• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe it's the same game I watched a friend stutter his way through for a couple hours back on the original console.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a great port, but I wonder why the X can't hold 60 locked in Balmora, I don't remember that area having anything crazy.

I'd be so interested in hearing the opinions of people who never played Morrowind trying it out for the first time.

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Don't have an Xbox but loved morrowind on the og. Microsoft are hitting home runs and 6's with providing backwards compatibility. It's great to see

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Never played Morrowind

I have to assume it wouldn't hold up that well even with the 1X enhancements...

What is it about Morrowind that makes it unique compared to Oblivion and Skyrim? Is it more hardcore? Less hardcore? How's the combat?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Those are some impressive improvements, even considering that it was an Xbox title and not 360. All the same it's great to see these free improvements being offered and I do hope they continue pushing out more for additional games.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Never played Morrowind

I have to assume it wouldn't hold up that well even with the 1X enhancements...

What is it about Morrowind that makes it unique compared to Oblivion and Skyrim? Is it more hardcore? Less hardcore? How's the combat?
Way way way more freedom with its systems, and way way way less handholding for quests.

Combat is Elder Scrolls combat, it's never been good.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow. I knew Morrowind was backwards compatible but I had no clue old Xbox games were also getting a resolution boost. That's awesome. Xbox's backwards compatibility has been pretty impressive.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing for years this is the best one, I wish I could jump into it. I just know that the visuals would hold me back. Time and place thing.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Zt69HfQ.png

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. I knew Morrowind was backwards compatible but I had no clue old Xbox games were also getting a resolution boost. That's awesome. Xbox's backwards compatibility has been pretty impressive.
ALL OG Xbox games that become backward compatible are enhanced and receive an increase of 4x resolution on Xbox One/One S and 16x resolution on Xbox One X.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I have been out of the loop, this is BC of Elder Scroll III? I have never play it, is it going to be available to buy on MS store? Or just phisycal?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing for years this is the best one, I wish I could jump into it. I just know that the visuals would hold me back. Time and place thing.

While the visuals are outdated, the atmosphere holds up to modern standards.

And if you have a PC, you can just use the Overhaul mod.

It's an awesome game, you definitely should give it a try someday. Maybe Microsoft will start to do more sales for BC games now that they're doing a harder push with them.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely incredible. I never imagined that MS would do more than just port these games.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, I have been out of the loop, this is BC of Elder Scroll III? I have never play it, is it going to be available to buy on MS store? Or just phisycal?

Yes, Morrowind is now BC on the Xbox One. You can buy it digitally via the Xbox website or on the Xbox console. You can also use a physical disc if you have one.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can buy it digitally, but if you have a physical copy, you can insert it into the console and it'll start to download the game but you'll still need the disc in to play as a license check.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A lot of textures on the ground are better with the patch, you can even see it in the video several times. That could have been mentioned instead too instead of only the negative part but otherwise a fantastic video again.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Way way way more freedom with its systems, and way way way less handholding for quests.

Combat is Elder Scrolls combat, it's never been good.

Yeah that's kinda what I figured

Thanks

I kinda wanna try it outta curiosity, but i'm not sure i'm in the mood for ES combat. Maybe if I rolled an archer it would be tolerable

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any news on Jedi academy? Aka the best game of the bunch. Would try out morrowind. I gotta find a copy of it.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
When he started talking about performance degradation over long playtimes I had flashbacks to obsessively closing doors.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
One jaguar core is probably more powerful then the og xbox CPU.
Indeed. It was a Celeron at half the speed of Jaguar.

This video is great. I dumped so many hours into Morrowind on Xbox. May have to revisit.

When he started talking about performance degradation over long playtimes I had flashbacks to obsessively closing doors.

Close the doors. Don't take objects out in the open. Don't leave objects in the open. Find your favorite perma-corpse for storage.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a great port, but I wonder why the X can't hold 60 locked in Balmora, I don't remember that area having anything crazy.

I'd be so interested in hearing the opinions of people who never played Morrowind trying it out for the first time.

I thought performance was always bad in Balmora. To the point it was a running joke.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I thought performance was always bad in Balmora. To the point it was a running joke.

Yeah it's been too long since I played on the original Xbox to remember, and on the PC I didn't have a problem since I played it later on with a more powerful system.

I wonder what it is about that particular area, and what's unoptomized.

Because if Vivec City wasn't that much of a hog, Balmora shouldn't either.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land

Back when it released I dreamed of having a PC that could achieve a good framerate in Balmora. I'm not surprised at all that even an X1X doesn't achieve a locked 60 there.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Shame this version was unable to include the big journal overhaul that the GotY edition on the PC got(due to timing constraints). Was bummed about that way back when it released on Xbox.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I first played Morrowind. I was swinging my sword at bad guys and nothing happened. Anytime I tried look at anything on a shelf, they would accuse me of stealing.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Sad I gave away all my original xbox games years ago but thankfully I can purchase them again on the store.