Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
Liking the rogue. The combo points system is pretty cool, and a nice inspiration from WoW.

Are there any iframes in the evade animation? It doesn't seem like it. It surely doesn't work to evade through Ashava's cleave attack.

Bilb Ono

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing, timer was less than 1 min, but than it gets stuck in the 'queued' loading message.
Console player? They posted this a couple hours ago.

"As of this morning, we are tracking a new issue related to some console players unable to get through queues. We are also continuing some work on a few of the issues from last night and this morning that are affecting a small number of users.

The team will continue tackling these throughout the day and we will provide another update later this afternoon once we have more information."

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This is my level 20 Sorceress:
186f646a27790-screenshotUrl.jpg

There are some really nice designs!
That's looks nice already

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
One major issue is in how the game queues up attacks. The game will read your inputs and store it despite the games animations not being fast enough to execute it, so if you accidently hit the attack button twice but did it before you even started the first animation the game will automatically follow up with the next hit when you're already trying to input the next command so it feels like a weird delay.

Not sure if it's an all characters thing but it happens a lot with my rogue and it's annoying as hell.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Did people hate the loot drop effects from D3? I felt like they helpful in ensuring I don't miss anything and more effective at releasing bits of dopamine. I'm noticing myself almost missing loot in this game.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
trying a new build as a barbarian using frenzy as basic builder and double swing as my fury dump

View: https://i.imgur.com/B9IKy2A.mp4

the damage reduction from combat frenzy is really nice (8% DR * 4 stack = 32% dmg reduction total)

also this legendary is quite nice

bijOW0w.png

using a ton of frenzy and letting my fury stay capped to build some fortify

and i have a ridiculous amount of thorns rn as well + thorns legendary + thorns gems

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've had to mix up my build a few times on barb in tier 2. First I was too offensive and got owned by a boss in a side dungeon, so I went into taunt which causes damage reduction for one boss which worked and made the fight a whole lot easier. Went for a good while with it being manageable again. Then I got to a boss which seemed like it was taunt immune so had to pick up the barrier as well to absorb damage and just play very defensive hit/run. Which to be honest, feels like it goes against the class fantasy, lol.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Did people hate the loot drop effects from D3? I felt like they helpful in ensuring I don't miss anything and more effective at releasing bits of dopamine. I'm noticing myself almost missing loot in this game.

I liked the legendaries beaming into the sky in D3, but maybe that'll be the case with the uniques here.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like how all the gear so far is only for the character I'm playing.....that's lame. I want to find something cool to use with another character that will make me want to start a different class.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Where are all the players? I almost never see anyone else besides just a few people in towns.

I miss the game browser of the old Diablos where you could just join a game of players with similar goals. Now it feels mostly single player if you don't have friends that play.

I at least hoped for matchmaking for dungeons and such. Kills my hype for the game.

Jun 1, 2021
Where are all the players? I almost never see anyone else besides just a few people in towns.

I miss the game browser of the old Diablos where you could just join a game of players with similar goals. Now it feels mostly single player if you don't have friends that play.

I at least hoped for matchmaking for dungeons and such. Kills my hype for the game.

Wouldn't joining a discord like Era's one and grouping up there help with most of lack of matchmaking?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
First time in a long time I can't drop a game
Hope we get a 120 hz mode still on series x. Or at least a vrr mode

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I had a game crash but relogging in was painless. It feels like they have it under control compared to yesterday.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just hit max rank on my sorcerer, gonna stop there I think. Enjoyed everything I've seen and kept some gear inthe vault for my next character (probably necromancer or rogue)

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Wow they fixed the load times! Instantly got in. Also the wardrobe function... oh no... that is dangerous. Fashion Diablo is a go!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
There are a couple QOL things that seem easy to miss especially for newer players unless I didn't see the tutorial prompts, like being able to go to any waypoint you've unlocked from anywhere in the open world, as well as being able to teleport back to a dungeon's entrance.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Got the Khazra Abdomination in the rouge dungeon thing and it is kicking my ass so hard, haven't struggled with a boss this whole time until I got to him :(

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Hit lvl 20 with the barbarian, so I unlocked the puppy back thing. Time to try the other classes to see which I wanna start with in retail.

Barb was fun but I read that melee had a harder time and I definitey can see why people think that. For the last fight in the campaign for the beta I basically used my main 2 skills (frenzy and upheaval), death strike, and then 3 shouts with some passives to buff me while a shout is active.

Got a wizard and rogue to lvl 5 and it definitely feels like they deal more damage. Prob because they don't seem as tanky yet

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
Yep, this is the general commentary from anyone who actually engages with the game. Can melee do it, yes, they obviously can. However, range is 100x easier. At endgame with the right legendaries melee is going to do exceptionally well...so will range. No one wants to be getting floor wiped while another class is walking over the content. Sorcerer and Necro are OP to level and get all that max gear. This doesn't mean that Barb isn't fun, but it isn't going to be for everyone that is for sure.
Early game maybe easier, but late game is a no issue on beta, uber tanky and easily can kill every boss, from what I saw on world boss all rogues and mages just get one shoted while barbs can take hits

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early game maybe easier, but late game is a no issue on beta, uber tanky and easily can kill every boss, from what I saw on world boss all rogues and mages just get one shoted while barbs can take hits
Why would i take hits on the world boss as a sorcerer ? You can cast hydras while being out of range. They did all the damage while i was chillin' and recasting them every 15sec ~
Yep, this is the general commentary from anyone who actually engages with the game. Can melee do it, yes, they obviously can. However, range is 100x easier. At endgame with the right legendaries melee is going to do exceptionally well...so will range. No one wants to be getting floor wiped while another class is walking over the content. Sorcerer and Necro are OP to level and get all that max gear. This doesn't mean that Barb isn't fun, but it isn't going to be for everyone that is for sure.
Yeah. I'm a barb main in every hack & slash, but i already figured out that i'll play Sorcerer first in D4. Quicker class to xp, will be perfect to unlock some aspects for my future barb.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Codex of power aspects are the worst version of that legendary effect. So assume you use that, it will be 10%; if you extract a legendary its a higher value. Additionally some aspects are not in the codex of power.

ya but you can unlock aspects from dungeons which you can apply to magic items

and also i've been saving all my legendaries so i can take the affix out of those items and be able to use them again (obviously a worse version of the affix but at least its level relative)

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just maxxed out my sorcerer and was never one-shotted in any encounter.

Kinetic Koala

Jan 6, 2023
Friend is trying to get on, managed to make his character but got the "account is current locked" error code. He closed/restarted the game but it still said that.

Any idea about that error code or any steps he should take to rectify? I'm assuming it has to do with servers being busy but I haven't seen that one yet on my side. Wondering if there's a simple solution