• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Expected Diablo IV Review score:

• 96-666

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 90-95

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 84-89

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • 78-83

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Error 37-77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
diablo_4_lillith_graphic.jpg

Check out the diabolical OT by Raticus79 for more game coverage!

Opencritic (90% Top Critic Average, 99% Critics Recommend)
Metacritic (88 PC, 92 XBSX, 87 PS5)

www.gamespew.com

Diablo 4 Review – The Best Diablo Has Ever Been – GameSpew

Review: Diablo 4 is phenomenal, with a story worth getting invested in and a huge amount of content available right from launch.
10/10
Phenomenal
We had high expectations for Diablo 4, and we're so happy to say that Blizzard has smashed them. This is a title that takes Diablo 3's meaningful quality-of-life improvements and expands upon them with aplomb, while also bringing back the much-loved look and feel of Diablo 2. All the while, it's not too focused on the past, taking the series into open world territory and making it more story-led than ever before. And what a story it tells: we never expected to be so invested. But more importantly, we can't wait to start a new character and jump once again into the endgame. Diablo 4 is devilishly good – the best Diablo game yet, in fact – and it only stands to get better.

www.gamingtrend.com

Diablo IV Review -- Good to the last bloody drop

Diablo IV is a challenge to review. While its predecessors have been fairly straightforward affairs, with a linear story and builds that are more dependent on gear drops and loot tables, Diablo IV has a veritable cornucopia of options that are even more plentiful than I could have imagined...
Phenomenal
Diablo IV represents a massive shift for the series, moving to a more inclusive and open world that is somehow as inviting for new players as returning veterans. Complexity is mixed with flexibility to create a game that is sure to consume you for hundreds if not thousands of hours. Diablo IV is the game we've been waiting for, and a return to form for the Blizzard team.

www.windowscentral.com

Diablo 4 review: This might be Blizzard's magnum opus

Diablo 4 might be Blizzard's most important, pivotal game since World of Warcraft, exceeding all expectations.
5/5
Simply put, Diablo 4 may be Blizzard's best-ever game, and that's a really tough legacy to live up to. Immaculate storytelling meets stunning art, polished, bug-free gameplay, atop endlessly customizable combat with the promise of dozens, maybe hundreds of hours of content — Diablo 4 might be Blizzard's most important, pivotal game since World of Warcraft. Do yourself a favor and go in completely blind. Even if you're not a typical fan of isometric action RPGs, I'm confident that you won't be disappointed.
Pros
+
Excellent story delivery, with top-shelf voice acting and writing
+Stunning visuals, the best ever seen in the genre
+Exciting combat with endless customization
+Flawless performance with near-zero bugs
Cons
-
Re-use of enemies, events, and dungeon layouts gets heavy and detracting
-Keybind customizability on console needs improvement

www.ign.com

Diablo 4 Review - IGN

A masterful ARPG that’s diabolically hard to put down.
9/10
Amazing
Diablo 4 is a stunning sequel with near perfect endgame and progression design that makes it absolutely excruciating to put down. The story is a pretty big disappointment despite still being a noticeable improvement over Diablo 3 and there are some annoying bugs that need squashing, but the combat, the loot game, and both the sights and sounds of this world are impressive enough to smooth over those rough edges. Diablo 4 takes the strategy of refining things the series already did so well rather than giving it a more substantial overhaul, and that careful and reverent path has shaped this massive sequel into one of the most polished ARPGs ever created, which makes slicing through the legions of the damned a hell of a good time.

arstechnica.com

Diablo 4 review: Off to a hell of a good start

Annoying-but-ignorable microtransactions can't ruin nigh-endless looter fun.
But if you love ARPGs and enjoyed the combat of Diablo 3 and the atmosphere of Diablo 2, I think you're going to love this game. It's not as brain-meltingly complicated as a Path of Exile, but it doesn't want to be. This is streamlined, big-budget loot hunting, and I absolutely love it. Ignore the monetization nonsense, vibe out on the demon slaying, and you'll have a great time.
Verdict: If you're a series fan, buy it. If you're skeptical, wait a few weeks or months to see how the unknowns work out in the live game.
The good
Fantastic art direction that returns the series to its grim roots
Entertaining story that kept me interested throughout
Polished, punchy, and super-fun combat
A giant open world and plenty of endgame content to keep you busy
The bad
You can ignore them, but the game's microtransactions are galling
Some unknowns about the future of the shop and the live-service elements of the game
Replacing legendary aspects on gear can be tedious
Skill trees could be more interesting
The ugly
Me, unwashed, sleep-deprived, and malnourished a week after release

www.consolecreatures.com

Review: Diablo 4 | Console Creatures

Diablo 4 is an impressive and massive conquest of demons, loot, exploration, and wildly fun mechanics. It's already clear that this game brings tons of new content to the franchise and handles it incredibly well.
Diablo 4 is an impressive and massive conquest of demons, loot, exploration, and wildly fun mechanics. It's already clear that this game brings tons of new content to the franchise and handles it incredibly well.
LIKED
Lots of rewarding and purposful side quests and dungeons
Strongholds, quests, and dungeons are all unique and we'll thought out
Interesting and varied loot drops
Incredible detail in it's look and sound
DIDN'T LIKE
Some classes still feel a little underpowered
Because there's so much to do, navigating menus can be cumbersome on a controller

Simply put, I found Diablo IV to be a near-perfect action RPG experience. Combat flows smoothly, and the massive world of Sanctuary entices with endless quests and enemies to conquer. The main campaign deserves every second of your attention, even with some rare moments of grating fan service. While Activision Blizzard certainly isn't without sin, Diablo IV is a devil well worth dealing with.

Video Reviews:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTeEGhqh-k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_S9rnIUQ3I

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how many more people will die from not moving from their chair and get a blood clot. Diablo 3's launch had me taking timed breaks like no other after like the 3rd report of someone dying.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope launch goes smoothly… I might wait a few days after launch just because I'm worried about buying a game and not being able to play it because of server overload lmao

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I wonder how many more people will die from not moving from their chair and get a blood clot. Diablo 3's launch had me taking timed breaks like no other after like the 3rd report of someone dying.

I hope this doesn't happen to people. Anyway I expect a 90 if the game keeps up how fun it was from early game to late.

Breadfan78

Dec 8, 2022
Guessing low 90's and I'll have to wait for 6/6 to play as Im not paying that much for early access.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Review threads go live once the review embargo is up and there are reviews to share/discuss.

PM a mod when that happens (in 8 and a half hours I think? 17:00 BST) and they'll unlock this!

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
TechRaptor 9.5/10

techraptor.net

Diablo IV Review

Diablo IV takes the ARPG genre to new heights, so Hell better look out for what's coming. Here's our review.

Seasoned Gaming 9/10

seasonedgaming.com

Review : Diablo 4 : Glorious Hell

Diablo is a franchise that holds a lot of meaning to me. Back in 1997, when the original Diablo launched, I had just secured a monster Compaq home

GamesHub 9/10

www.gameshub.com

Diablo 4 Review - Fiendishly Fun

Diablo 4 brings the frenetic fun of hack-and-slash RPG gameplay into a gothic world teeming with life (and death).

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The in-game store was disabled during the review period

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's enough 9s and 10s to suggest it's a banger.

Pumped. What a day for new game reviews!