• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I try to get at least one achievement a day now because Microsoft gives 50 reward points per day for an achievement unlocked. I still try to 100% complete games I really like.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
More

Not in terms of collection wise but as a feature wise on choosing to buy third party games on PlayStation and PC over Nintendo platforms

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually cared about them at all and it may sound weird by my kids that are now middle and high school age have never cared about them either.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the game honestly. I liked RDR2 but theres no way I'm actually going to grind the online stuff. So nowadays I draw the line depending on all sorts of criteria, I know what I like and don't like, I know what is worthwhile use of my time and not. I purposely left the LOH TOCS3 platinum at 97%(just need to beat nightmare mode) as an excuse to revisit it....and I love that game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I cared about the same? I don't really think my opinion of them rose or fell much.

I still find it weird playing Nintendo games that don't have ANY sort of play tracking like trophies, so it's clear they've had some kind of effect on me but I generally don't obsess over them. I only got maybe four or five platinum trophies the entire generation.

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
Much less this time. I thought they were cool previously (but never went out of my way to 100% them), this time around I just find them distracting and much less time for it.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
About the same, but it was always too much.

I wish I could stop caring about them honestly. It would save me a lot of hassle grinding out shitty trophies for platinums!

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I don't care about it as much as I used to. I just don't have the time to especially considering my immense backlog i'm trying to get through as well. If I've gotten a lot of them unconsciously and am pretty close to 100%/platinum (or if I really enjoyed the game), then I'll go for full completion if it's reasonable enough. I do like keeping them open for when I want some replayability if i'm interested enough.

Nov 8, 2017
Less.

I realized that time was my most precious resource, and chasing digital points or trophies was not something that I wanted to spend that on.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I liked them for a little while on the Xbox 360, but after a while it was taking away enjoyment from games trying to get them. Now I just have them disabled/hidden on every platform and I forget they exist. (turned them on for DQXI on PS4, but that's it.)

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
More for sure, but that's probably cuz I started a PSN account fairly late last gen. I still think REmake is the best trophy list since the gameplay challenges they present are really fun.