• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Target's Black Friday ad just dropped and I noticed this gem in it for $79.99:

dwa_p08_f_20181122

Now Nintendo is known for having special edition hardware bundles every year, but typically they announce them before retailers reveal them, if I recall correctly. Did Target accidentally let this one through?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This ad isn't a leak, its right on Target.com's home page
This is a bit earlier than usual for Black Friday Ads to officially come out, but even if Target didn't clear it with Nintendo (or Sony for the PS4 Spiderman bundle), it's not like they can do anything about it. It's Target.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That 2DS bundle looks great - people who wonder why Nintendo keeps the plattform around....so they can offer these kind of bundles.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
That 2DS bundle looks great - people who wonder why Nintendo keeps the plattform around....so they can offer these kind of bundles.

Yah that bundle really good. Realistically you would say the game is at least $30 Normally, so a handheld console for $50 is a steal.

Already have normal 2DS, seeing if any good deals/bundles for XL versions. If not will get the SNES 3DS XL later in the month

julian

Oct 27, 2017
That looks amazing! Gah, I wish it had the internals of the New 3DS. I just can't justify it.

Oct 27, 2017
Not impressed with their bundles this year. Mario Maker 3DS is pretty terrible on the XL screens so I can't imagine how bad it is on a 2DS.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Shame about the included game and color scheme of the unit (looks like ketchup & mustard), but an excellent deal nonetheless.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, $79.99 for a handheld with an included game is almost impulse-buy territory. No way they can get a Switch that low right now (if ever)

Well, the 3DS launched at $250, so if you're prepared to wait another six years through multiple revisions and the launch of the Switch successor, you might be able to get a Switch Ultra Lite for ~$100... :-)

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Slate 2ds is the only version I don't have, but I have so many of the others, I don't see me getting this.....now that $40 Starlink May be mine.....

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. The bad version of Mario Maker bundled with the bad version of the 3DS. Neither of these things are what you really want. lol.

Seriously though, I guess bad Mario Maker is still better than no Mario Maker and the same could be said of the 3DS so I hope the people who get this enjoy it.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Shame about the included game and color scheme of the unit (looks like ketchup & mustard), but an excellent deal nonetheless.
What's wrong with ketchup & mustard? Are you hating on Ketchup & Mustard now? Got a problem with Ketchup & Mustard? We can settle this if you have a problem with Ketchup & Mustard? Come on now, /s.peak up.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That 2DS is really slick. I don't really have any reason to buy one, but it does look great. How are the ergonomics on the 2DS?