• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
NICE! Def. getting this!

Great looking overall, all versions are solid, X version is the way to go. Great improvements in lighting compared to F1 2018.

Xbox One X 2160p cb, locked 60fps, no tearing, some effects have higher-quality (shadows). Best version in performance and graphics.
Xbox One - 1080p cb, fps drops in extreme situations and some tearing. Worst version in performance and graphics.

PS4 Pro - 1800p cb, minor fps drops in extreme situations and some tearing
PS4 - 1080p native, fps drops in extreme situations and some tearing

I recommend watching the video for more details :)
added to the op. Thanks to Klobrille.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game's graphics look so uncanny for some reason. It may be the excessively shiny parts of the car (why the fuck do the tyres look like there's wax on them at around 1:55?), the lifeless faces of people, the entire environments feeling very static, some odd special effects applied (like some unrealistic fog)... compared to games like Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo, even looking at past titles, it just feels really fake. I owned every F1 game made by Codemasters so far (besides the 2009 one on the Wii), but it's unreal how they just can't compete with other racers in delivering a realistic look for some reason. It doesn't look "bad", it's fairly spectacular actually, but it really feels like a game as opposed to what goes in, say, Forza Motorsport 7. It's so odd.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can't watch it right now, what's the summary?
Great looking overall, all versions are solid, X version is the way to go. Great improvements in lighting compared to F1 2018.

Xbox One X 2160p cb, locked 60fps, no tearing, some effects have higher-quality (shadows). Best version in performance and graphics.
Xbox One - 1080p cb, fps drops in extreme situations and some tearing. Worst version in performance and graphics.

Last edited:

dieter

Oct 27, 2017
So tempted to get this, but I suspect it will come to gamepass similar to most recent codemasters games, so I might wait a bit for that. Probably won't be until early next year though, so that is a long wait.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
PC version is looking and running great by the way. I think Forza Motorsport 7 still looks better at max settings but its getting closer.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Great to see devs pushing the X! Best looking and performing is definitely great to hear

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I always praise devs who put in the effort to make Xbox one x look and perform the best among all consoles. Great job. The X is a beast.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Great to see devs pushing the X! Best looking and performing is definitely great to hear

Yeah, I was disappointed in CTR on the X. Basically it's the same as Pro, but loading seems even longer, and there's some odd hitching at the title screen that isn't there on Pro. Good on CodeMasters for taking advantage of the hardware.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The game's graphics look so uncanny for some reason. It may be the excessively shiny parts of the car (why the fuck do the tyres look like there's wax on them at around 1:55?), the lifeless faces of people, the entire environments feeling very static, some odd special effects applied (like some unrealistic fog)... compared to games like Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo, even looking at past titles, it just feels really fake. I owned every F1 game made by Codemasters so far (besides the 2009 one on the Wii), but it's unreal how they just can't compete with other racers in delivering a realistic look for some reason. It doesn't look "bad", it's fairly spectacular actually, but it really feels like a game as opposed to what goes in, say, Forza Motorsport 7. It's so odd.
I would agree if you were talking pre-2019 games. F1 2019 on PC looks like the real thing consistently, especially when driving using the cockpit view. The volumetric lighting and overall improvements to the graphics pipeline this year make all the difference in the world.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely great. Video says that no version is a disappointment and it's genuinely a great showcase for modern TVs.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had my finger over the order button on a bundle with this and a ffb wheel all day...

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I would agree if you were talking pre-2019 games. F1 2019 on PC looks like the real thing consistently, especially when driving using the cockpit view. The volumetric lighting and overall improvements to the graphics pipeline this year make all the difference in the world.

I don't agree. It still has that awful cartoony element.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I got it last week on the Xbox One X.

It does look a bit better than F1 2018, lighting wise, but in the regular cockpit view you don't really see a lot of differences. I was honestly expecting more changes but overall, its an amazing game. Just don't expect a revolution coming from F1 2018.

Using an OLED C8, 4K HDR.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Dammit, i didn't know the game was out ... i just started Yakuza 5, i cannot let it go right now :(
It's very early this year.

Good to hear the game is still strong. To us the shiny surface of new tires.

I just read F2 is in this year... if i can make a career F2->F1 i'll be very happy.
There is no official topic on this game ? I cannot find... but i am new so my searching skills here are poor...

(can i play as Carmen Jorda or Tatiana Calderon ?
No ?
alright then... next year maybe )

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, i didn't know the game was out ... i just started Yakuza 5, i cannot let it go right now :(
It's very early this year.

Good to hear the game is still strong. To us the shiny surface of new tires.

I just read F2 is in this year... if i can make a career F2->F1 i'll be very happy.
There is no official topic on this game ? I cannot find... but i am new so my searching skills here are poor...

(can i play as Carmen Jorda or Tatiana Calderon ?
No ?
alright then... next year maybe )
It's not a real F2 to F1 career, you do start in F2, but you play only some key moments of the season. Depending on your performance, you will receive different offers from the F1 teams.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
It may be the excessively shiny parts of the car (why the fuck do the tyres look like there's wax on them at around 1:55?)
The waxy look of the tyres is actually consistent with how they look in real ife. It's there to indicate the tyre is a new set instead of a used one. The lighting on the cars is also consistent under lighting situations, certain teams use very glossy livery on their cars.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
It's not a real F2 to F1 career, you do start in F2, but you play only some key moments of the season. Depending on your performance, you will receive different offers from the F1 teams.

Thanks for the info, i'll take all that's on offer :)
It's nice to have an experience of the series even if it's only bite-sized.