• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
DLSS 3 seems to be ridiculous. Tech like this on a portable? Fuck that would be dope.

4kioshh.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyGWFI1cuZQ

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
DLSS 4.0 will go nice with my 5080

Last edited:

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
šŸ
I hope they are able to speak on input response. If that doesn't improve then DLSS 3 is just pretty motion interpolation. And I wouldn't want to see those performance metrics show up in benchmarks.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, looking forward to this.

Maybe my eyes aren't adjusting, but I thought the IQ in that footage in DLSS 3 look worse than 2.0...but guess I will look more closely when the video is released

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
So if I am getting this right...DLSS 3.0 is 4x better than native? And 1.6x better than DLSS2.0?

And that's just looking at the stuff in that teaser. SO in addition to all the extra cuda cores, and DLSS 2.0, what we are realy looking at is like a 60% increase over the 3090?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see this preview, the early perf numbers looks great.

It's a shame the 4090 costs like a nice car in EU.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I hope nvidia continues to improve DLSS 2.0 since only very few people will be able to use 3.0 at the start.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
> locked to 4xxx series
> wants it on a handheld

Might as well strap a screen and some buttons onto the card and rawdog it.

Jan 4, 2018
As someone who just reinstalled CP2077 and has a 3080, trying to balance resolution and RT to my liking... that 4K 120 footage is nuts.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who just reinstalled CP2077 and has a 3080, trying to balance resolution and RT to my liking... that 4K 120 footage is nuts.
I just used native 4K and turned off ray tracing. wasnt good enough at all IMO versus performance cost

thats why I'm happy with the 3080 and have no interest in 4 series because its strength is ray tracing

DimpleSan

Jun 16, 2020
All this power and no games to take advantage of it... Don't want to see the same old games at ever higher frame rates and resolutions. If it lets us do more full ray tracing with existing games though, that might be interesting.

But this look amazing, actually improving the graphics of old games:

NVIDIA RTX Remix The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Interactive Comparison #004

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
All this power and no games to take advantage of it... Don't want to see the same old games at ever higher frame rates and resolutions. If it lets us do more full ray tracing with existing games though, that might be interesting.

I agree. The next big graphics showcase will be Stalker 2 in 2023/24 tho.

Jun 25, 2022

That looks like a complete remake. Entirely new assets and PBR materials.

Morrowind RTX is in the works.

AndyBNV

NVIDIA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Very interesting. Looking forward to it.

Is Portal RTX supposed to be fully path traced like Quake 2 RTX?

Yep! Portal with RTX uses a ray tracing technique known as path tracing or full ray tracing, which unifies all lighting effects, such as shadows, reflections, refractions and more, into a single ray tracing algorithm.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Alex mentioned 60->120fps upscaling, so it's really going to be like TV motion interpolation [only with much more pixel processing and temporal data]? :D

Any supported game that can reach 60 will get upscale to 120? Or 8K30 > 60fps?

DF probably used that to achieve 4K120 C2077 with Psycho RT settings. We'll know more when their preview vids are out.

Oct 4, 2021
I know I am talking about a super niche use case - and super unlikely also - but some RTX Remix titles could be really interesting on an OLED portable screen. Specifically, the Ori series, Tetris Effect and cell-shaded games Ć  la Wind Waker could look unreal. Especially in HDR.

Nintendo and Valve, please.

:-(

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA