Jan 20, 2019
Yes, it being free on PS Plus is literally in my post you replied. It's a combination of those things and Part 2 having mediocre legs if you compare it to other high profile PS exclusives on gamstat. You just can't spin that. I hope the legs will pick up somehow, I loved the game.

There is only 2 titles above TLOU2 in the same time frame, is Spider Man and God of War.

And no, TLOU2 doesnt have mediocre legs.

The only high profile game first party Sony game to get mediocre legs is Death Strading.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
That's not at all surprising. Not only can TLOUR be purchased for just £11 brand new (discounted on top of being a PlayStation Hits title) whilst TLOU2 is still very close to full retail price, but TLOU is also available on PS Now and was available on PS Plus too.

Most people who still want to play TLOU2 but haven't yet, are going to be ones waiting for it to notably drop in price.

Well, it's a bit surprising. It's the hot new stuff vs a 7 year old game basically everybody played.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
There is only 2 titles above TLOU2 in the same time frame, is Spider Man and God of War.

And no, TLOU2 doesnt have mediocre legs.

The only high profile game first party Sony game to get mediocre legs is Death Strading.

Nah. Your including launch numbers which were absolutely amazing fo fit the narrative. I'm only talking about legs. Ghost, Horizon and UC4 had better legs in the same timeframe based on gamstat new players.

DS had decent legs for what it was. It opened with a million players and it's almost at 4 million.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
TLOU was released on two platforms and was bundled/heavily discounted for a while. TLOU2 sales up until now were basically at full price or very small discounts, so not... It's not underperforming. It will also most likely ser a very hefty boost when the PS5 releases, especially if there's a patch/new Multiplayer.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, it's a bit surprising. It's the hot new stuff vs a 7 year old game basically everybody played.

It's not necessarily the hot new stuff anymore, though it is still charting in certain countries and territories. It's over 4 months old, still near full price, and with next-gen just around the corner.

It also hasn't had any major feature or mode updates the way Ghost of Tsushima has had with Legends mode (outside of a higher difficulty). Factions isn't due to release till later.

Also, everybody hasn't played TLOU either. There are over 110m PS4 owners out there, whilst TLOU has sold over 17m copies. So there's still a large audience out there that won't have played it.

Once TLOU2 starts getting proper discounts, we'll have a clearer picture, but the fact it's still holding steady on price and charting in certain territories over 4 months after its launch, in itself says a lot.

Jan 20, 2019
Nah. Your including launch numbers which were absolutely amazing fo fit the narrative. I'm only talking about legs. Ghost, Horizon and UC4 had better legs in the same timeframe based on gamstat new players.

DS had decent legs for what it was. It opened with a million players and it's almost at 4 million.

Come on, i have being watching the sales of Ghost and TLOU2 from the past 3 months.
Saying it was mediocre legs is wrong.

No, DS doenst have decent legs, it open fine and it fall of cliff very fast, Days Gone has better legs that DS it was a game that probably cost a 1/3 of DS.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
I know that you are 15 years old child and the only goal you have in life is to protect your 400$ shitbox againts other 400$ shitboxes but I am not talking about that. I am talking about social justice here and ND done LGBTQ community dirty. They advertise the game as AAA title with a homosexual character and it turend out the homosexual person is a mass murderer maniac. There are enough discrimination and hatred toward LGBTQ so they dont need to be painted like this but to you sony mindless fanboys Sony cant do nothing wrong. Fuck you and fuck anybody trying to damage people because they are different than what you are.

Holy fuck this is a bad take.

So according to you no homosexual main character can be a murderer or a maniac because that paints the LGBTQ community in a bad light and encourages more discrimination and hatred towards it?

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I see some in this thread trying to go for legendary bad takes and "Niche-Man" sequel awards.

Even when its announced that it sold 10M copies, we'll have YouTube videos, and people on forums going "took long enough, what a flop". There's no way around these fools.

Dang, Tsushima already outsold FFVIIR?

Surprised we don't get as many "So did FF7R flop in the end" concern trolls. For a game that was anticipated for 15 years, its concerning.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Come on, i have being watching the sales of Ghost and TLOU2 from the past 3 months.
Saying it was mediocre legs is wrong.

No, DS doenst have decent legs, it open fine and it fall of cliff very fast, Days Gone has better legs that DS it was a game that probably cost a 1/3 of DS.

Mediocre compared the other big Sony AAA. Ask any sales insider here or compare it with other big exclusives yourself on gamstat in the same timeframe.

About DS: I think that's the usual narrative yes. I think it did ok, not great at launch and had ok legs. As I said it opened around a million players and it's almost at 4 million. DG had better legs for sure. DG had petty amazing legs IMO.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
As a lesbian I had some issues with TLOU2 (mainly
advertising first AAA game with lesbian protagonist. Sike, you spent half the game as a straight woman)
but I found absolutely nothing wrong with the characterization of Ellie in the game. I saw a lot of myself in her and was so pleased with that aspect of the game.
To be clear I still loved the game, its my favourite of the year for sure.

The take here even shouldn't be about whether it is okay for a lesbian character to be "evil"(she isn't evil, but whatever). I think instead its interesting to examine why SO MANY reset era posters are deeply concerned with the violence and ethics of a female protagonist but who have never seemed to voice complaints about many male protagonists who are just as violent, often significantly more "evil" than anything Ellie does. Its weird how a woman protagonist is held up to a double standard that men aren't. Huh, wonder why that could be.

Edited this post way too late because I guess I'd been a bit casual about spoilers forgetting this is just a sales thread. My bad.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Mediocre compared the other big Sony AAA. Ask any sales insider here or compare it with other big exclusives yourself on gamstat in the same timeframe.

About DS: I think that's the usual narrative yes. I think it did ok, not great at launch and had ok legs. As I said it opened around a million players and it's almost at 4 million. DG had better legs for sure. DG had petty amazing legs IMO.
No, not medicore.

Jan 20, 2019

You continue to be wrong, Any sales insider is not going to tell anything because nobody knows the exact sales. You are also mix sales with players and come to the wrong conclusion, just because one title is not perfoming the same stregh in legs compare to other title doenst make it mediocre.

DS didnt do ok, it did bad, both the initial sales and it is legs.
You basic come to the conclusion because the game had 1M players and now 4M that it makes is legs good or ok, it doesnt.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018

Why research actual data when you can just say stuff right? The game basically dissappeared from most of the charts and more people play the 7 year old original than the new one. It sold 34k in it's 3rd month on NPD. We had an actual insider confirming that legs are not good in the NPD thread with actual sales. You can look it up or keep saying the same thing.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Why research actual data when you can just say stuff right? The game basically dissappeared from most of the charts and more people play the 7 year old original than the new one. It sold 34k in it's 3rd month on NPD. We had an actual insider confirming that legs are not good in the NPD thread with actual sales. You can look it up or keep saying the same thing.
Hmmm, then what is this?
I can confirm TLOUII is doing/has done extremely well. The next time a figure is announced expect to be astounded. This game has done tremendous numbers and I couldn't be prouder.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
It is worth mentioning that Bethesda (Doom), Take Two (RDR/GTA/2K), and Nintendo (Various) titles do not include digital sales in this ranking. Obviously TLOU2 stays in the top 10, but these NPD rankings offer a distorted picture.

They also only cover America, which is not the world. Not even half of it.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
You continue to be wrong, Any sales insider is not going to tell anything because nobody knows the exact sales. You are also mix sales with players and come to the wrong conclusion, just because one title is not perfoming the same stregh in legs compare to other title doenst make it mediocre.

DS didnt do ok, it did bad, both the initial sales and it is legs.
You basic come to the conclusion because the game had 1M players and now 4M that it makes is legs good or ok, it doesnt.

Last NPD had the sales leaked. Tlou 2 sold 34k. Amazing legs right? An insider confirmed they are not good.

Kojima confirmed DS was profitable, it wasn't the big flop you try to make it. But I guess that doesn't count because reasons.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm aware of that thread. I meant as many. TLOU2 is bait for concern trolls.
Oh yea, definitely. I don't think I've ever seen more concern trolling for a game. Every new non spoiler thread made for the game feels like a mine field.
Last NPD had the sales leaked. Tlou 2 sold 34k. Amazing legs right? An insider confirmed they are not good.

Kojima confirmed DS was profitable, it wasn't the big flop you try to make it. But I guess that doesn't count because reasons.
Interesting that you ignore what I posted....very interesting.
edit-alright well corrected.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019

Ah i see, so because Kojima confirmed to be profitable that makes is legs good. Again, you mistake things and move the goal post. I game making a profit doenst make is legs good.

Last NPD had the sales leaked. Tlou 2 sold 34k. Amazing legs right?

Again, i never said the legs of the game are amazing, just told you they were not mediocre. EDIT: Aparently you didnt saw that, my bad

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The bottom line is that we have no official updated numbers yet, and this a long haul. The game will keep selling for a long time and in terms of revenue already is right near the top.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Oh yea, definitely. I don't think I've ever seen more concern trolling for a game. Every new non spoiler thread made for the game feels like a mine field.

Interesting that you ignore what I posted....very interesting.

You mean your ignoring mine right? Lol. Let's just chill and stop impying I'm a concern troll because I'm partaking in a sales discussion. I have the Deluxe since day 1 and I loved it to death. If the legs are good I'm a happy person. :)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You mean your ignoring mine right? Lol. Let's just chill and stop impying I'm a concern troll because I'm partaking in a sales discussion. I have the Deluxe since day 1 and I loved it to death. If the legs are good I'm a happy person. :)
I'm not saying you are specifically, but there have been ones that are always there ever since the leaks. Just saying that there is no indication of the game having sales issues right now, and we don't have updated sales. Which is why this thread is essentially pointless.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see some in this thread trying to go for legendary bad takes and "Niche-Man" sequel awards.

Even when its announced that it sold 10M copies, we'll have YouTube videos, and people on forums going "took long enough, what a flop". There's no way around these fools.

Surprised we don't get as many "So did FF7R flop in the end" concern trolls. For a game that was anticipated for 15 years, its concerning.
FFVIIR opened higher than FFXV(>1,5KK) and it was the fifth best selling exclusive after two months, surpassing Uncharted 4 (no bundles counted) in the USA.

GOT its having amazing legs and it probably sold >2,5M already in NPD

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The game had an enormous opening, of course legs won't be as great for a single player game because right now everyone that wants either already got it or waiting for a sale.

Also, Naughty Dog games don't really have good legs anyway until they are mass bundled.

It'll hit $20 eventually and probably get a PS5 pack in a few holidays from now. That's how Sony sells their exclusives.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
lol of course not, again an OP thinks USA is the whole world, will not have the legs of The Last of Us (the best ever for a Sony exclusive) and Spiderman (impressive legs too), but that don't mean is underperforming, will sell as much as God of War (great legs too), so probably 15M in the end, nothing bad huh?

Oct 24, 2019
I can confirm TLOUII is doing/has done extremely well. The next time a figure is announced expect to be astounded. This game has done tremendous numbers and I couldn't be prouder.

awesome to hear!

Out of curiosity, do you know what the numbers for Days Gone and Death Stranding look like? Even if you can't give specifics, just ballparks?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TLOU 2 was likely very heavy digital sales with the pandemic on so it's probably sold a ton more then can be tracked.