brand new thing altogether. "Hunter" maybe? Might just be me though

Just felt like another take on the Amazon and Demon Hunter to me. Obviously not the same, but many of the skills and the playstyle just felt too much like them. It was very much a Rogue/Assassin type character to me. Made me think quite a bit of the Assassin, Strider and Magick Archer from Dragon's Dogma too. The irony is that the "Rogue" in Diablo 2 was just a short ranged archer.

Similarly, even if they bring back the "Paladin", it will just be modern Blizzard'd into another Crusader-like class, since that's all the Crusader was anyway. There's speculation already that one of the main NPCs you interact with in the beta is already likely the template for the next holy class.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I had a not so great time playing Barbarian for a few hours last weekend, hoping going outside of my comfort zone with a class like Necromancer will spark some more interest in this game.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I had a not so great time playing Barbarian for a few hours last weekend, hoping going outside of my comfort zone with a class like Necromancer will spark some more interest in this game.
They're buffing the Barbarian

Don't give up on them.

The Necromancer looks really good also

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It's a direct reference to the Diablo 1 class and Diablo 2 Act1 Companion, which was Rogue

Specifically the two were members of the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye though by D4's timeline references to Rogues expanded to include other Rogue groups, such as Kehjistan mercenaries and Hawezar smugglers, and not just women.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I have concerns for the Druid. I think its going to go the way of the barbarian.

Nah. It's already going to be stronger out of the gate due to its casting skills. It's just likely going to end up being the jack of all trades that it looks like, and its main defining feature will be crushing blow.

The Necromancer looks really good also

I have a huge amount of hopium with this one, but it looks to me like there will be one or maybe two pretty good builds in the beta, while many of them won't really be accessible until we have a lot more skill points to dump into passives, as well as having access to some of the other aspects. Between the Druid and Necromancer, the Necromancer seems closer to the Barbarian...but assuredly won't be as difficult early on.

Last edited:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
So I can play this starting this weekend right? Its open to all? Because I am very behind and havent played at all. Can we install yet?

To be fair DH is not my favourite class, but often the one i choose during seasons in D3 because of how fast the class moves and clear rooms.

Yeah I love ranged, but DH were so fast, it was a strong fun combo for me.

Feb 21, 2022
www.wowhead.com

Expectations for the Diablo IV Open Beta - Queue Times, Maintenance, Bugs

Blizzard has issued a statement regarding what to expect as we head into Open Access Weekend tomorrow - read on to find out more about potential queue times, maintenance, and bugs!

Feel like this should be quoted

1. Queue Times: When we open the gates again this Friday to absolutely everyone, we are expecting a lot of people. There will be lengthy queue times, particularly on Friday when we first launch and during peak regional windows. This past weekend helped us to forecast the capacity we expect this weekend, and we will be using that capacity to intentionally stress our systems in preparation for launch. In summary, while we know it can be frustrating, we need queues to properly stress test our services and we are designing to ensure we have them some of the time.
Expect queues tomorrow! They will be deliberately stressing the game.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

I think rogue is fine, since the Diablo 1 classes didn't really have any specific mechanics are skills to define them.

Bengraven