• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure I need this after 100%ing the PC release...

Then again it is my favorite game. Will probably quad-dip, lol

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder If the bandwith limitations were so severe for both games that the developers choose to stay at 720p. Bayonetta 3 will probably be better in that regard.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Something to note: The 360 version on Xbox One X provides better performance than the Switch version (or any other console version).

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Framerate > Resolution.

This is fine. Mainly sticks to 60 FPS, without dips. And at least it is the native resolution of the Switch LCD screen.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
720p, ugh. I get why it ended up that way, yet I can't help but feel disappointed being asked $50 for Bayonetta 2.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Bayonetta 3 will be no more than 720p in handheld mode as well. I'm fine with it.

Oct 25, 2017
So better than the 360, Wii U, and considerably better than the PS3 version.
Might have missed him commenting on handheld performance but it should look quite nice on there

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft are emulation wizards. The XB1X improvements to the game over the 360 original are incredible.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will watch the video now but, the render in the preview that's the Smash model. But it's not one of the skins in Smash itself is it?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome what Microsoft has been able to do with back compat and the X1X. The definitive console release, and at no additional cost to the user

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Great work as usual John

Microsoft are emulation wizards. The XB1X improvements to the game over the 360 original are incredible.

its not really emulation as we traditionally know it from other consoles. XB1's solution is completely different from making a 360 emulator and simply having the XB1 run it.

I wonder If the bandwith limitations were so severe for both games that the developers choose to stay at 720p. Bayonetta 3 will probably be better in that regard.

They will build Bayonetta 3 around the bandwidth limitations, they won't be working within them, so i expect Bayo 3 to really show what the switch can do

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

A 10x hardware boost (over the 360) from a premium $500 console will do that. The fact they compared the Switch version to it (or the PC version for that matter) is baffling to me considering it's a WiiU port running on a mobile chipset. Of course it looks and runs much better on a PC / Xbox X. Water is wet lol.

I'm going to hold off on getting it for the Switch as I've already completed both and have far too many half finished Switch games in my backlog!!

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 10x hardware boost (over the 360) from a premium $500 console will do that. The fact they compared the Switch version to it (or the PC version for that matter) is baffling to me considering it's a WiiU port running on a mobile chipset. Of course it looks and runs much better on a PC / Xbox X. Water is wet lol.

I'm going to hold off on getting it for the Switch as I've already completed both and have far too many half finished Switch games in my backlog!!

They compared all versions so people can make a decision on which to buy if they're not interested in double (triple? quadruple?) dipping. DF should always compare as many versions of a game as possible.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Only 10x? I believe it's closer to 25-30 times tbh.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Better than previous versions means it's better. Good enough for me.

How does the poverty Xbox one run it? Is that version better than switch as well?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great port, will definitely grab both of these games later on this year.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

In terms of power, hardware obviously doesn't scale linearly, but atleast in terms of GPU, we're talking more like 30x, not 10x.

Xbox 360's GPU is around 200GFLOP's last i heard, and we're comparing that to a 6TLOP system at the very least. Not only that, but the bandwidth 360 had is dwarfed by the X by 16x. The only relative weak link is the CPU which was originally about 3x Xenon, but with the overclocking is probably somewhere around 5x now

Is this common for old games with back compat? Like is Sony's marketing deal the biggest reason why the old game wouldn't get a 4K patch?

No. There is no conspiracy marketing deal stopping X enhancements. Maybe from showing them off at marketing events

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only 10x? I believe it's closer to 25-30 times tbh.

In GPU flops yeah although the CPU leap for XB1 over the 360 is far smaller although still significant.

I just think looking at the Switch specs (aswell as it being a mobile chipset) it would be fairer comparing it to the PS360WiiU versions of the game rather than comparing it to premium hardware. We already know it will run much, much better on those platforms so it's wasting precious video time doing it, at least imo. I'd be much more interested in seeing how it compares against the PS3 version for instance.

I just find it strange we rarely get detailed PS4/XB1 vs PC comparisons anymore yet we get Switch vs PC.

Inuhanyou

It's an even larger leap than I thought then!

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
lmao at the YouTube video of the guy saying the textures were better, there you go. Oh well, not enough changes for me, it's just a port for the most part. Good enough for newcomers, not enough for double dipping imo

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
720p is a bit disappointing but it looks like a good port in the end. I already double dipped on the first game, so I'm more interested in 2 and 3.