• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 14, 2017
I'm glad the first game isn't gone for good. I hate when games are delisted
It was theorized that it was done on accident because in Japan, the first game was bundled with Hacker's Memory, so the standalone release being delisted wasn't that big of a deal. Somebody must've screwed up in the west and not mentioned that delisting CS would mean it would be unavailable.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Between Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, and now this I'm going to have a very, very busy year with Switch RPGs. Might have to wait for a sale for this one, honestly, but two games for $50 is already a decent price...

I liked TMS#FE then? How's that for a comparison
Closer, I guess? The Cyber Sleuth games are a lot more command-based than TMS is with its various sub-systems, but the fundamental principle of exploiting weaknesses though attacks and spells still apply the same. The Cyber Sleuth games get pretty crazy with the amount of customization that's possible, especially as there are Digimon you can't get without engaging with the particulars of Digivolving, as well as having a farm where you can have non-party Digimon still earn experience and stats to keep them fresh for whenever you do need them.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Between Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, and now this I'm going to have a very, very busy year with Switch RPGs. Might have to wait for a sale for this one, honestly, but two games for $50 is already a decent price...

Bamco has sales like every week. This'll be 50% off in no time tbh.

Oct 26, 2017
Good news, Bamco already confirmed a physical release for Switch. Will cost $49.99

71f8de523745a173a48f4190a4bab078.jpg

Source?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
according to how long to beat both combined is around 90 hours long not including doing extra stuff

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Never had the time to play through the PS4 version, so likely going to pick this up for the portability factor. Cool that both games are included.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of refreshing to see a company do Switch physical releases right after constantly being disappointed by Capcom.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I played both a lot already, I'm good. But anyone who likes Digimon who hasn't experienced the games should definitely check them out.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Goddamn this is great. I didn't beat the original and I never played the sequel so I'll definitely pick this up.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Nice! Never finished the first on Vita due to the platform losing my interest overall pretty rapidly since 2017. Will get this on the Switch for sure.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn October 18th feels so far away.

Oh well, should give me time to finish astral chain( I'm a slow player)

I thought they fixed it up for the PS4 release. Am I mistaken?
You're thinking of the first SAO game. Cyber Sleuth has some really strange problems with its localization and figuring out if they're using the original Japanese names of the Digimon or their localized names. I think Hacker's Memory solved those problems, so there's at least some hope that they'll go back and fix them in the original for this release. With a PC release, however, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that it will get fixed one way or the other.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
How are these games, for anyone who has played them? I've always been super interested in Digimon but I've heard mixed opinions on the games.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How are these games, for anyone who has played them? I've always been super interested in Digimon but I've heard mixed opinions on the games.
Super easy and cheap but fun. There's a lot of variety in terms of digivolutions and the story dips into cosmic horror. There is a hard mode, but it makes bosses annoying.

If you're a fan of a more traditional style of RPG, you'll find a lot to love in the Cyber Sleuth games. The SMT comparisons are bang-on, particularly for the very similar ebb-and-flow to the combat, as well as how twisted the story gets for the threat that visits itself upon Tokyo. They're not the absolute best at anything for the genre, but they very rock-solid from top to bottom, and anyone with an appreciation for the Digimon franchise will have a lot to cheer about with the TLC they gave the models and animations for the ones that were included.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Neat. Will probably get it during the Steam winter or Christmas sale.

Bamco games almost always go on sale for 33%+ off like 5 minutes after release.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nice. Glad it's coming to more platforms. I already own both on PS4 and Vita, so no double dipping for me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The real question I have is, are both games on the Switch cart? I would love, LOVE to buy this, but if they try to pull some 1 game on cart, 1 game download BS, then they're not getting my money.
Off the top of my head Namco hasn't done that with any of their releases, tales, Katamari, Dragonball were all complete in cart

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Off the top of my head Namco hasn't done that with any of their releases, tales, Katamari, Dragonball were all complete in cart
Well in those cases, those were all standalone games so far. They were too cheap to release the Naruto trilogy here in the US though, even though Japan got a release of it. They have yet to prove themselves willing to do right by multiple games/1 sku releases.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Super happy to hear this! Been wanting to try out these games.

Man, so many RPGs on Switch, and so little time...

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
One of those games that makes me feel crazy, I loved Digimon as a kid, watching the show on daily/weekly.
I remember going to see the first movie(released in 2000) in threatres when I was 11.

I just couldn't get into Cyber Sleuth though, I made it to Chapter 10 and dropped it. I think 18 hours I put into it.

I still have the physical copy, maybe I'll try again someday.