• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

The analysis you've been waiting for! Rich goes hands-on with Xbox Series X and puts its backwards compatibility capabilities to the most extreme tests possible. How much more graphics power does the compatibility mode deliver? Can it deliver 60fps on some of the most challenging Xbox One X games we've looked at over the years? The answers may surprise you.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
schermafbeelding2020-iokif.png

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
The first minute of this sounds like PR, not saying it is, just left me with an eyebrow raise.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Load times for Hitman is what I'm most interested in. The only game that I felt was unplayable due to load times.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
God damn. Backcompat team putting in work cementing their status as best in the biz.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Really impressive. Have never understood anyone downplaying the importance of backwards compatibility.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
That is really great stuff. Those getting the XSX have huge boosts coming to their current-gen games.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
MS confirming no rdna 2 architectural boosts in back compat but full speed clocks/cu count in bc mode.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really impressive. Have never understood anyone downplaying the importance of backwards compatibility.
It kind of makes the decision at the start of the generation to upgrade much easier since you can just upgrade and get a better experience while trading in your old console to offset the cost. I definitely think it's way downplayed on this forum, and I think we can (mostly) agree that it's becoming a bigger story as time goes on because MS is doing such a good job at maintaining backwards compatibility for multiple generations. MS has always been a champion of backwards compat (even on Windows) and that strategy is *really* going to start bearing fruit I think. PC gamers have enjoyed this ability for a long long time.