Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Was heading out this morning and saw this in our driveway.

sopZA94.jpg

spMqBkK.jpg

iTvV8IN.jpg

I'd say I'm looking too much into this but... who the fuck drops a random whip looking thing into someone else's driveway? I legit don't know what it is? Is it a horse whip? Like, what in the fucking hell? Should... I call the cops?

Even if just some kids fucking around I'm fucking pissed as hell at this shit.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk the meaning of the whip, but I'm glad some of my neighbors have BLM signs up
nobody is fucking with them either

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh what the fuck.

I guess I don't know what a whip looks like, I thought it was just the small handle and the "whip" part. Didn't know it had a long stick part. Is there any practical use for a whip today I'm not thinking of (horses?? but that seems cruel?). Having trouble imagining how this happened and why someone would have one randomly and drop it right there of all places.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what kind of neighbourhood you live in and how many people have whips but in my opinion it would have to be a pretty unlikely confluence of events for a whip to accidentally end up in a driveway that has a black lives matter sign.

As far as calling the cops, they aren't gonna do shit.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hit some Proud Boys with that tbh

Only in self defense of course

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Looks more like a cat toy than a whip, but I'm not well versed in modern whip technology.

Weird thing to leave outside somebody's home, hopefully it's more coincidental than malicious.

Setting up a camera may be a good idea.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm not gonna lie, I'd be pretty scared if someone did that to me. Definitely seems targeted, unless there's some more reasonable explanation of how a horse whip got onto your property

I don't know if the cops would do anything. I'd get cameras if you don't already have them

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I think this most likely fell out of a truck, you got any horse farms near by?

Also - install a camera.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a halter training whip for horses. Not really what I'd expect to see as an intimidation tool.

But then again neither was a tiki torch.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Yeah that doesn't look like a whip to me, looks like a huge cat toy or some kind of fishing pol, I don't think whips are supposed to have such long handles.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I would say this is probably because of the BLM sign and yes, that is a whip. Cops won't do anything. Maybe get a camera.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
That is a pretty abstract message to send, but certainly possible. People are weird and racist.

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
Grew up and worked in/around agriculture in the Midwest - that's a livestock whip. We used it to herd pigs from one barn or pen to the next.

Obviously I can't chime in on the intent behind its presence outside your house (though I'd reeeaaaally like to), but I thought I'd clarify exactly what it is since it doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

OP
OP
Bob White

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
are there a lot of horses in your area OP? Any possibility someone could have dropped it without noticing?

I live in Lake Stevens, a woodland-ish area north of Seattle. Tons of trucks and random Trump signs every now and then. I think there's probably a horse ranch or whatever around but I'm not sure.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
They're not terribly expensive, usually $30 or less. You could see if there's a horse tack consignment shop near you that would sell it for you.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I live in Lake Stevens, a woodland-ish area north of Seattle. Tons of trucks and random Trump signs every now and then. I think there's probably a horse ranch or whatever around but I'm not sure.

There are a ton of horse training facilities in your area, but that's still really weird.

Might as well be Indiana Jones for Halloween now and punch some Nazis.

Oct 29, 2017
Of course it is not going to be the "right" type of whip that was used on people.

Whether it is a sex toy or for riding, it is probably a whip that you can easily buy and is probably inexpensive. The point is, that if someone purposely left it there to be recognizable as a whip the message doesn't change.

Oct 31, 2017
You don't take those riding though. The only reason I could think someone would accidentally drop it there is if it fell off a horse trailer going by (occasionally people leave stuff on the outside of the trailer, oops), or if it was being used for driving a horse-drawn cart & they dropped it. But you'd think they'd notice in that case. Doesn't seem likely someone walking by would accidentally drop it.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Do you like Castlevania? Hunting Dracula is now your job.

Seriously, I hope this is just a big coincidence and not something targeted at you. Get a camera asap.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's seems like an expensive way to intimidate your neighbors. Is it high quality, OP or something cheap that seems to have come off of Amazon?

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Take it, learn to use it, practice in your front yard so if they're spying you can show them how you can now whip their ass