• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 5, 2021
DiZGdfKVAAAV4pd

DyKSLOMUcAA9Ddm.jpg
EaPItoaUMAAFgsM
FohtWJGaUAEi9lT

From what I understand, the books are already in the Public Domain in Japan (and also in some other places like the Canada) and this manga that I discovered already adapted "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", but entered on hiatus at the beginning of this year, but the author posted the following images on his Twitter (X) this month:

F-kEKeibgAADsE8

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Gorgeous, the style reminds me of some of FFXIV's official illustrations.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
myanimelist.net

Narnia-koku Monogatari 1: Majutsushi no Oi

On a daring quest to save a life, two friends are hurled into another world, where an evil sorceress seeks to enslave them. But then the lion Aslan's song weaves itself into the fabric of a new land, a land that will be known as Narnia. And in Narnia, all things are possible.

Seems they are working book by book but MAL only has the one entry as far. There might be a translation out there somewhere but I would imagine it is behind.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
There were the opening chapters released a few years back and then it was dropped. Looks like someone picked it up recently and has been uploading new chapters.

mangadex.org

Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew - MangaDex

On a daring quest to save a life, two friends are hurled into another world, where an evil sorceress seeks to enslave them. But then the lion Aslan's song weaves itself into the fabric of a new land, a land that will be known as Narnia. And in Narnia, all things are possible.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I imagine it's not public domain in the US so has no chance for an official release here?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know there was a shoujo X-Men manga where Kitty Pride is the only girl student at the school?

jPa91Om.jpeg

Also Beast looks like Totoro.
wsgoP3M.jpeg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There's a manga of Superman eating different kinds of food for some reason (Superman vs. Meshi, and I saw it at Target).

And of course the Deadpool samurai manga (also available at Target) outsells basically every Marvel graphic novel/tpb in the US.

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
The literal power of god and anime on their side with this one.
All jokes aside, really neat! I love seeing these odd adaptations all across the world.